• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Wallet, tag, and receipt
Disclaimer
From the "Joe" collection from Joseph Abboud, mens black leather bifold wallet with 6 card pockets at JC Penny. Normal price was $25 and was clearanced down to $1! I found one in their wallet section with no box, just a tag with a red strip saying it was $1. I was skeptical that it would really be a buck, but it rang out correctly. The person at the counter told me they were left over from Christmas and just never sold so they needed to get rid of them, so big YMMV on this one. In store only. I grabbed the last one at the Tucson mall.

UPC: 017149433194
Style: 31JO1300

JCPenney
Need a JCPenney coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Fat Wallet
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • JCPenney Coupons:
    AFFSHOP1
    15% off any order (expires 4/3/15 2:59am)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you can find this wallet at JCP, it will be $1 guaranteed (not really YMMV). My friend and I both work at JCP and he bought this wallet yesterday and said it's the best wallet he's ever owned! Crazy for a buck!

If you are calling the item number is 5379057 , from rcpt. They may have multiple colors.

JaxFL said:   If you are calling....

What happened to the cardinal rule??

jcp is making a comback with deals fighting off Macys.

Don't forget to use your 20% off coupon.

JCP 20% off until 4/17/13

DOChicago said:   JaxFL said:   If you are calling....

I live some distance from any JCP. So I called. The lady physically went to the men's department and looked for me and found two, one of which (trifold) was not even what I had requested her to look for. She was happy for me, and when I went in, was ecstatic that she was there to personally sell them to me. She called over two other clerks to show them how much I'd saved.

YMMV, but one size of paranoid "rule" does not fit all, Skippy.

Hey, I'm not from St. Louis or Catholic, so your "Cardinal Rule" doesn't mean doodly-squat to me. One size fits all nostrums are for those without the brains or wisdom to properly evaluate any one specific situation.

Such a "rule" is . . . wait for it . . . for the birds!

Perknose said:   DOChicago said:   JaxFL said:   If you are calling....

I live some distance from any JCP. So I called. The lady physically went to the men's department and looked for me and found two, one of which (trifold) was not even what I had requested her to look for. She was happy for me, and when I went in, was ecstatic that she was there to personally sell them to me. She called over two other clerks to show them how much I'd saved.

Hey, I'm not from St. Louis or Catholic, so your "Cardinal Rule" doesn't mean doodly-squat to me. One size fits all nostrums are for those without the brains or wisdom to properly evaluate any one specific situation.

Best post I've ever seen on Fatwallet!

So perknose, you'll keep calling it seems. And I await discovering how many deals you'll ruin for yourself. IT IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO CALL. Are you pretending that you knew it would not be a problem? glad you got lucky; please don't call to any of MY local stores. Did you really think that it's a cardinal rule for NO good reason?

No wonder JCP is doomed.

Perknose said:   DOChicago said:   JaxFL said:   If you are calling....

You CALLED the store to check stock? Because you live some distance away? THEN you drove over there when you were sure they had stock. For a $1 wallet...

What's the eBay listing number Skippy?

KidCharliemain said:   
You CALLED the store to check stock? Because you live some distance away? THEN you drove over there when you were sure they had stock. For a $1 wallet...

It's not a $1 wallet,it's a fine, fine $25 wallet that was going for one dollah. And I only paid $.80 for it with my coupon, anyway. Bought a cool hat while I was there.

Here's a helpful hint for you: I combined three other destinations in my trip, which I do whenever I leave paradise for the godforsaken land of endless asphalt and big box stores.

KidCharliemain said:   What's the eBay listing number Skippy?

Please stop confusing me with your brain-dead, industrial peanut butter of choice, white bread boy.

Otherwise, I'll tell your Mom to -- gasp -- leave the crust on!

Say, are your knickers in a bunch because you think I might have ruined your big $1 wallet score?

It's JCPenney in a mall. It's staffed by elderly woman, not rapacious Staples or Fry's CSRs. I KNEW that. You catching on yet?

Now grow up and go cry somewhere else, your tears are making your mascara run, son.

peepsiemom said:   perknose, You CANNOT skip any dosage of your meds. You are having a conversation with your self. No, it's NOT a $25 wallet. It has a $25 price tag to fool suckers. And it clearly worked. Do you pay sticker price for your car as well?

No, but if a new one was advertised for $1 in East Bumfuck, I'd call before making that drive . . . Mom.

Btw, peepsie was caught eating out of the neighbor's trash again. You'd better stop posting and get on that, k? And, yes, I know she's not a dog. That's what makes the whole thing so tragic.

perknose, You CANNOT skip any dosage of your meds. You are having a conversation with your self. No, it's NOT a $25 wallet. It has a $25 price tag to fool suckers. And it clearly worked. Do you pay sticker price for your car as well?

Peepsiemom,

It IS a $25 wallet no matter what value it may have to you.

Time and time again this debate goes on, and time and time again people call stores WITHOUT ruining the deal for themselves and for others. If it does happen on occasion, well then it happens. I used to sell things on eBay for a supplemental income for a while and NOT ONCE did I ruin a deal by calling first. Some example stores were Staples, Sears, Circuit City, Tweeter, etc.

peepsiemom said:   perknose, You CANNOT skip any dosage of your meds. You are having a conversation with your self. No, it's NOT a $25 wallet. It has a $25 price tag to fool suckers. And it clearly worked. Do you pay sticker price for your car as well?

I am going to call all the stores in your area to "ruin" your deals. lol. Too funny. You guys who are so paranoid about calling the store.. it makes me laugh. Everyone call! Ruin the deals for everyone else. Because that's what employees do. Is horde all the deals to themselves. Like making 9 dollars an hour is a ton of money to where they will buy all the deals. Yeah, forget about paying the rent, cell phone bill, car payments, ect. Yeah, they are just waiting for your phone call so they can spend all their money on buying deals. lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014