• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Plane & Pilot after coupon $2.93 @ Best Deal Magazines. One year, 12 issues. On sale 4/5/13 for $3.99 but use the code FATWALLET16 and FW cash CB to bring to price down to $2.93.

Best Deal Magazines

Best Deal Magazines
See Best Deal Magazines promo codes that earn 8.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Plane & Pilot (11.47kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

sweet! I just bought a plane and have been wondering how to find a cheap mag sub. Viola! Here we have it.

Now that your a happy plane owner CHEAP is you new middle name!
zapy said:   sweet! I just bought a plane and have been wondering how to find a cheap mag sub. Viola! Here we have it.

Cheap allowed the purchase of that plane. Now to save elsewhere. That plane drinks at a rate if 11 gallons an hour. That is at about $5 a gallon.

zapy said:   Cheap allowed the purchase of that plane. Now to save elsewhere. That plane drinks at a rate if 11 gallons an hour. That is at about $5 a gallon.

Dear Zapy:
As a former light twin, and complex single engine, owner, let me reassure you that the $55/hour you spend on avgas will be the LEAST unpleasant outlay you will come to experience. However, let me assure that the thrill and sense of accomplishment, far outweighs that. So congratulations, and welcome to the Money Pit!

Ahhh. Perhaps you didn't partner up with the "right" people?

Partner owns a hangar and happens to be an aircraft mechanic.
The flight instructor is giving free lessons for IFR etc. in exchange for use of the plane.
Plane is also availalbe to the flight school for rental / lessons.

But you are right ------ just minutes after the purchase i put it into the shop to have all the avionics replaced and updated a $35K cost but worth every single cent!

Now the insurance and fuel are really the only major things to worry about, I think.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014