• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free two months of SiriusXM radio subscription for your automobile. No credit card required. Just remember to cancel at the end of the two months.

LINK

Fine Print
"*This is a free, no-obligation trial. No credit card or other payment information is required to take advantage of this offer, only your personal information is needed to set-up an account. If you decide to continue at the end of your trial subscription, service will continue until you call us at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Our satellite service is available only to those at least 18 and older in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Our Sirius satellite service is also available in PR (with coverage limitations)."

Member Summary

SiriusXM
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
There's a free XM preview running now thru December 2nd.

http://www.siriusxm.com/listen8

billrubin (Nov. 27, 2013 @ 10:57a) |

Still working. Good through 4/20/14. Thanks OP!

Bought my truck new last summer and it had factory stereo. Never set... (more)

grumble69 (Feb. 20, 2014 @ 9:34a) |

Just did it in both my Hyundais. Woot woot!

akiri423 (Feb. 20, 2014 @ 10:15a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Getting: This radio is not eligible for the complimentary trial.

sadly my car's radio is not eligible.

Good luck canceling they will continue to charge you even after you cancel and you will have to fight with them for months to get your money back. This company has screwed me over twice and I will not let them screw me for a third time. Free is never free with this company, stay far away from this company.

QSpecial said:   Good luck canceling they will continue to charge you even after you cancel and you will have to fight with them for months to get your money back. This company has screwed me over twice and I will not let them screw me for a third time. Free is never free with this company, stay far away from this company.

It says
No credit card or other payment information is required to take advantage of this offer

How can they bill you?

QSpecial said:   Good luck canceling they will continue to charge you even after you cancel and you will have to fight with them for months to get your money back. This company has screwed me over twice and I will not let them screw me for a third time. Free is never free with this company, stay far away from this company.

$2 fee for invoice billing.. best $2 you will ever spend.

Virtual credit card numbers with expiration and $ limits ftw

Anyone know if this can be used to extend an existing sub?

thanks! I was able to get in...easy process. created an account and signed up, no credit card required for me. I like Sirius but I think even 25$ for 6 months is too much when the radio is free.

GlassVial said:   Virtual credit card numbers with expiration and $ limits ftw

Anyone know if this can be used to extend an existing sub?

They will deal, call them, threaten to quit and see what happens.

Worked great. Active and no cc required.

WHAT, THIS HAS TO BE ONE BUILT INTO THE CAR?

Don't give them a credit card, I never do. I make them send an invoice and I write a check.

Make sure you give them your real phone number, they will call at least 50 times when the trail is nearing the end, you wouldn't want to miss a full price offer....

dougpaw57 said:   QSpecial said:   Good luck canceling they will continue to charge you even after you cancel and you will have to fight with them for months to get your money back. This company has screwed me over twice and I will not let them screw me for a third time. Free is never free with this company, stay far away from this company.

Don't give them a credit card, I never do. I make them send an invoice and I write a check.

Do you think they cannot auto do a check?

thanks OP in for 2 months.. You can usually negotiate a $77 one year contract after the two month trial..

yesidonoitall said:   WHAT, THIS HAS TO BE ONE BUILT INTO THE CAR?

Why are you yelling?

Hopefully I can renew at the $25/5month offer rate. Otherwise, it'll be back to cell phone radio for me. Green for OP.

Oh, and it was valid on my Pontiac G6, so looks like offer is good for GM vehicles.

Does anyone know when this offer expires? I do not take my vehicle out of the garage for another month or so.

It did not work for my wife's Hyundai based on entering the VIN (I previously had paid service on that car but do not currently), I will have to try entering the radio ID later (the radio had been replaced under warranty so the XM id is not the same as it originally was). However, it DID work for my son's Hyundai, which is nearing the end of a 3 month trial. I did not activate it yet since I think the 3 month trial may still be working.

So it works with at least some Hyundai's as well.

yesidonoitall said:   Do you think they cannot auto do a check?If they have permission. But it's not clear that paying by check gives them that right. When you pay by credit card, they set up automatic renewal. However, you can get them to turn that off and remove the credit card from your account after the payment is processed.

yesidonoitall said:   QSpecial said:   Good luck canceling they will continue to charge you even after you cancel and you will have to fight with them for months to get your money back. This company has screwed me over twice and I will not let them screw me for a third time. Free is never free with this company, stay far away from this company.

It says
No credit card or other payment information is required to take advantage of this offer

How can they bill you?

The old fashion way....they send you a bill!
Oh, and if you don't pay, it's off to a collection agency for your account.

If you want to continue after the trial, this is not a bad deal, but if your plan is to use it for two months then quit, do yourself a favor and walk away.

The op needs to state in the heading
for cars with factory xm radio

I tried to do with a non built in the car unit, no deal for those.

MrSnappy said:   yesidonoitall said:   How can they bill you?
The old fashion way....they send you a bill!
Oh, and if you don't pay, it's off to a collection agency for your account.

If you want to continue after the trial, this is not a bad deal, but if your plan is to use it for two months then quit, do yourself a favor and walk away.
I don't see how that is possible when the only package you have signed up for is "Complimentary 2-Month Trial - XM Select". I doubt it will be any different than the 3 month trial you get with a new car. It will just stop working.

BTW I was able to get both of my radios activated. My son's 3 month trial had just run out. The other car (which had its radio replaced by Hyundai) shows a VIN different than my car's, but obviously all that matters is the radio ID. The only problem I had was using an existing XM account, even the one they were currently assigned to. I had to create a new one for each radio.

Well....you either have an existing account or you have to open a new one. Either way you have to give them your service address, phone # AND billing address (if different) which is enough info for me to say...screw it! I hardly listened to XM when I did have the 3 month trial.

Vetterin said:   Well....you either have an existing account or you have to open a new one. Either way you have to give them your service address, phone # AND billing address (if different) which is enough info for me to say...screw it! I hardly listened to XM when I did have the 3 month trial.

I mainly only listen to Howard Stern.

Nice. Signed my car up. No CC# given.

yesidonoitall said:   Vetterin said:   Well....you either have an existing account or you have to open a new one. Either way you have to give them your service address, phone # AND billing address (if different) which is enough info for me to say...screw it! I hardly listened to XM when I did have the 3 month trial.

I mainly only listen to Howard Stern.

Good choice....unfortunately Howard did not come with the trial subscription.

Per their wesbite:

Does my trial subscription automatically renew?

No. Your trial is just a trial it's yours to enjoy for the duration. No commitment, no obligation. Of course, we hope you'll love it so much you sign up to keep enjoying all our great programming. But again, there are no strings attached.

Not two months free, but - I called one day before my subscription expired (1-866-635-5020)and told them I didn't get a tax refund so I can't afford the service. I got a "special" one year subscription for 96.49 total including taxes, royalties, etc.

bmcpirate said:   Not two months free, but - I called one day before my subscription expired (1-866-635-5020)and told them I didn't get a tax refund so I can't afford the service. I got a "special" one year subscription for 96.49 total including taxes, royalties, etc.Is that the standard $77 special + fees and taxes? Personally, I prefer the $25 for 6 months deal, but you have to call twice as often to get it.

I'm currently using this 2 months promotion. TY OP. I had cancelled the service about 6 months ago, when they wanted to bill me $25 per a quarter. I recently received a yellow letter giving me a special deal to get me back: $25 for 6 months. So, yeah, if you can't get a better deal over the phone, just cancel and wait for their special promos or some Fatwaller to share a code

mikejensen said:   I'm currently using this 2 months promotion. TY OP. I had cancelled the service about 6 months ago, when they wanted to bill me $25 per a quarter. I recently received a yellow letter giving me a special deal to get me back: $25 for 6 months. So, yeah, if you can't get a better deal over the phone, just cancel and wait for their special promos or some Fatwaller to share a code

Just wait?
How do I cope with no Howard?

I just called 866-635-2349 and renewed with 3 months for the price of 1 (at full price of course) at a cost of $15.75 including taxes and fees.
I'll just have to mark the calendar again, but $5.25/ month still feels OK to me.

mcohenastic said:   I just called 866-635-2349 and renewed with 3 months for the price of 1 (at full price of course) at a cost of $15.75 including taxes and fees.
I'll just have to mark the calendar again, but $5.25/ month still feels OK to me.

They are desperate for customers.
I keep getting in the US mail offers to resurrect at a very good price receivers I have had in the past.....
They quote the receiver id number they are referring to, but surely I could do a new one also....

Radio Shack has had almost weekly the 1/2 price Onyx model.... $79.xx to $39.xx

Thanks OP, just got a new truck with XM and this helped

They'll send you to collections if you don't call and cancel. You'll keep getting billed and charges will rack up like there is no tomorrow. Google xm and collections for some fun reading.

yakky said:   They'll send you to collections if you don't call and cancel. You'll keep getting billed and charges will rack up like there is no tomorrow. Google xm and collections for some fun reading.Wrong. This 2 month trial is as advertised. If you don't do anything, it just stops working. Had it on two of my car radios and no bills received.

So If my 3 months trial on new car ends aug10, I wait until after aug10, and then follow the link above to get two more months free ? In other words can you get both the 3 month and the 2 month trial with the same vehicle/radio ?

booksleuth said:   So If my 3 months trial on new car ends aug10, I wait until after aug10, and then follow the link above to get two more months free ? In other words can you get both the 3 month and the 2 month trial with the same vehicle/radio ?I'm not sure of the timing and how long after the 3 month trial you have to wait, but you can certainly get the 2 months on a radio that previously had the 3 month trial.

Skipping 15 Messages...
Just did it in both my Hyundais. Woot woot!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014