Walmart gas discount

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
thats great!

I miss having access to cheaper gas prices at the Sam's/Walmarts since I left Maryland. Krogers now lets you add up the $0.10/gallon (up to $2 off per gallon I think) but you have to spend $100 for every $0.10 off and it's one time use only. So, Krogers the savings aren't that great unless you're the Duggars.

WalMart gives me gas.

Verified $0.10 off at MurphyUSA in Fort Wayne, IN
pump was starting to get crowded as the other nearby pump prices started to go up...

fivetalents said:   I miss having access to cheaper gas prices at the Sam's/Walmarts since I left Maryland. Krogers now lets you add up the $0.10/gallon (up to $2 off per gallon I think) but you have to spend $100 for every $0.10 off and it's one time use only. So, Krogers the savings aren't that great unless you're the Duggars.

No Kroger stores here, near the Duggars, they shop at Sams and WalMart.

fivetalents said:   I miss having access to cheaper gas prices at the Sam's/Walmarts since I left Maryland. Krogers now lets you add up the $0.10/gallon (up to $2 off per gallon I think) but you have to spend $100 for every $0.10 off and it's one time use only. So, Krogers the savings aren't that great unless you're the Duggars.

Here in Texas you can get 4x fuel points with other stores gift card purchases at Kroger. I just buy gift cards whenever I need to buy something from Home Depot. Just bought $500 gift card and saved $2 a gallon on 32 gallons or $64. Beats Wal-marts discount, but good to know for when I don't have any points left at Kroger.

sardarji said:   My car repair tech told me to use only Chevron or Shell gas. My fuel filter was dirty because I was using cheap gas such as Kroger, Valero, etc.

Find a new mechanic... The fuel filter is always dirty, that's why it's called a filter, and you should change it regularly with any gas brand. Besides, the gas you are getting is NOT Chevron or Shell, it's the additives you are getting in that gas that make it those brands.

This is welcome news. I just got a $100 WalMart giftcard.

how did u get it?

Melbourne ,Fl only got 5 cents off gal. sucks.

thanks op

Buy WalMart gift card with 2% CC then use the gift card at pump. for gas price $3.27 it is 6.5 + 10 = 16.5 cents, not a whole lot difference though. 5% card will workout better at higher prices if you have one.

tulsastorm said:   Penfed Platinum Rewards/Cash Rewards card is still the better deal.
$3.27 (current price in Tulsa) * 5% = 16 cents

biggersavings said:   fivetalents said:   I miss having access to cheaper gas prices at the Sam's/Walmarts since I left Maryland. Krogers now lets you add up the $0.10/gallon (up to $2 off per gallon I think) but you have to spend $100 for every $0.10 off and it's one time use only. So, Krogers the savings aren't that great unless you're the Duggars.

Here in Texas you can get 4x fuel points with other stores gift card purchases at Kroger. I just buy gift cards whenever I need to buy something from Home Depot. Just bought $500 gift card and saved $2 a gallon on 32 gallons or $64. Beats Wal-marts discount, but good to know for when I don't have any points left at Kroger.


I've been doing all I can to maximize this, but note that my local Kroger says the 4x ends April 2nd. Heads up...

Kariput said:   Is this an April Fool item?
I was cheated on several times today.

Logan71 said:    ...note that my local Kroger says the 4x ends April 2nd. Heads up...

Hmmm. I was not aware of an end date. I'll have to check my local stores. Thanks for the heads up.

To best take advantage of this offer is to double dip by purchaseing the WM gift card at grocery store with your 3% or 5% grocery reward credit card.

jaredb03 said:   qcumber98 said:   WalMart has gas stations?

Very common in the Midwest. Just about every WalMart in Kansas and Missouri that i have been to has had one.


Same for Oklahoma and Texas.

Cwrkr said:   WalMart as been doing that for quite awhile.

no, it dropped down to the usual 3cents off per gallon after Christmastime.
(WalMart gc at murphys)


............
murphy's is supposedly not owned by WalMart, but the only place i ever see one is next to WalMart

We have Murphy gas stations (TN) that always offer a 3 cent per gallon discount for paying with a WalMart GC. They also offer a slightly higher discount for paying with a WalMart CC. These Murphy stations are always situated as part of a WalMart complex. During the last few months of 2011 and 2012 the discount was increased to 10 cents. Swipe the gift card as payment and the pump price would change automatically. There are also Murphy Express gas stations, which are not located adjacent to a WalMart, and historically have not offered the GC discount.

Kroger grocery stores with affiliated gas stations have a similar 3 cent discount, tied to their loyalty/rewards card. They have additional discounts related to store purchases. The gas discount craze has spread further, with Bi-Lo grocery stores tied into the Shell Fuel Rewards Network (based on purchases). MAPCO/Kangaroo/Delta Express minimarts are offering their own rewards card, giving a 3 cent discount as well as specials such as the current one - buy 3 Red Bulls for $5 and get 13 cents per gallon discount up to 20 gallons. One other discount that has appeared is through Kmart pharmacies. Having a prescription filled yields a coupon good for a 10 cent per gallon discount, good for a single gas purchase up to 20 gallons at BP stations. Multiple prescriptionsfilled at the same time multiply the discount - 2 = 20 cents, 3 = 30 cents, etc. Pilot gas stations have a rewards card also, but it does not seem to be a direct discount for current purchases. A local Sunoco station just put up a sign advertising a reward program. BP- and Shell-branded credit cards offer a discount on gas purchases. Discovercard sometimes has a 5% CashBack promo, good at any gas station.

Too many options and choices. Gasoline marketing has come a long way from the days when they offered a free drinking glass with each fillup.

iowahawkeye said:   Cwrkr said:   WalMart as been doing that for quite awhile.

no, it dropped down to the usual 3cents off per gallon after Christmastime.
(WalMart gc at murphys)


............
murphy's is supposedly not owned by WalMart, but the only place i ever see one is next to WalMart


We have Murphy at Walmarts and also stand alone ones as well. Murphy is always easier to get into and less crowded.

At least 3/4 of the Walmarts in Central and South Florida have a Murphy USA gas station associated with it. However, they all do not participate in the standard 3 cent GC/5 cent CC discount, and of course if they don't do the 3/5 they aren't doing the 10/15 cent discounts either. I have 2 wally's with murphy's within 8 miles of me (Sebring and Avon Park) and neither participate. Sucks big time! I always go to them because they are 99% of the time the least expensive (the Hess across the street usually matches them or +1/2 cents).

Logan71 said:   biggersavings said:   fivetalents said:   I miss having access to cheaper gas prices at the Sam's/Walmarts since I left Maryland. Krogers now lets you add up the $0.10/gallon (up to $2 off per gallon I think) but you have to spend $100 for every $0.10 off and it's one time use only. So, Krogers the savings aren't that great unless you're the Duggars.

Here in Texas you can get 4x fuel points with other stores gift card purchases at Kroger. I just buy gift cards whenever I need to buy something from Home Depot. Just bought $500 gift card and saved $2 a gallon on 32 gallons or $64. Beats Wal-marts discount, but good to know for when I don't have any points left at Kroger.


I've been doing all I can to maximize this, but note that my local Kroger says the 4x ends April 2nd. Heads up...



My TN Krogers gave 4x gas points on gift cards at Christmas time. But since then I've only seen 2x.

learn something new every day. WM has gas stations, wow!

There is no change in price at the pump when using Sams Club Discover. This was at a station that advertises the discounts. Guy that works there says it will show up as a rebate on my statement, I plan to call Discover to make sure that's the case. I don't want to fill my tank 6 times before I figure out there is no discount with my card.

FYI:

Using AMEX card at Costco for gas purchases, you get 3% off year round ($4000 per year cap). That translates to around 10 to 11 cents per gallon, in addition to cheap gas. If you have executive membership, you get additional 2% from Costco.

ComeOnNow said:   FYI:

Using AMEX card at Costco for gas purchases, you get 3% off year round ($4000 per year cap). That translates to around 10 to 11 cents per gallon, in addition to cheap gas. If you have executive membership, you get additional 2% from Costco.

The 2% executive bonus is not earned on gas purchases:
PDF of benefits
See p. 12

yoregano said:   ComeOnNow said:   FYI:

Using AMEX card at Costco for gas purchases, you get 3% off year round ($4000 per year cap). That translates to around 10 to 11 cents per gallon, in addition to cheap gas. If you have executive membership, you get additional 2% from Costco.

The 2% executive bonus is not earned on gas purchases:
PDF of benefits
See p. 12


You are correct. 3% is the max one can get with non-business membership.

If you live near a Kroger they always offer 3 cents off with a store card and 10 cents off once you spend $100 in the store. Double points for filling prescriptions. They also tend to beat our Wal Mart at least by about 2 cents a gallon. But 15 cents off is a good deal I must admit.

there is no 15cent deal unless you already have WalMart credit. Applying for new credit is better done elsewhere - to get $500 bonus or so

Thanks for the heads up OP got the discount in Fayetteville, AR. They've done the same thing around xmas the past few years.

I called Sams Discover today and you do NOT get a 15 cent rebate when using this card at WalMart gas stations. Too bad for me, hot deal for some.

SinglePapa said:   r u saying all pumps pump same gas?

You're kidding, right? The gasoline delivered to all gas stations come from the same pipelines. (Chevron doesn't buy gasoline only from Chevon refineries; Exxon doesn't buy gasoline only from Exxon refineries, etc. The gasoline is pumped into a common pipeline network and sold to various gas stations.) The only difference in gasoline you buy at the pump is the octane number and the additives that companies will put in. Not all additives are necessarily worth a price increase.

so which additives ARE?

LORENW said:   WalMart gas locations

http://www.forlocations.com/all-walmartgasstation-locations

Discount also works at Murphy Oil stations as well


My local WalMart gas station is listed, but it does not offer any discount for using WalMart gift, credit or debit cards. You can't even ask if they offer the discount, because the station is card lock only with no attendants.

I almost always get gas from the WalMart gas stations in our area. If I don't have one close to me, then I use Kroger's. I almost always have Kroger points towards gas.

They extended the offer, now it is 10 cents off per gallon with Giftcard
thru July 7th.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Rollbacks-On-Gas/1087144?adid=15000000...

It's good to go here. Filled up yesterday here in NC. $.10 off/gal. Did same promo holidays 2012.

LCH59 said:   SinglePapa said:   r u saying all pumps pump same gas?

You're kidding, right? The gasoline delivered to all gas stations come from the same pipelines. (Chevron doesn't buy gasoline only from Chevon refineries; Exxon doesn't buy gasoline only from Exxon refineries, etc. The gasoline is pumped into a common pipeline network and sold to various gas stations.) The only difference in gasoline you buy at the pump is the octane number and the additives that companies will put in. Not all additives are necessarily worth a price increase.


If different gas stations have gas with different things in it, then it's not the "same gas." If I buy a gallon of white milk and a gallon of chocolate milk that has HFCS in it, are they the same milk? Do you put chocolate milk in your cereal? It came from the same cow as the white milk, so it must be the same exact thing right?
Older gas stations = older tanks = more dirt in them = clogged fuel injectors.
Also some don't have Ethanol in it. Here's a list of them: http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

http://www.cargather.com/engineering/technical-00952.html

sardarji said:   My car repair tech told me to use only Chevron or Shell gas. My fuel filter was dirty because I was using cheap gas such as Kroger, Valero, etc.

This was true, 50 years ago. Gas is gas today....except for the Z1-Nitro+Super Duper Additive A Plus!!

great answer! but also, which additives are worth $ and why?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014