• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1.23lbs
•Capacitive 10.1" TFT IPS LED-Backlit Display (Corning Gorilla Glass)
•1280 x 800 Native Resolution
•Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS (Free upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) available)
•1.4GHz nVIDIA Tegra 3 T30S Quad-Core CPU
•1GB of Onboard LPDDR2 RAM
•32GB of eMMC Flash Storage
•Micro-USB 2.0 Port, MicroSD Card Slot
•802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+EDR
•2MP Front Camera, 8MP Rear Camera
•Built-in Stereo Speakers & Digital Mic

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834680454

Detailed specs: http://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publications/public/ds-STYLI...

Member Summary

Fujitsu M532 NVIDIA Tegra 3 T30S Quad-Core 10.1in Tablet ICS 4.0
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have one of these; bought it from Newegg. It's a very nice machine. Fast, responsive, screen looks good. Some stuff to beware of. Lots of reviews of this unit list a lot of included software. This software is not included in the USA version. Newegg has the wrong product manual posted on their site.

Second, there is no update from Android 4.0. Customer service gives you the standard "There is no update. There is no projected date for release. Someone is working on it", which sounds a lot like "you'll get it when hell feezes over". In a few months Android Key Lime Pie will be out and this tablet may be three releases behind.

Even stranger, they have updates for the UK, France, Middle East, Africa; updates that will not work for the USA model. So, nice tablet, but support may be a major issue.

Hey dogmeat,

Thanks for the info. The spec on the Fujitsu website is misleading by indicatinmg that ICS 4.1 is available. They should have made a note that it's not the case for the USA version.

Anyway, is it true that ICS 4.0/4.1 does not support Adobe flash? If so, then how do people with ICS tablets view Youtube, Vimeo, Hulu and hundreds of other flash sites?

One work around seems to be downloading flash, then using "Dolphin" browser. I've had some issues with flash video, even with 4.0. Youtube works, but with Amazon video the sound is out of sync. Android needs to figure something out because there are so many video delivery sites that use flash, not having flash work with a content delivery platform like a tablet is a dead end.

david5182 said:   Hey dogmeat,

Thanks for the info. The spec on the Fujitsu website is misleading by indicatinmg that ICS 4.1 is available. They should have made a note that it's not the case for the USA version.

Anyway, is it true that ICS 4.0/4.1 does not support Adobe flash? If so, then how do people with ICS tablets view Youtube, Vimeo, Hulu and hundreds of other flash sites?

dogmeat said:   One work around seems to be downloading flash, then using "Dolphin" browser. I've had some issues with flash video, even with 4.0. Youtube works, but with Amazon video the sound is out of sync. Android needs to figure something out because there are so many video delivery sites that use flash, not having flash work with a content delivery platform like a tablet is a dead end.
david5182 said:   Hey dogmeat,

Indeed. Perhaps I should then be looking at tablets powered my Windows 8? Not having flash on a tablet is a deal-breaker for me.

Not true, flash works fine on ICS and JB, you just have to install the app, the whole rhetoric about it not being supported, as the app is not showing on google play, but it is still available. And soem browsers made their plugins, so they dont need it downloaded separately, either way.

dogmeat said:   Android needs to figure something out because there are so many video delivery sites that use flash, not having flash work with a content delivery platform like a tablet is a dead end.

While I completely agree with you, Apple doesn't seem to be having a problem despite lack of Flash support...

magnafides said:   dogmeat said:   Android needs to figure something out because there are so many video delivery sites that use flash, not having flash work with a content delivery platform like a tablet is a dead end.

While I completely agree with you, Apple doesn't seem to be having a problem despite lack of Flash support...

That's the point. If Android is to be a stable platform people can rely on, it needs to be sure it works out of the box with most major programs and content providers. I know with thousands of combinations of phones and tablets that's not easy. But getting a tablet for half the cost of an Ipad isn't a good deal if it can't do what you bought it for.

That said, this Fujitsu is a well made and a very responsive tablet. I decided to keep mine in spite of the slow or non-existant software support by Fujitsu. If I have to, I may look into rooting it and runing stock Android if no updates ever appear.

alyosha said:   Not true, flash works fine on ICS and JB, you just have to install the app, the whole rhetoric about it not being supported, as the app is not showing on google play, but it is still available. And soem browsers made their plugins, so they dont need it downloaded separately, either way.

I second this. Works for me on TF700 and Galaxy S3.

If I were looking for a 10" I would jump on this. All the features I want including a decent rear facing camera with flash, something mobile phones have had for the last 30 years. Just want something more portable.

I just wish Android developers would come out of the 1700s and make a virtual keyboard with more space between the keys (since it is better to hit nothing than have to do the extra step of backspacing if you hit the wrong key) and add a row of numbers above the keys like Samsung does. Would also be nice if the keys and the background of the keyboard weren't both dark (again, Samsung does this right). I don't know who thinks up these dumb ways of doing things.

Not sure what to do. I really need a new tablet ASAP (my HP Touchpad died recently) and Newegg a has a nice $10 off coupon (VALPAK10). So the total would be $269 with FS + no TAX (NY).

The problem is ICS's fuzzy flash support. Could someone please link to an easy, idiot-proof guide for installing flash on ICS 4.0?

Thanks.

Hi David, I have the first Sammy tablet 10.1. I updated it to the latest Android version and at first I had some issue with flash. I spent about 5min on the web looking for an update and found it, don't remember where but if you spend a few min on the web, you will find it, it s a very easy update.
david5182 said:   Not sure what to do. I really need a new tablet ASAP (my HP Touchpad died recently) and Newegg a has a nice $10 off coupon (VALPAK10). So the total would be $269 with FS + no TAX (NY).

The problem is ICS's fuzzy flash support. Could someone please link to an easy, idiot-proof guide for installing flash on ICS 4.0?

Thanks.

That's a great price, but all these low prices on this tables make me wonder if Fujitsu is simply dumping their existing stock to get out of the Android tablet business.

aidrees said:   $260 @ http://www.cheetahdeals.com/Fujitsu-STYLISTIC-M532-CP602124-01-T...

Is the Fujitsu M532 manufactured in Japan or China?

Thank you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014