• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OVERVIEW PRODUCT DETAILS CLOSE Lenovo IdeaPad Laptop Computer with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 Processor $479.99
Save $270
Reg. $749.99
Valid 4/7/13 through 4/13/13

www.officedepot.com


Description Item #380-747• 15.6" screen
• 8GB memory
• 750GB hard drive
• Up to 3 hours & 34 minutes of battery life†
• Microsoft Windows 8
• HDMI Port
• Model IdeaPad Z580

Office Depot
See Office Depot coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

lenovo ideapad (38.96kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I recently got a REFURBISHED exact same spec Z580 from Lenovo Outlet for about 375 + taxes.
working good so far.... just ... (more)

whatSay (Apr. 09, 2013 @ 8:43p) |

What are you talking about?

mase123987 (Apr. 09, 2013 @ 8:46p) |

http://outlet.lenovo.com/
Got the exact same model NEW at the Lenovo Outlet for $400 recently.

adorable (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 1:41a) |

  • Also categorized in:

I bought this computer March 15th with a $100 off coupon. Got it for $449.99. I wish it was slightly cheaper so I could of price matched it within 30 days and got a little back. Overall, pretty pleased with it. No problems at all. Fast boot time. Internet flys. Good video quality. Windows 8 isn't an issue period if you just use the desktop feature.

Good price for a decent laptop.
Available now for the same price for those impatient ones that don't want to wait till 4/7

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/380747/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z580...

Edited: Link added.

megachacker said:   I bought this computer March 15th with a $100 off coupon. Got it for $449.99. I wish it was slightly cheaper so I could of price matched it within 30 days and got a little back. Overall, pretty pleased with it. No problems at all. Fast boot time. Internet flys. Good video quality. Windows 8 isn't an issue period if you just use the desktop feature.

What do you mean by 'desktop feature' w/ Windows 8? I need a new laptop, but afraid my tech savvy is not advanced enough to learn the W8 system. My research shows not too many ppl like it.

Thank you for the help!

rizca said:   Good price for a decent laptop.
Available now for the same price for those impatient ones that don't want to wait till 4/7

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/380747/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z580...

Edited: Link added.


I'd rather buy it with price match from Staples. They have a much better return policy than OD. Just in case you buy it and end up not liking it.

Staples SKU: 984631

Same Model (# 59345254) as OD too.


OD return policy: Technology and consumer electronic products may only be exchanged or returned with their Original Receipt and in their original, unopened packaging with UPC code within 14 days of purchase. If box is opened, only an exchange will be offered. A 15% Restocking Fee will be applied if any components are missing.

usernamemax20charact said:   rizca said:   Good price for a decent laptop.
Available now for the same price for those impatient ones that don't want to wait till 4/7

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/380747/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z580...

Edited: Link added.


I'd rather buy it with price match from Staples. They have a much better return policy than OD. Just in case you buy it and end up not liking it.

Staples SKU: 984631

Same Model (# 59345254) as OD too.


OD return policy: Technology and consumer electronic products may only be exchanged or returned with their Original Receipt and in their original, unopened packaging with UPC code within 14 days of purchase. If box is opened, only an exchange will be offered. A 15% Restocking Fee will be applied if any components are missing.


That OD return policy is exactly why I never buy any tech/electronic products from them!

Staples' return policy:

Technology and Business Machines

Technology and business machines may only be returned within 14 days of the date of receipt, including Staples® brand technology and business machine products.

Refund Policy

Your purchase must be returned in sale able condition with the original packaging, including Universal Product Code (UPC), manuals, parts, and your receipt or packing slip.


Pretty much the same as OD without the "unopened" and "restocking fee."

Best Buy has also gone to 14-days I believe...even WalMart is 14-days now. Wow, remember the old days? There's no support out there now. 14-days is ridiculous!

Squonk said:   Staples' return policy:

Technology and Business Machines

Technology and business machines may only be returned within 14 days of the date of receipt, including Staples® brand technology and business machine products.

Refund Policy

Your purchase must be returned in sale able condition with the original packaging, including Universal Product Code (UPC), manuals, parts, and your receipt or packing slip.


Pretty much the same as OD without the "unopened" and "restocking fee."

Best Buy has also gone to 14-days I believe...even WalMart is 14-days now. Wow, remember the old days? There's no support out there now. 14-days is ridiculous!


Agree, 14 days is absurd. Unfortunately, it's the norm, now, for most places. Staples' permitting a return of an open box w/o a restocking fee is a huge plus, IMO. I think BB also has that policy unless it's been recently changed.

hereford said:   megachacker said:   I bought this computer March 15th with a $100 off coupon. Got it for $449.99. I wish it was slightly cheaper so I could of price matched it within 30 days and got a little back. Overall, pretty pleased with it. No problems at all. Fast boot time. Internet flys. Good video quality. Windows 8 isn't an issue period if you just use the desktop feature.

What do you mean by 'desktop feature' w/ Windows 8? I need a new laptop, but afraid my tech savvy is not advanced enough to learn the W8 system. My research shows not too many ppl like it.

Thank you for the help!


,
On the Windows 8 screen (the ones you always see with the boxes for everything)...one of those boxes says "Desktop" You click that and it turns the computer back into nearly the "old" Windows mode (just minus the Start menu). Everything has a desktop icon, you can access the computer, recycle bin, etc. It looks, nearly identical to any Windows version you're using now. If you use your computer for internet, email, videos, youtube, Netflix, etc, etc. you'll never leave that screen. Go to a store, find a display and hit that desktop mode and see. I read 3-1 bad reviews on Windows 8, didn't believe any of it, bought it anyways and it's perfectly fine.

megachacker said:   hereford said:   megachacker said:   I bought this computer March 15th with a $100 off coupon. Got it for $449.99. I wish it was slightly cheaper so I could of price matched it within 30 days and got a little back. Overall, pretty pleased with it. No problems at all. Fast boot time. Internet flys. Good video quality. Windows 8 isn't an issue period if you just use the desktop feature.

What do you mean by 'desktop feature' w/ Windows 8? I need a new laptop, but afraid my tech savvy is not advanced enough to learn the W8 system. My research shows not too many ppl like it.

Thank you for the help!


,
On the Windows 8 screen (the ones you always see with the boxes for everything)...one of those boxes says "Desktop" You click that and it turns the computer back into nearly the "old" Windows mode (just minus the Start menu). Everything has a desktop icon, you can access the computer, recycle bin, etc. It looks, nearly identical to any Windows version you're using now. If you use your computer for internet, email, videos, youtube, Netflix, etc, etc. you'll never leave that screen. Go to a store, find a display and hit that desktop mode and see. I read 3-1 bad reviews on Windows 8, didn't believe any of it, bought it anyways and it's perfectly fine.


THANK YOU! I use Windows 7 and I was skeptical of W8 based on what I've read. I'll test your instructions the next time I go to a place w/ a working laptop display. Really appreciate the detailed, easy-to-understand response!! Have a great Spring weekend!!! Hopefully, it finally feels like Spring wherever you live!!!!

Unless changed in the last month or so, Best Buy has a 30 day return policy on everything. You can try out a 5000 tv and return it 29 days later for a full refund.

Best Buy changed to a 15 day return policy recently.

bargainron said:   Best Buy changed to a 15 day return policy recently.

Good to know. I looked it up and you are right. Also, price matching works for local stores and 19 online retailers.

Doesn't BB charge a restocking fee also? It used to before.

mase123987 said:   bargainron said:   Best Buy changed to a 15 day return policy recently.

Good to know. I looked it up and you are right. Also, price matching works for local stores and 19 online retailers.

dhho1 said:   Doesn't BB charge a restocking fee also? It used to before.

mase123987 said:   bargainron said:   Best Buy changed to a 15 day return policy recently.

Good to know. I looked it up and you are right. Also, price matching works for local stores and 19 online retailers.

BestBuy Return Policy 30 days to 15 days.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1263850/

live now

jay22 said:   live now

Now? Look up... 3rd post.

This has some really nice features with the 8GB, 750GB, and core i5.

Thanks, OP. I got one at Staples with the price match (and Rewards points).

mase123987 said:   Unless changed in the last month or so, Best Buy has a 30 day return policy on everything. You can try out a 5000 tv and return it 29 days later for a full refund.

Wow have you tried it yet? How about the carriage? BTW I don't think 30 day return can help unless we buy things in impulse.

I recently got a REFURBISHED exact same spec Z580 from Lenovo Outlet for about 375 + taxes.
working good so far.... just an FYI for others looking for a lower price point.
has some decent FW CashBack as well I believe.

lenasmithho said:   mase123987 said:   Unless changed in the last month or so, Best Buy has a 30 day return policy on everything. You can try out a 5000 tv and return it 29 days later for a full refund.

Wow have you tried it yet? How about the carriage? BTW I don't think 30 day return can help unless we buy things in impulse.


What are you talking about?

http://outlet.lenovo.com/
Got the exact same model NEW at the Lenovo Outlet for $400 recently.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014