• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary

How accurate are these scales. I was told that digital scales are not accurate at all.

niniss said:   How accurate are these scales. I was told that digital scales are not accurate at all.

I think that's true when they first came out, but not so much a concern. The main thing is consistency. If the scale gives a consistent weight, then it's good for what people need. It's only if you use a few different scales (like one at home, one at the gym), where you'll notice a difference. I know the scale at the gym is always one pound heavier than mine, so I just know to adjust.

imnotsanenow said:   niniss said:   How accurate are these scales. I was told that digital scales are not accurate at all.

I think that's true when they first came out, but not so much a concern. The main thing is consistency. If the scale gives a consistent weight, then it's good for what people need. It's only if you use a few different scales (like one at home, one at the gym), where you'll notice a difference. I know the scale at the gym is always one pound heavier than mine, so I just know to adjust.


Only 1 pound? My home scale (not digital) is at least 4 or 5 lbs lighter than the scale at the gym. The scale at the gym is the really big and old type.

niniss said:   imnotsanenow said:   niniss said:   How accurate are these scales. I was told that digital scales are not accurate at all.

I think that's true when they first came out, but not so much a concern. The main thing is consistency. If the scale gives a consistent weight, then it's good for what people need. It's only if you use a few different scales (like one at home, one at the gym), where you'll notice a difference. I know the scale at the gym is always one pound heavier than mine, so I just know to adjust.


Only 1 pound? My home scale (not digital) is at least 4 or 5 lbs lighter than the scale at the gym. The scale at the gym is the really big and old type.

The 'big old types' are typically good, as you can set to zero, and see if it balances. They are also very repeatable.

My spring/dial scale at home changes every time you step on, or step off. Rarely can be set to 'zero' as it is not repeatable. I think the springs/mechanisms have too much friction.

Be prepared to wait for this. I ordered from them on 3/22 (same price) and was notified it had shipped on 3/29.It has not, but they did create a label. Wow. They tell me it won't actually ship for another 3-5 days. They are having a "slight" delay in shipping this item. I have had trouble with fulfillment before with this outfit so I shouldn't be suprised. I will avoid them in the future.

Wow..... slowest shipping in the world. ordered 3/22, notified shipped 3/29, shipped 4/3, expected delivery now changed to 4/11......

dazviking said:   niniss said:   imnotsanenow said:   niniss said:   How accurate are these scales. I was told that digital scales are not accurate at all.

I think that's true when they first came out, but not so much a concern. The main thing is consistency. If the scale gives a consistent weight, then it's good for what people need. It's only if you use a few different scales (like one at home, one at the gym), where you'll notice a difference. I know the scale at the gym is always one pound heavier than mine, so I just know to adjust.


Only 1 pound? My home scale (not digital) is at least 4 or 5 lbs lighter than the scale at the gym. The scale at the gym is the really big and old type.

The 'big old types' are typically good, as you can set to zero, and see if it balances. They are also very repeatable.

My spring/dial scale at home changes every time you step on, or step off. Rarely can be set to 'zero' as it is not repeatable. I think the springs/mechanisms have too much friction.


yes, my scale at home is the spring/dial type.

khmer6 said:   Wow..... slowest shipping in the world. ordered 3/22, notified shipped 3/29, shipped 4/3, expected delivery now changed to 4/11......
same here 4/11 delivery date per UPS
Amazon has a so-so rating on the scale... http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Glass-Chrome-Scale-Bathroom/produ...
4-star rating, but the negative reviews all point toward inconsistency in reading weight.
1sad customer service is not great either - multiple emails with no replies!
Let's see how the scale is once it comes...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014