• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Mohu Leaf product image
Disclaimer
Amazon has the Mohu Leaf antenna for $37.24. Regular price is $49.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QK7HI8/

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

mohu
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This antenna is trash. I am not sure what kind of shenanigans are going on to push its Amazon review rating up. Do yourself a favor and filter to read some of the 1-star reviews. Those summarize my experience with this antenna.

looks like 5 star to 1 star rating is 9:1

from another antenna thread, some people had positive comments on the "make your own fractal design"...

"HDTV antenna" is one of the biggest advertising lies out there. ANY and EVERY TV antenna (or even a wire hangar!) will pick up HDTV signals. Don't fall for that ad talk!

SamsClub selling this for $27+tax

venkee said:   SamsClub selling this for $27+tax

Even leaf was selling it for $27 last October. Don't know why it is so high now.

bugsie said:   ANY and EVERY TV antenna (or even a wire hangar!) will pick up HDTV signals. Don't fall for that ad talk!My area only broadcasts OTA HDTV via UHF, so a VHF will not be useful.

psxzombie said:   bugsie said:   ANY and EVERY TV antenna (or even a wire hangar!) will pick up HDTV signals. Don't fall for that ad talk!My area only broadcasts OTA HDTV via UHF, so a VHF will not be useful.

http://uhfhdtvantenna.blogspot.com/

I saw all the reviews and ordered 2 last year. I dont know if its my apt complex, but I have trouble picking up HD signals for some of the channels. Moving it < 2" in a direction can mean the difference between clarity and not getting any signal at all. Finicky as hell to get all the channels clearly. Someone walking by 2 rooms away will disrupt the signal.

Short of making it, can someone please recommend a good HDTV antenna? I need to buy one for a present. TY!

I don't think any indoor antenna works very well any more. The new digital signal seems weaker and unless you live very close to all the towers you want to get reception from, you will not have good results. At this point, you are much better off either using an outdoor antenna or subbing.

Build your own using aluminum foil. Google fractal antenna.

Captainboy said:   I don't think any indoor antenna works very well any more. The new digital signal seems weaker and unless you live very close to all the towers you want to get reception from, you will not have good results. At this point, you are much better off either using an outdoor antenna or subbing.

Thank you!

king0fSpades said:   Build your own using aluminum foil. Google fractal antenna.

Thank you!

I purchased a db8 from Amazon a couple weeks ago, bolted it to a cinder block and threw it up on the roof and got about 50 channels in two markets. LOVE IT!!!!

Highly recommend it!

Tried one of these flat antennas prior and got like three channels.... threw that in the trash.

ascensions said:   I purchased a db8 from Amazon a couple weeks ago, bolted it to a cinder block and threw it up on the roof and got about 50 channels in two markets. LOVE IT!!!!



Did you give any thought as to how you positioned it on the roof or does that really even matter?

RedSombrero said:   ascensions said:   I purchased a db8 from Amazon a couple weeks ago, bolted it to a cinder block and threw it up on the roof and got about 50 channels in two markets. LOVE IT!!!!



Did you give any thought as to how you positioned it on the roof or does that really even matter?


Use TVFool or AntennaWeb to figure out optimal antenna orientation and channels you can expect to receive



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.