• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Danzilla said:   Very little luck with Staples clearance items, and I've tried. Either it's long gone, or it's at a higher price than other Staples stores. One time I scored was on a couple Antec 500W power supplies, but that was years ago.

A couple stores >20 miles away show very little stock of the printer, but they're usually just inventory errors from past experience.

What's your point?

At almost the same OTD price, I am wondering if someone can suggest which is the better value. This one? Or the other HP laser in the other post?

Thanks!

aarzi said:   At almost the same OTD price, I am wondering if someone can suggest which is the better value. This one? Or the other HP laser in the other post?

Thanks!

The LaserJet printer in the other thread is a color printer and also has built-in wireless networking. From the specs, it appears that this one is Ethernet or USB connection only. Otherwise, the only major difference is that this particular model is more of an enterprise-style model with a 600 page capacity while the other is a SOHO printer with a 150 page paper tray. Both are good printers but the Monochrome printer *should* be the more bullet-proof of the two. My decade plus old Enterprise LaserJet 1320 has worked flawlessly for me in my SOHO at an average cost of about $20 per year (not including paper).

I ended up going with the other printer just to have the wireless networking and also because my other monochrome printer already offers the features of this one.

Thanks for your response. In my hurry, I did not notice one was B&W. Need color. My friendly SM is holding both for me. I guess it is the 200 for me.

Thanks again.

ViveLeRoi said:   I Wonder why they are going for so cheap? I see that they are not wireless, not duplex or any of the other features that we take for granted anymore, but for a rock solid laser printer, this is a pretty nice deal. Either way, it's a YMMV deal but green for the OP!

People like those All in Ones. Scanner would be nice.

ViveLeRoi said:   aarzi said:   At almost the same OTD price, I am wondering if someone can suggest which is the better value. This one? Or the other HP laser in the other post?

Thanks!

The LaserJet printer in the other thread is a color printer and also has built-in wireless networking. From the specs, it appears that this one is Ethernet or USB connection only. Otherwise, the only major difference is that this particular model is more of an enterprise-style model with a 600 page capacity while the other is a SOHO printer with a 150 page paper tray. Both are good printers but the Monochrome printer *should* be the more bullet-proof of the two. My decade plus old Enterprise LaserJet 1320 has worked flawlessly for me in my SOHO at an average cost of about $20 per year (not including paper).

I ended up going with the other printer just to have the wireless networking and also because my other monochrome printer already offers the features of this one.

Cost of $20 per year is enough said since nobody pays for paper these days with Staples FAR paper deals.

thanks!! got 2 in Orlando... 1 new in box ($94.50), other floor model ($85.05).... since the guy quoted me $12 for protection plan, it actually was supposed to be $18 each..... so he took 10% off the new in box... lol!!!

$219.50 total for 2 out the door with 2 year warranty on both

Just picked up another one in Freehold NJ. It was an open box, had all the accessories, couldn't get them to budge on the $94.50 price though.

As I was checking out, someone else came in holding a printout, asking about the printer, just beat them out by a couple of minutes.

Thx OP - just snagged a floor sample in DC. It runs great and tests revealed not a single sheet had ever been printed. Crazy how fast this thing is. HP 1 year warranties are valid for these, correct? I think I may go back and opt for 2 more years for $18.

cleverstar said:   some store says Low Stock Clearance Item, but it doesn't allow me to reserve any (shows 0), does it mean it's OOS in that store?

Not necessarily, it's just that the online system does not allow items tagged as clearance to be reserved online.

gopaldasa04 said:   Just called to Staples, and was told that they have one ( that is in Display ), and doesnt have its original packing, etc etc. They told me that price is $94.50.

I just found a store that had 1 floor model left and they quoted me $378.50 ... nuts

They're still available for shipping ($580). Anyone have any experience with ordering from Staples.com and returning to local Staples? Do the items end up returned to warehouse or put on the floor??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014