• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ames 4 cu. ft. Poly Lawn Cart @ Home Depot - $19.88

Buy Online, Pick Up in Store

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ames 4 cu. ft. Poly Lawn Cart
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I picked mine up yesterday. It's pretty sturdy, and a decent size. FWIW Home Depot has several of these in Chicago and s... (more)

bella54330 (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 9:01a) |

Word of advice...got one and it didn't like holding 3 bags of concrete. The one wheel cracked off when I turned to go do... (more)

Augustheat (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 12:59p) |

interesting. for 20 bucks its not bad at all. sold out in the austin area though. i sprung for the $49 metal one though.... (more)

cptbarkey189 (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 2:56p) |

OOS LV NV
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These things are great for this price. Bought it on this deal last year and have really used it quite a bit. More rugged than you may think. Used it to move fairly large rocks around and it didn't give out. Very happy

I bought 2 and am quite impressed, 4 cubic feet is larger than the doubts I was beginning to have - it IS indeed sized similar to an ordinary wheel barrow! Having 4 wheels unlike a wheel barrow is AWESOME!

I was going to ask if this was a good deal... But they are Out of stock at every store in 50 miles!

Can the wheel be lock so it won't roll away?

i really need to stop checking fw
i dont know WHAT ill use this for but if i ever need a wheel barrow...ill have one... lol

WorkerAnt said:   Can the wheel be lock so it won't roll away?

No, but you could put a 2x4 behind it and that would work.

The Ames 4 cu. ft. Plastic Lawn Cart is an ideal tool for outdoor work around your lawn or patio.
I trust it.

In 4 1. thanks OP

Thanks OP! I was on the fence for a lawn cart for some time, only thing that made me go for it is seeing it on FW today. In for one, it was the last available in the store near me, hopefully the inventory info was correct.

Not as good a deal as the OP's, but the smaller Ames version (3CUFT) in black is available at Lowes for the same price.

Smaller cart

Got this cart last year. The capacity is great for most yard work. I just wish the wheels could separate apart more. When it gets loaded heavy and pushed on bumpy surfaces, it tends to tip over.

Got the last one left at my Home Depot. Works nice. Bought 10 bags of the mulch they had on sale, while I was there, and used the cart to haul them out.
Wheels rattle and feels different than a typical wheelbarrow, has a nice tray for miscellaneous tools, much deeper than my old wheelbarrow (not sure of its size). For use as a garden cart, this is well worth the price.

This is a sweet cart. I picked it up for $10~ late last year (with the zombie mulch coupons, so pretty much free). Used it to make Mel's mix - it turned out to be pretty handy, though a bit hard (and messy) to mix an exact 4cu ft of compost, vermiculite, and peat moss.

Mine is 4 cu ft I bought it at the New Hartford NY store. They had Burpee seeds BOGO...not a bad deal!

Use mine to give the dogs baths. Just use caution, so the cart doesn't tip over.

Ordered one and waiting for confirmation. Thanks OP!

brotherhpj said:   Mine is 4 cu ft I bought it at the New Hartford NY store. They had Burpee seeds BOGO...not a bad deal!

I think all seeds are just 50% off, from what I saw. Not sure if that was maybe brand specific as all the seeds I got were Ferry Morse. But the sign wasn't explicit. It also said "1/2 off sale" from what I recall. I thought it was BOGOF at first, until I rung up one packet and saw it was 50% off

You guys sold me ... In for 1

jplee3 said:   brotherhpj said:   Mine is 4 cu ft I bought it at the New Hartford NY store. They had Burpee seeds BOGO...not a bad deal!

I think all seeds are just 50% off, from what I saw. Not sure if that was maybe brand specific as all the seeds I got were Ferry Morse. But the sign wasn't explicit. It also said "1/2 off sale" from what I recall. I thought it was BOGOF at first, until I rung up one packet and saw it was 50% off

you are correct!

Would have ordered one if any were in stock... :/

In for one, plenty of them in Southern New Jersey.

The online inventory checker said my local HD didn't have these in stock. I went to HD anyway for some other items and they had plenty of a 3 cu ft model for $15.98. Not a bad little cart.

Silly question, is this transportable in a regular sedan (2011 Civic)?

What is the normal price on this? Is it actually on sale, or just a great buy? Thanks!

I have a 95 Camry 2 door. I was able to lay the front passenger seat back down and put it inside upside down with the front wheels facing the dash board.

I doubt it would fit in a 4 door. Hatchback should be fine.

I got one - thanks to comments from others who helped me decide if I need it.

Normal price is $39.99. I was at Menards and they were price matching HomeDepot but were grey. I liked the color of HD's better.

Works pretty good, but it is light duty - the plastic is brittle. I put a large rock in one and the cart split from the rim to the base. Taped it together with clear tape and it still works. Would not try to use it to carry heavy rocks or bricks or pavers though.

jn343 said:   I have a 95 Camry 2 door. I was able to lay the front passenger seat back down and put it inside upside down with the front wheels facing the dash board.

I doubt it would fit in a 4 door. Hatchback should be fine.

I got one - thanks to comments from others who helped me decide if I need it.

I've got a 93 Camry and was able to fit this in the back seat no problem. Didn't have to put the seats down or anything. I just put it in, upright with the wheels on the seat.

OldTiredGuy said:   Works pretty good, but it is light duty - the plastic is brittle. I put a large rock in one and the cart split from the rim to the base. Taped it together with clear tape and it still works. Would not try to use it to carry heavy rocks or bricks or pavers though.

Thanks for the heads-up good to know. So far I've only used it for moving and holding leftover dirt. I'll be sure to avoid putting heavier stuff in it.

None here!

masonic said:   Not as good a deal as the OP's, but the smaller Ames version (3CUFT) in black is available at Lowes for the same price.

Smaller cart

I found several stacks of this same one at Home Depot for $15.88 today. Picked one up since the 4cf was unavailable.

I picked mine up yesterday. It's pretty sturdy, and a decent size. FWIW Home Depot has several of these in Chicago and surrounding burbs. I also had to pick up 4 cinder blocks as well as a 50# bag of chicken feed.

When I got home, I took the cart out, loaded it up with all 4 FULL SIZE blocks PLUS the 50# bag of chicken feed on top, and easily rolled it from my street to my backyard. It worked just fine. I then used it to haul some plants/dirt for a backyard project I'm working on. I've already gotten my $$ worth! THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!

Word of advice...got one and it didn't like holding 3 bags of concrete. The one wheel cracked off when I turned to go down the slight hill next to my house. I will exchange it and keep it to light duty.

interesting. for 20 bucks its not bad at all. sold out in the austin area though. i sprung for the $49 metal one though. my plastic tub wheel barrow didnt take the stabbing from my shovel.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014