• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Yamaha RX-673 Front Panel
Disclaimer
Awesome 7.2 AV receiver with plenty of bells and whistles. I personally own the 671 (same product but a generation behind) and I can attest to how awesome these receivers are.

Get it here.

Features Include

• 7-channel powerful surround sound (90W per channel)
  • Discrete amp configuration and Pure Direct
  • Network functions such as AirPlay and AV Controller App
  • 4K pass-through and upscaling for next-generation high resolution images
  • High quality video processing with precise deinterlacing
  • Front panel USB digital connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad
  • HDMI (six inputs - with one on front - and one output) with 3D and Audio Return Channel
  • YPAO Reflected Sound Control (R.S.C.) sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
  • Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for natural dialogue and vocals
  • Newly designed preset remote unit
  • Versatile zone control such as Zone 2 on/off and control on front panel
  • Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art
  • HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras
  • ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption

Lowest price I have seen on the RX-V673 and camelcamelcamel.com confirms this.

Please note that Yamaha is clearing out their xx3 series receivers in favor of the recently released xx5 series which, from what I can tell, only adds MHL support. Prices *MAY* go lower on the 673 but I donít see them dropping much more. The 671 during close-out dropped to $300 briefly on Amazon but otherwise hovered around $360 on clearance.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Yamaha RX-V673
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Same at Newegg with promo code, but will expire tiday
+ $200 off w/ promo code EMCXTVM222, ends 4/3

I don't like the color of the remote. Just kidding.

Bagofchips said:   I don't like the color of the remote. Just kidding.

Actually you have a point there, I'm not a big fan of the two-tone enhanced remote either.

The good news? Mine sit's collecting a lot of dust in my remote basket. With the network capability, I control almost all of the functionality of the AVR via smart phone/tablet. There is even a nifty widget for android devices that allows you to control the most important functionality right from your home screen. Take that iPhone!

BigWhy said:   Same at Newegg with promo code, but will expire tiday
+ $200 off w/ promo code EMCXTVM222, ends 4/3

Looks like another price match between Newegg and Amazon. If that is the case the price on the receiver is sure to jump after today.

Bagofchips said:   I don't like the color of the remote. Just kidding.
No back light on remote makes it a PITA to use. Need a light to see what you are pushing. What were they thinking? Oh wait I know. They saved a few dimes on each one.

Down to $357.xx.

It's not selling even at the reduced price. Great reviews though, makes you wonder...

Anyone know if this receiver is bright/warm?

My speaker setup are the old Athena Audition series (F2, B2,C1) which are quite bright.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014