• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.flyfrontier.com/specials/MarketCalendar

At Wilmington/Philadelphia (ILG), Frontier offers the only airline service to the State of Delaware, putting you closer to downtown Wilmington and the State Capitol in Dover! Save time driving and save money on parking.

•Wilmington Newcastle Airport is conveniently located off Exit 5A on I-95 in Delaware, just 38 miles from downtown Philadelphia and 45 miles from the Delaware State Capitol in Dover.
•Fly Frontier nonstop to five popular cities: Chicago-Midway Airport, Denver, Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, Orlando, and Tampa.
•Fly Frontier’s 162-seat Airbus 320 aircraft on every flight, including with 30 channels of LiveTV at every seat, 5 rows of STRETCH Seating with up to 7 additional inches of legroom, and quality food and beverage choices.
•Skip flying from Philadelphia. At Wilmington you’ll find shorter lines and less travel hassles.
•Enjoy affordable parking and a short walk to the terminal.
•Rent cars from Avis and Budget — both are available at the Wilmington airport.
•Access the airport via DART bus routes 22 and 25, providing convenient connections to the Wilmington SEPTA and Amtrak station.

Member Summary

frontier
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks wish they had better parking accommodations. For those in philly or the jersey area, don't forget about Trenton ... (more)

AaG12 (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 11:07a) |

I didn't know there was an airport in Wilmington. I fly to Hou a lot, this gives me some flexibility as flights out of P... (more)

Steelers (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 11:21a) |

All flights are mobbed whether out of philly or this one at 49 each way.

robertw477 (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 1:00p) |

Tickets for sale fares must be purchased by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, April 20, 2013. Fares for Wilmington, DE, to/from Chicago (Midway), IL, and Houston, TX, are for travel July 1, 2013, through November 13, 2013; fares for Wilmington, DE, to/from Denver, CO, and Orlando, FL, are for travel July 2, 2013 through November 13, 2013; and fares for Wilmington, DE, to/from Tampa, FL, are for travel July 4, 2013, through November 13, 2013. Fares are one way. Roundtrip purchase not required. Seats are limited at these fares and certain flights and/or days of travel may be unavailable, especially during busy travel periods. Tickets are nonrefundable, but depending on the fare type purchased may be transferred for $50 or reissued for alternate flights for $50, as well as a possible fare increase to a non-promotional fare type. The name change fee and itinerary change fee are not exclusive of each other. Previously purchased tickets may not be exchanged for these special fare tickets. Flight segment(s) must be cancelled prior to scheduled departure time or the ticket(s) and all monies will be forfeited.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I did not know this existed...tyvm!

Steelers said:   I did not know this existed...tyvm!What's that, Wilmington, DE or Frontier?

Delaware is great for tax-free shopping. Probably not worth flying it for, however.

So what is the final (real) cost of a $49 airfare?

yesidonoitall said:   So what is the final (real) cost of a $49 airfare?
$49. Regulations mandate that taxes/fees be included in price listings for airfare. $20 to check luggage.

I don't think that airport has any long term parking,
or any even nearby.

I like frontier. I used to fly them years ago in the west. If they are the same company still.

Note that this service may be temporary. Frontier was looking for a replacement for their new Trenton hub, which was being shut down for 2 months for runway improvements.

Good stuff, did not know about this. Thanks OP.

billrubin said:   Steelers said:   I did not know this existed...tyvm!What's that, Wilmington, DE or Frontier?

Delaware is great for tax-free shopping. Probably not worth flying it for, however.

Way to kick us while we're down.

This is great deal. thanks so much

Thanks OP but does Frontier have a habit in cancelling the flights? I will pay more on Southwest but they don't cancel my flights.

TheGMan said:   yesidonoitall said:   So what is the final (real) cost of a $49 airfare?
$49. Regulations mandate that taxes/fees be included in price listings for airfare. $20 to check luggage.

Ok, the last I flew, 3 years ago, the price was like $250 but more like $300 total before luggage extras

$206 each way Chicago to Tampa, hardly a good price as Southwest is 89.00

sollyd said:   $206 each way Chicago to Tampa, hardly a good price as Southwest is 89.00The deal is WILMINGTON to Tampa or WILMINGTON to Chicago, not Chicago to Tampa.

I'm planning the next-month journey from Kansas City to New York. Just collected the site, thanks a lot..

sollyd said:   $206 each way Chicago to Tampa, hardly a good price as Southwest is 89.00

You sure must've scored high on Reading Comprehension in school!

Frontier currently operates a fleet of 16 Airbus A320s, 34 Airbus A319s, and two Airbus A318s. Republic Airlines, operating for Frontier, flies a fleet of four Embraer E190s.

Tacoma99 said:   I don't think that airport has any long term parking, or any even nearby.
There's some parking out front. Read this, though:
12. May I park my vehicle overnight at the airport if I am renting a car or flying on a charter flight?
Yes. If you leave your personal vehicle at the airport, make sure that the rental car agency or airline has all your pertinent information, such as your name, contact number, license number, and the year, make and model of the personal or rental car. Vehicles not registered with the rental car agencies or the airport operations department will be towed at the owner’s expense.

More info here.

Then, there's always the Pathmark or Home Depot parking lots across the highway...

Thanks wish they had better parking accommodations. For those in philly or the jersey area, don't forget about Trenton Airport. Frontier also flies their and they have FREE parking

billrubin said:   Steelers said:   I did not know this existed...tyvm!What's that, Wilmington, DE or Frontier?

I didn't know there was an airport in Wilmington. I fly to Hou a lot, this gives me some flexibility as flights out of PHL are always mobbed.

All flights are mobbed whether out of philly or this one at 49 each way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.