• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Starting today, April fools day,

WalMart has 10 cents per gallon off when you use a Wally gift card

and 15 cents off when you use the Wally debit or credit card

it lasts thru July 7, 2013

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

WalGas
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
great answer! but also, which additives are worth $ and why?

SinglePapa (Apr. 07, 2013 @ 9:58p) |

thought this was a great deal, but if they are pulling the plug in a month why bother?

kelly8919 (May. 29, 2013 @ 3:48p) |

If you buy a giftcard do you still get the 1.5% CashBack from fatwallet?

joshhagg (Jun. 29, 2013 @ 9:19a) |

They extended the offer, now it runs thru July 7th.
http://www.walmart.com/cp/Rollbacks-On-Gas/1087144?adid=15000000...
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WalMart has gas stations?

I have seen WalMart gas stations in NC. Currently am in MA, and didn't find any WalMart gas stations around. Actually didn't find that big walmarts even.

qcumber98 said:   WalMart has gas stations?

Yeah, never seen this in Los Angeles, I've seen Sam's gas station which I go there evertime becuase freedom 5% rebate.

WalMart gas locations

http://www.forlocations.com/all-walmartgasstation-locations

Discount also works at Murphy Oil stations as well

I like the Vons discount more, it gives $1 off per gallon if you have enough points which you can gain with 4x points with gc purchases

qcumber98 said:   WalMart has gas stations?

Very common in the Midwest. Just about every WalMart in Kansas and Missouri that i have been to has had one.

I don't know WalMart has gas stations

How do you know this? That is, what can I print out and show to the manager if I don't get my discount? Somewhere WalMart must have publicized this. Not that I doubt you, but on a regular basis I have to argue with managers by showing them a circular or printout from their website. Someone just saying it on Fatwallet isn't going to go very far.

Thanks, OP. I hadn't received an email from them announcing it yet. Found it on the corporate site.

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/04/01/walmart-rings-up-the-savings-with-the-return-of-its-great-gas-rollback

dealqueen said:   Thanks, OP. I hadn't received an email from them announcing it yet. Found it on the corporate site.

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/04/01/walmart-rings-up-the-savings-with-the-return-of-its-great-gas-rollback

i thought it might be a joke, with today's date, til you found the link.

I prefer using a giftcard at the pump, (or prepaying inside) ever since seeing something on tv about ppl having their cc info stolen at some pumps.

thanks, op

WalMart as been doing that for quite awhile.

Cwrkr said:   WalMart as been doing that for quite awhile.
I've seen the 10 cents off for using their gift card for a couple of years too (though didn't notice the 15 cents off for using their debit/credit card)

what's costco's discount?

Kroger does something like this, ongoing, if you use their shopper's (tracking) card.

OTOH, if you don't have that available where you live and/or prefer Wal-Mart...

Is the Sams Club Discover eligible for the 15 cent discount? If so that's pretty hot! Much better deal than buying gas at Sams. I'm in the middle of a road trip and there's a WM gas station right down the street.

It's not in every state and a few states the rollback is less due to state regs.
Locate participating stores here

Is this an April Fool item?

No April Fools and Wally have done this previously. I don't have a Wally credit card (don't want one either) but you can use the prepaid "MoneyCard" and get the discount. Not all Wally have gas stations but some do.

My car repair tech told me to use only Chevron or Shell gas. My fuel filter was dirty because I was using cheap gas such as Kroger, Valero, etc.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Credit-Cards/632402

†Discount offer subject to change without notice. 15˘ per gallon discount available 4/1/2013 through 7/7/2013 with the use of a consumer WalMart® Credit Card or WalMart® Discover® card as payment type. Cannot be combined with any other gas discount. 15˘ per gallon discount applies to the regular street price and cannot be used in conjunction with the Sam's Club® Member discount. For purchases made in Alabama and Florida, the 15˘ discount will appear as a credit on your next statement. 5˘ per gallon discount in Oklahoma or Minnesota. Subject to credit approval. Discover® and the Discover acceptance mark are service marks used by GE Capital Retail Bank under license from Discover Financial Services. ®

Since PenFed is 5% Cash Back on gas and gas is more than $3 a gallon it is still more Cash Back coupled with the GasBuddy website or smartphone app yields a overall lower price unless you have "fuel perks" through a grocer. For me all I have is Winn Dixie for "fuel perks" and at similar Publix prices and can do better buying my groceries elsewhere even in combination of gas discounting perks. YMMV.

SinglePapa said:   what's costco's discount?

After you figure in the $55 membership, not much I think.....

FYI... 5˘ per gallon discount in Oklahoma or Minnesota.
I think that's for Credit card and 3˘ per gallon using Wally GiftCard.

Penfed Platinum Rewards/Cash Rewards card is still the better deal.
$3.27 (current price in Tulsa) * 5% = 16 cents

LORENW said:   WalMart gas locations

http://www.forlocations.com/all-walmartgasstation-locations

Discount also works at Murphy Oil stations as well

For clarification: I went to a Murphy's last Nov-Dec, and it was across the street from WalMart, Rather in in the WalMart parking lot like usual.
They didn't accept Wal-Mart gift cards at all. - No 10 cents off without using gift card. (Winchester, KY)

Be sure it's related to Wal-Mart and call first if you have questions (This is one of the few situations it might be Okay to call)

jimmybgood said:   How do you know this? That is, what can I print out and show to the manager if I don't get my discount? Somewhere WalMart must have publicized this. Not that I doubt you, but on a regular basis I have to argue with managers by showing them a circular or printout from their website. Someone just saying it on Fatwallet isn't going to go very far.

They usually put up a huge banner at the station. Can't miss it.

thanks for sharing OP
though in the past it was 10c off, they reduced it to 3c for the past couple of months
this is great

Hot deal for those not keeen enough to get a card that gives you 5% off at all gas stations.

There is one aspect of this promotion that is somewhat deceptive, at least in Florida. The pumps at WalMart indicate that using a WalMart credit or gift card will get you the cash price foe gasoline. During these promotions, however, when using a WalMart credit card, the gas is being charged at the credit price, $0.05 higher. This is actually, therefore, a $0.10/gallon promotion off the regular pricing structure, not $0.15.

"not valid at gas stations in AL. 5˘ per gallon discount in FL. 3˘ per gallon discount in OK and MN."

Along the East Coast, aren't all WalMart stations actually Murphy's USA? I wouldn't expect any of them NOT honor this pricing. And yes: interesting point about "credit price". So in the states who discount for cash purchases vs. credit, the final price may not vary much between WalMart Credit and WalMart gift

jimmybgood said:   How do you know this? That is, what can I print out and show to the manager if I don't get my discount? Somewhere WalMart must have publicized this. Not that I doubt you, but on a regular basis I have to argue with managers by showing them a circular or printout from their website. Someone just saying it on Fatwallet isn't going to go very far.

It's legit. It's the only time I use WM card. It appears on your statement as a credit. They did this just a few months ago.

saw in news that WalMart is thinking to pull out this gas offer

why?

You should get a new car repair Tech.

won't get it in Alabama
link

r u saying all pumps pump same gas?

i didnt know that WalMart had gas stations.

Skipping 42 Messages...
If you buy a giftcard do you still get the 1.5% CashBack from fatwallet?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014