• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AK

Saiga

Underfold Yugo

Props to Classic Firearms for not being a bunch of price gouging dbags. Beware the safety on the Yugo, info in the reviews and fix.

Member Summary

Romanian AK-47 (89.22kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP!

tombrooks (Apr. 08, 2013 @ 6:33p) |

Thanks op, picked up the ak....now to find ammo

ndflyer (Apr. 08, 2013 @ 7:54p) |

If your handy you can cut them down shoertening the bottom but I'd do it on a $10 Tapco mag.JMHO

flylo (Apr. 08, 2013 @ 8:18p) |

• Also categorized in:

Wow, 10 years ago they were going in the $250 range. Should have invested in guns instead of stocks.

yakky said:   Wow, 10 years ago they were going in the $250 range. Should have invested in guns instead of stocks.
Many surplus firearms have appreciated tremendously over the last decade. Soviet SKS used to be sold for under $100 and today they fetch an easy $500. Guns can be a lucrative investment as long as you know what you're doing.

Assault weapon bans help inflate prices too.

yakky said:   Wow, 10 years ago they were going in the $250 range. Should have invested in guns instead of stocks.

10 years ago gold was $252 an oz.

netsurf12 said:   yakky said:   Wow, 10 years ago they were going in the $250 range. Should have invested in guns instead of stocks.

10 years ago gold was $252 an oz.

40 years ago i was paying .99 cents for HOTWHEELS, today they are still .99 cents

10 years ago the average price of a gallon of premium gasoline was $1.29.

USDOT

m362w said:   10 years ago the average price of a gallon of premium gasoline was $1.29.

USDOT

Ugh... For some reason, that one makes me feel old!

I remember when dimebags used to cost a dime.

that shotgun is beckoning me

Quick side note- It's mentioned that the AK has a CHROME-LINED BARREL and was assembled in the Cugir factory, which means the monkeys at Century Arms didn't assemble this one. That is a BIG deal, since there has been a barrel import ban since 2004/5 (most US barrels SUCK and are NOT chrome-lined).

However, Century Arms DOES import these as low-cap 10 round capacity and opens the mag wells up (note from the pics that there are no "dimples" in the receiver). Most will usually have "mag wobble" with steel surplus magazines (YMMV) but should function OK. I recommend using Tapco mags with it should you choose to purchase this.

Regardless, it's a good price in this market.

UPdownLoAD said:   Quick side note- It's mentioned that the AK has a CHROME-LINED BARREL

Chrome barrel for $129 if looking for upgrades to other AKs.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but no ban gonna get passed - government just wants to increase overall consumer demand and put fears around about the ban. People get scared, spend money on guns/ammo what is mostly domestically produced - economy is growing. I heard about and have a link to prove that there are a lot of job recently created in Firearms Industry. It pays 17$/hour + and in locations where cost of living is not that high. For current economy this is the great help overall.

WOW, found some AR mags on the same website..

Green OP

Didn't buy those but found this IMHO Yugo are the best & I wanted an underfolder. Thanks & GREEN 4 U.

Would you please share that link? Thanks!

Is the receiver stamped?

unnamedone said:   Is the receiver stamped?

Stamped. The YUGO is a reinforced stamped.

Stas1976 said:   Call me a conspiracy theorist but no ban gonna get passed - government just wants to increase overall consumer demand and put fears around about the ban. People get scared, spend money on guns/ammo what is mostly domestically produced - economy is growing. I heard about and have a link to prove that there are a lot of job recently created in Firearms Industry. It pays 17$/hour + and in locations where cost of living is not that high. For current economy this is the great help overall.

Some retail merchants have had temporary increases in staffing, mostly those who ship a lot of goods like Buds etc. The industry as a whole has gone through numerous panic booms and has not nor will make dramatic increases to supply. The only exception is ammo with a mix of domestic and overseas production.

Again, can you please share the link as I don't believe this was the reason, Thanks!
Stas1976 said:   Call me a conspiracy theorist but no ban gonna get passed - government just wants to increase overall consumer demand and put fears around about the ban. People get scared, spend money on guns/ammo what is mostly domestically produced - economy is growing. I heard about and have a link to prove that there are a lot of job recently created in Firearms Industry. It pays 17$/hour + and in locations where cost of living is not that high. For current economy this is the great help overall.

flylo said:   Again, can you please share the link as I don't believe this was the reason, Thanks!

Guns and ammo sales spark jobs boom

can u use AK for hunting?

bulletban said:   can u use AK for hunting?
Absolutely! Great deer gun.

Restrictions vary by state. Its a large caliber so will be legal for most hunting your bigger concern will be if its legal to hunt with high cap mags.

forwarded to friend. thanks OP

CptSavAHo said:   bulletban said:   can u use AK for hunting?

Restrictions vary by state. Its a large caliber so will be legal for most hunting your bigger concern will be if its legal to hunt with high cap mags.

Here in PA, semi-auto is not permitted for hunting deer, and you are limited to three rounds in the gun.

Hunting inside the home? .....of course

smokediverxxx said:   WOW, found some AR mags on the same website..

Green OP

You don't have PMAG's available where you live? They're everywhere here in Seattle/Tacoma area.

smokediverxxx said:   bulletban said:   can u use AK for hunting?

Hunting inside the home? .....of course

According to Democrats, AK and AR15s are used for hunting people. Obviously they have NO CLUE what they are talking about. lolz Yes, 5 round mag in our state but you can.

I paid about this price for my Arsenol Milled Receiver a year or two ago. My brother paid 600 for his Milled 10 yrs ago. I don't think i'd pay this much for a stamped though.

bulletban said:   can u use AK for hunting?Excellent rifle for hunting wild boar, like the ones destroying crops and killing livestock in many states. Other wild game can be hunted with an AK too, but for wild boar, the AK with a hi-cap mag makes for an awesome rifle to rid your land of some wild boar.

Stas1976 said:   flylo said:   Again, can you please share the link as I don't believe this was the reason, Thanks!

Guns and ammo sales spark jobs boom

AzianFleeMarket said:   yakky said:   Wow, 10 years ago they were going in the $250 range. Should have invested in guns instead of stocks.
I paid about this price for my Arsenol Milled Receiver a year or two ago. My brother paid 600 for his Milled 10 yrs ago. I don't think i'd pay this much for a stamped though.

The Yugo has reinforced trunion on the stamped...about as good as milled. Will deff outlive the current owner.

It depends on who you ask.

Me, I have killed many deer with an Hungarian AK. the 7.62X39 round has ballistics very similar to a .30-.30, which is what I hunted deer with for many years. I never once had anybody even mention my choice in weapons carrying a Winchester .30-30 that I inherited from my grandfather, I got lots of strange looks after I started using the AK.

Ballistics being so similar it made perfect sense for me to switch to the AK, my Winchester was a family heirloom, and hunting in the dense underbrush here in this part of GA takes a toll on a gun, scratches on the stock and metal and exposure to lots of moisture aren't good for the gun. I haven't hunted in a few years so they may have changed the law back, but for several years GA didn't have a magazine requirement for hunting deer, years ago they didn't allow magazines that held more than five rounds, but even if that were the case there are plenty of three and five round magazines available for these rifles (at least there were back when I was hunting).

There are certainly hunting magazines out there, in 3 and 5 round capacity for the 7.62x39 AK. If you're willing to be patient, you won't pay the normal premium price and can get them very inexpensively.

Got the Yugo & it's more than I expected, What quality, has a bolt hold open mag, grenade launcher & sights. This is it I don't Yugo exist anymore & if they do the arsenal is in Serbia I believe. This was on old cache. The stock even opens & closes with a 30 installed. These are the real deal sold by good folks! Thanks again!

Thanks OP!

Thanks op, picked up the ak....now to find ammo

If your handy you can cut them down shoertening the bottom but I'd do it on a $10 Tapco mag.JMHO

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014