• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HSN
Need a HSN coupon that earns Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

LG 840G No-Contract Touchscreen 3G Wi-Fi Camera Smartphone
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. You can toss the ugly cover they make you pick out.

QUESTION....From a cell phone dummy.

Thay say you can transfer your existing phone number to this phone.
What if I want to KEEP my existing home, cordless phone AND number and transfer my existing home numer to this phone. Can I use BOTH phones ( home cordless AND this one ) and keep and use just the ONE (1) number.
I hope I not confusing the issue.
Thanks in advance.

richps1961 said:   QUESTION....From a cell phone dummy.

Thay say you can transfer your existing phone number to this phone.
What if I want to KEEP my existing home, cordless phone AND number and transfer my existing home numer to this phone. Can I use BOTH phones ( home cordless AND this one ) and keep and use just the ONE (1) number.
I hope I not confusing the issue.
Thanks in advance.

NO. Each line has to have its own unique number.
If you port your home number, your home phone account will immediately be cancelled.

That pink item is a replacement rear cover, not a case or skin. Pink is not the only choice.
WiFi is useable before you activate the phone with service.
It comes with a SIM card for AT&T service.

I think it comes standard with a BLACK battery cover. The colored ones are thrown in as a freebie extra cover.
Amazon sells same model for $45 but NOT with the free 1400 minutes. I think this is a better deal.
Very Good reviews.
In for 1

MadCityCyclone said:   Great deal. You can toss the ugly cover they make you pick out.

that's a very good deal...

Read the reviews - calling this a smartphone appears to be a bit of a stretch.

I have the LG 840G. They certainly could have improved it, but it's a dumbphone through and through. It wouldn't pass the requisite IQ test to be a smartphone.

It is NOT a smartphone, it is a feature phone.

It's kind of funny to watch the video presentation from the HSN website. They are gushing and raving about how the phone is top of the line and has amazing features all at the same you can see the low resolution tiny screen. I'm not bashing the phone, just the regular practice of HSN inflating the value of their cheaper electronic offerings.

Note that this offer includes 365 days of service.
No Federal Connection Taxes.

365 Days of service and talk at 7.14 cents a minute.
Text (SMS) for 2.4 cents each (1/3 minute to Read or Send)

Set it up with Google Voice and have your messages
texted to your phone and your e-mail account. Note
that invoming google voicemail texts will use more than
one SMS message. But this is still superior to audible
voicemail.

Triple Minutes for Life
(Add 180 minutes and 90 days for 11 cents a minute.)

Possible Hook: At one point the
add states AC Adapter OR Car Charger ....
while the bullet point list has both.

Plus 1 year manufacturers handset warranty.
Just have to keep from dropping it ...

I got the 840G back in November. $79.95 with some random new HSN customer code I found online.

If you understand Tracfone usage, you'll be pleased with the package. Great bang-for-the-buck. If you're buying it thinking you're getting a smartphone to look cool to your friends, well...

The pink "cover" is simply a junky replacement back panel. It comes with a black one.

It does come with a car charger, a/c charger, and ear buds.

Spend a few dollars and get a clear screen protector. I scuffed my screen the first day. I got mine on Ebay. Yes, that is the one I bought. $1.87 right now!

I also got a cheap case and an extra OEM charger to keep at work.

I was able to get it set up to access my email. Not hard at all.

I don't live life for a cell phone. This phone adds a few extra features over my old flip phone that are convenient to have. And it was the cheapest way to get another years service.

Can I just install my T-Mobile sim card into this phone and use it like a T-Mobile phone?

OverRuled said:   Can I just install my T-Mobile sim card into this phone and use it like a T-Mobile phone?

No.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.