rated:

Member Summary

Colt M4 CARBINE 5.56 MAGPUL MOE
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Colt
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Almost posted this myself. I would love to get one of these but I guess I'll have to move out of Maryland first. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

O'Malley paper targets anyone?

new law doesn't take effect until October. If you have one then you are grandfathered in.

A maryland resident cannot own one of these? Why? (I am new to guns)

I want one of these for sure...but this price is too high. Unless you are worried about a ban in your state, and need to get one fast, I would suggest waiting a bit to let prices come down some. Dealer cost on this rifle is $1,040 with MSRP of $1,229.

so, their MSRP on the site is inflated? Figures.

Haha with all the ban possibilities pretty much dead, I can't believe people are paying OVER MSRP. Since the possibility of a ban in AZ will never happen AND all these states losing their right to own firearms AND people seeing their gun prices plummet....I expect to see heavy inventory in the next 6-12mo.

I know locally there were quite a few gun stores taking orders on ARs and essentially creating a waiting list. I know some websites did the same, and they were all at inflated prices.

I'm wondering if many shops have ordered way too many at this point and will see their orders suddenly be cancelled when customers realize they can get that $1500 Sig m400 for $1000 now. Even if you'd forfeit the deposit of $100 or so, it would be worth it to bail. My point is, it may create an inventory problem for many shops. Like what opthal said.

VicVinegar said:   I know locally there were quite a few gun stores taking orders on ARs and essentially creating a waiting list. I know some websites did the same, and they were all at inflated prices.

I'm wondering if many shops have ordered way too many at this point and will see their orders suddenly be cancelled when customers realize they can get that $1500 Sig m400 for $1000 now. Even if you'd forfeit the deposit of $100 or so, it would be worth it to bail. My point is, it may create an inventory problem for many shops. Like what opthal said.

I have family that own a gun store and they're seeing this more and more. They also sell on consignment and have had people dropping prices weekly to get their guns sold. Now, those prices still haven't hit MSRP yet, but a few people have just ended up picking up their firearms after seeing their profit vanish.

Similar to the housing market (obviously different mechanics at work) there was an artificial market created when a ban was remotely possible. That market is sure to dry up and since most gun manufactures have boosted production to meet that artificial demand, there will soon be a supply that outreaches regular demand by a large margin. Throw into the fact that many people most likely purchased these on credit, you'll see those people wanting to offload to cover expenses. I anticipate seeing a great opportunity to buy a guy in the next year once prices crash (like housing and many other booms before). Can't wait to get my Rec7!

xray316 said:   A maryland resident cannot own one of these? Why? (I am new to guns)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/05/maryland-lawmakers-pa...

And to see why this sucks:

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2012/07/23/do-gun-bans-reduce-vio...

This bill won't actually save any lives, and now I can look forward to being treated like a criminal if I want to legally own firearms in Maryland [mandatory fingerprinting]. Meanwhile the actual criminals should rejoice; they've always known in Maryland that a minority of people conceal carry due to the [ridiculous & Un-American] laws already in place, and now Marylanders are that much less likely to defend themselves. Gun control and violent crime are directly proportional.

MD already implemented a program to do ballistics fingerprinting in 2005, and to this date all that has accomplished is spending $2.5 million in taxpayer money that could have gone to something useful. Takeaway from the news article regarding the new bill:

"...O'Malley included $4.6 million in a supplemental budget this week to implement the bill. The money would pay for employees at a state police center to enforce the law."

I hate to think my tax dollars will be funding this quagmire. He authorized additional funding to directly bolster schools' security infrastructure and I'm all for that, but making more governmental busy work that doesn't accomplish anything positive on my dollar I certainly oppose. I'm tempted to say that if this bill was limited to Baltimore I'd be happier, but in actuality I'd only be pleased because then it wouldn't apply to me.

O'Malley is considering a White House bid, so from a political standpoint this move will gain him favor with the Dems and the less-intelligent / overly-emotional populace. To the thousands that marched on Annapolis to try to avert this from happening, thank you and keep up the good fight. If this way of thinking is going to become the standard for Maryland then eventually I'll leave but let's hope we can band together and get things to the way they should be before then.

DJChrisWilley: Thanks for that, I actually missed that part. It's good to know that once my M&P9 gets here I can turn around and get an AR before October, but I'll still be looking forward to the day this law is repealed whether I'm in state or not.

Hopefully this is still considered "on topic"

Ban is not possible because currently there is no votes to pass it. It is a known fact - no votes to pass the ban in congress. All AWB talks are on hold. But this is temporary. New election, new votes and here we go again. Ban will get passed. Not now, but after the next November elections.

Stas1976 said:   Ban is not possible because currently there is no votes to pass it. It is a known fact - no votes to pass the ban in congress. All AWB talks are on hold. But this is temporary. New election, new votes and here we go again. Ban will get passed. Not now, but after the next November elections.

They've been saying that since the last ban expired and they will ALWAYS say that. Passing the ban is political suicide......it will never happen again.

opathal said:   Stas1976 said:   Ban is not possible because currently there is no votes to pass it. It is a known fact - no votes to pass the ban in congress. All AWB talks are on hold. But this is temporary. New election, new votes and here we go again. Ban will get passed. Not now, but after the next November elections.

They've been saying that since the last ban expired and they will ALWAYS say that. Passing the ban is political suicide......it will never happen again.

Basically, no one needs to worry about the FEDs...unless Obama signs an executive order...but, people DO have to worry about their states.

Ill keep it at my house for you

Price dropped to $1149.99 for both black and flat dark earth (fde) models!

ManuFact said:   Price dropped to $1149.99 for both black and flat dark earth (fde) models!

And so the great gun sell off begins!

Good Price, and if Truly in Stock that is great. I will cancel my other order that has been on back order since December.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.