• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Indoor floods, non-dimmable, 650 lumens - item #:204072646. Free shipping.

Get $10 off WYS $100+ with code: SBFHD10.

Save 5% with Discovercard or 10% with ShopDiscover (no coupon).

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Philips 429415
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a good deal if you don't need dimmable bulbs, but isn't 9.5w a bit light for a 65w incandescent replacement? I thought a 13w was a closer equivalent. I may try a pack of these in our hall or kitchen where we do not have dimmers.

another thought..
2700K is incandescent color temp
not what im looking for in an LED bulb

larker said:   another thought..
2700K is incandescent color temp
not what im looking for in an LED bulb

agreed. if you're going to go to LED, i think its well worth it to get a 5000k (or close to it) color

Is the latter a 'bright white' color instead of incandescent? If I am replacing bulbs in a hallway it still might be ok...

cohenfive said:   Looks like a good deal if you don't need dimmable bulbs, but isn't 9.5w a bit light for a 65w incandescent replacement? I thought a 13w was a closer equivalent. I may try a pack of these in our hall or kitchen where we do not have dimmers.
It depends on the efficiency of the LEDs. Don't look at what they say it's "equivalent" to, look at lumens.

These are 650 lumens.

cohenfive said:   Is the latter a 'bright white' color instead of incandescent? If I am replacing bulbs in a hallway it still might be ok...

5000k is white light compared to incandescent 'yellow' - somewhere around 2700k

cohenfive said:   These are 650 lumens.

... and rated '65W'. Odd that Philips' L-PRIZE 60W is rated at 940 lumens. The arithmetic just doesn't quite add up here.

Well I ordered a pack of these to put in our hallway towards the back of our house. The least trafficked area we have. I hope they work well as we would love to get rid of the cfl's we have installed in a bunch of locations.

I ordered 2 packs planning to put them into the can lights in my kitchen. 650 lumens is on par with my existing cfl's which consume 13 watt.

evercl92 said:   cohenfive said:   Is the latter a 'bright white' color instead of incandescent? If I am replacing bulbs in a hallway it still might be ok...5000k is white light compared to incandescent 'yellow' - somewhere around 2700kWhich is ideal really depends on personal taste and where you are putting it. A 2700K is good in a living room, family room, or outdoors but in the kitchen or bathroom you might want a 5000K bulb. I actually prefer 3000K vs a 2700K bulb when I want a warmer color.

I got the pack of bulbs today and installed them. Overall I'd have to give them a 4 of 5 star rating. Good light, probably a bit brighter than a 60w incandescent, and just a tad whiter as well. Instant on which is a nice change from cfl's. The only issue we have is that one of the 4 bulbs in the pack hums very softly...so we put that one in the garage where it can't be heard. I am hoping to buy some other variants for other installations. Worth the $$.

I just got a pack. A great bulb, and glad I got them. Much brighter than a Sylvania 65 W BR30 incandescent. The color is very good -- better than the $15 EcoSmart equivalent, I think. Compared to incandescent, reds are just a little less red, wood is a little less warm, but you have to look very closely. I don't think you would ever notice.

Two minuses. It doesn't dim. (I even tried it.) Second, it does take about 1/4 to 1/2 second to turn on. At first that's actually a little funny, but after the first couple of times, you probably won't even notice.

duplicate post deleted

When the manufacturers start charging cost plus a reasonable profit, I will start buying LED bulbs. $50 for 4 bulbs is absurd.

It's like the story of the guy selling a car and a bike. The car sells for $25,000 and the bike is only worth $100 but he sells it for $10,000 because of all the money you will save on gas, insurance, registration, and maintenance over buying the car.

The bulb manufacturers do the same thing. They brag about how much money in electricity you will save over the life of the bulb and then add that into the price.

It cost about $2 or less to make these bulbs.

$2, eh? How much did the R&D and the plant cost them, since you seem to think you know things?

How little the average person understands economics and business always amazes me. Everybody seems to think their own labor is worth quite a bit, but that of others? Not so much. And when did profit become a bad thing? It's no wonder that communism took root where people had very little education.

I discovered something, and they're even better than I thought. I compared the Philips bulbs with a 65-W Sylvania incandescent light, but Sylvania makes TWO 65-W incandescent BR30 bulbs. They differ only in voltage. One is for 120 V, the other is for 130 V. I compared the Philips bulb with the 130 V bulb. However, when the 130 V bulb is run at the usual household voltage of 120 V, it runs a bit dimmer and redder than usual, so naturally the Philips bulb looks whiter.

When I compared the Philips bulb side by side with the 120 V incandescent, I found that the light is almost identical. I looked at different colored objects, and I had to look hard to see any difference at all. I also compared them carefully for brightness, and I couldn't see any difference at all.

One other nice thing is that the bulbs come on almost instantly -- about 1/10 second, I think -- as long as you don't mix them with incandescents. You might not even notice a delay.

These are great bulbs, and I would buy them again.

current price is $53.96 for the pack. I am in need of a bunch of led bulbs and floods, will see what comes up on sale in the near future.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014