• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Cheapest I have seen for this resolution.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME ONE YOU CAN BUY FOR LESS THAN $70 This has a built in DVR (with an optional SD card in the slot)
(Compare old hot deals)
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?query=foscam&...

If you need distance, resolution is important for face recognition or reading license plates. For installations where the subject is close, the less expensive Focam cameras with 640 x 480 res is fine.

Sold by 1SaleADay - an authorized Foscam reseller, so you get the phone tech support and US warranty

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0MC0NT6088

Condition: New
Packaging: Retail
Manufacturer: Foscam
Model: FI9821W

THIS IS THE NEWEST MODEL
The Foscam FI9821W Black Wireless IP Camera is Foscam's latest HD 720p Megapixel IP camera. The FI9821W is the first camera to sport Foscam's NEW web interface, allowing for all features to be compatible with every standard browser, including Chrome, Firefox, and even Apple's Safari.

The FI9821W adopts a high performance media processor and high speed video protocol processor making it capable of H.264 video compression for extremely smooth video transmission, increased FPS and minimal bandwidth consumption. In addition, due to the small file sizes produced by H.264 video compression it has the ability to save tremendous hard drive space when doing video recording. Furthermore, the FI9821W also features a built-in DVR via on-board SD Card slot for direct recording on the camera itself up to 32GB. It is smartphone compatible (iPhone, Android - app is required) as well as viewable over the internet network using the standard browsers on a PC or Mac (Safari only).

Features Include:

High definition image & video quality (Display resolution: 1280 x 720 Pixels)
H.264 video compression for smoother video, smaller file sizes
Integrated SD card slot for internal storage
The IR lights can be turned off manually from the software
Audio quality is improved, there will be no noise when speaking into the camera.
WPA2 Encryption Supported
Added an audio input jack which can be used with an external microphone
Relocated the network light to the back of the camera. Add a power indicator lamp
Allows for remote viewing & recording over LAN or the internet through PC and mobile devices (including Iphone)
Simple to setup with a friendly graphical interface
Two-way audio monitoring
Allows remote Pan/Tilt control (Pan:300deg& Tilt:120deg)
Night vision (up to 8 meters) via auto IR-LED illumination
Infrared Motion Detection (with email notification and image upload via FTP)
Multi-user access with password protection
Supports the IE browser, Firefox as well as most other standard browsers including the standard Safari browser on the Iphone
Wi-Fi compliant with wireless standards IEEE 802.11b/g/n networks. Wired connection is also included
Supports both WEP & WPA Encryption
Supports Dynamic IP Addresses such as through dyndns.org
Has multi-level user management system with password protection
Microsoft Windows 2000 or later, Mac OSX, Linux
Color: Black or White
Package Includes:
Foscam Wireless IP Camera, Wifi Antenna, User Manual, Installation CD, Mounting Bracket, Network Cable, DC Power Supply 5v

Member Summary

Foscam FI9821W
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Foscam does not provide Mfr warranty unless you buy directly buy from them. Link

So, be careful when you buy from Newegg (or any other retailer) who has a limited return window.

I have 3 Foscam cameras. They are GREAT. But, this is not a deal. You can find them cheaper at other places. dtatha is correct about the warranty. So, be careful.

Buy from their authorized the dealers and you should be ok.
Read fine print on top of page.

http://foscam.us/where-to-buy.html

I had a dropcam and wanted to augment it with this camera...setup seemed a pain compared to the dropcam so I returned it.

KyTom said:   I have 3 Foscam cameras. They are GREAT. But, this is not a deal. You can find them cheaper at other places. dtatha is correct about the warranty. So, be careful.

Please find me this model cheaper as I have been looking for a while and can only find the cheaper low resolution ones for less. Not sure if you understand the difference between the $62 dollar one I bought last year as a hot deal here and this one.

Cheapest I have seen is $139.99

(Compare old hot deals)
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?query=foscam&...

TheBigDog said:   Buy from their authorized the dealers and you should be ok.
Read fine print on top of page.

http://foscam.us/where-to-buy.html

If you read that page, you will see 1SaleADay (the seller in this deal) is authorized.

Not sure what all these posters are talking about, unless they are thinking of the older models. The guy who sent it back is fair enough.

The Foscam FI9821W Wireless IP Camera is Foscam's latest HD 720p Megapixel IP camera. The FI9821W improves on the FI9820W in the following respects:

Improved low light & night vision performance
Wider viewing angle by 20 (even wider than FI8910W)
Updated web interface with all features and options included in the FI8910W
Enhanced MAC as well as Safari/Chrome/Firefox compatibility
Multidevice viewing compatible with FI8910W and all other Foscam MJPEG cameras
Free bounded DDNS service via MyFoscam.org
Improved audio and reduced static on microphone

fud2 said:   I had a dropcam and wanted to augment it with this camera...setup seemed a pain compared to the dropcam so I returned it.

I actually have this camera. It was easy to set up. Hook up the wire, use the provided app to find the camera and set up the IP address etc. Once you can get into the web interface you can change the rest of the IP addresses. No different than setting up my Panasonic wireless cameras.

>> Infrared Motion Detection (with email notification and image upload via FTP)

Has anyone actually turned this feature into a text message alert in addition to email?
For example, via If This Then That ?

FYI -
Over Christmas my dropcam iOS and Android app notified me of movement in my house at 11:30pm local time, 6:30am where I was 5,000+ miles away. The picture showed police officers with flashlights walking through my house. The local PD would give no info over the phone, and by the time a neighbor made it there they were gone. My security company told me the front door sensor went off.

Without the dropcam alert, I never would have realized they had been there. They didn't leave a business card .

Anyway, I'd like to add more cameras, but I'd also like to eliminate the monthly fee. But to make it as useful:
- I'd want a page not an email.
- I'd want video immediately uploaded to a remote location. A local SD card could just be stolen.

FTP can save alerts to the internet, or another PC so you would need a place to upload to. It is very inexpensive (if not free) to get a website, or other space to use. A PC in a relatives house could be made to work for example.

I have not seen the built in software in the new camera, but I would imagine it would be easy to do. Software that can be purchased for cameras offer more configurations. With the one time purchase of software like Blue Iris you could do many things including controlling all the cameras in one user interface.

If you are the cameras to cover interior spaces, you probably would be better off getting a lower resolution camera (640 x 480) since the subjects will probably be close to the cameras. You can find the foscam models for less than $70 when on sale and of course other brands. Spending money on software (PC or MAC have different options) would be the best way to spend money and do what you want well. There are many choices. I chose blueiris since I use a PC, but there are plenty of others to use if you prefer.

The new foscam firmware comes with ddns built in that you can turn on. From there you can remotely see the cameras right away as well as looking in the buffer in the SD card.

If you want to use IFTTT, then you can use this recipe. Change it to the email address that your camera is sending email from.
https://ifttt.com/recipes/61513

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014