• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Takamine (EG340SC) Acoustic Electric Guitar
Disclaimer
Takamine (EG340SC) Acoustic Electric Guitar $275.99 After Coupon w/ Free Shipping at World Music Supply

Normally $499.00, now $275.99 after $224 off coupon code "TAKADEALME" and free shipping. 8% discount automatically applied at checkout.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Code is still working. Thanks OP!

thrashmetash (May. 15, 2013 @ 11:15p) |

still going!

morecowbell (May. 25, 2013 @ 10:41a) |

Thanks! Just picked one up. Looks like coupon code is no longer required.

phermat (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 8:41a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

worldmusicsupply said: Through a special promotion arrangement with Takamine, these guitars will ship directly to you from Takamine. Please allow up to 1-2 days additional shipping time as these will go through final setup before shipping.hm that's interesting. i wonder how their setup is

Hmm, it is showing me $499. Bummer. Is there a coupon code?

eeddings said:   Hmm, it is showing me $499. Bummer. Is there a coupon code?

Sadly no, it has expired.

Thanks anyway for the post!

There is a coupon code!!! It's TakaDealMe

designknobninja said:   There is a coupon code!!! It's TakaDealMe

Thanks for the heads up... I updated the OP. I tried that coupon code on the 10th and it was not working then, but I had no troubles today.

Saw this on slickdeals this morning and pulled the trigger. I already have a G340SC (same model but no preamp) and it's a really nice instrument. couldn't pass this up at this price.

Hey boys, now this here is a steal! I have been waiting for a great deal on an acoustic electric Tak and this is it! I have a 93 model Tak dread but needed to upgrade. Wow! Thx OP! Code worked fine yesterday.

I'm so in! Thanks OP. Thank you, thank, thank you. Been looking for a great deal on an acoustic since Christmas. I just hit the jackpot!

So what the heck is an electric acoustic? Do you need an amp like a regular electric guitar? Would it be good for a inexperienced newbie like me to learn on?

HDCowboy said:   So what the heck is an electric acoustic? Do you need an amp like a regular electric guitar? Would it be good for a inexperienced newbie like me to learn on?

It just means that there is and on board pre-amp and CAN be plugged into an amp. It functions as an acoustic guitar unplugged beautifully.

I bought this guitar for my son about 2 years ago and paid almost $500.00 for it. It's a great guitar for beginners and vets alike.

i was reading about it on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Takamine-EG340SC-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Elec... seems the strings are brass.
i think when i used brass before, it was too hard on my fingers. is there a suggestion for a guitar that wouldn't give callouses so easily? is nylon good for such? thanks,

Try flat wound strings or urethane dipped strings. They dont have the windings so they are much easier on your fingers and the frets.

matthewk said:   i was reading about it on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Takamine-EG340SC-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Elec... seems the strings are brass.
i think when i used brass before, it was too hard on my fingers. is there a suggestion for a guitar that wouldn't give callouses so easily? is nylon good for such? thanks,

Try Elixir Nanowebs (NOT Polywebs). Guitar playing is going to be rough on your hands (especially if you're a beginner) regardless of the strings you play. The point is to develop callouses not avoid them. Callouses are what make playing guitar "painless".

A certain guitar type really doesn't make much difference. The action on a guitar, however, will. High action makes fretting the guitar painful to play and even tougher to learn on (because you have to push so hard on the strings). Optimal actions is low enough to fret easily but not "fret out" (sound die out too easily or make no noise at all) or "buzz". These particular guitars are actually being set up by Takamine themselves, so they should be pretty good right out of the box. With that said, I have yet to buy an acoustic guitar that I didn't take in to get professionally set up to my taste.

But, again, avoiding callouses by a guitar player is a no-no. You WANT callouses. If you want to avoid callouses then I suggest you find a different instrument to play (certainly not stringed) and I say that with the utmost respect (not trying to be rude in any way).

BTW, this is a GREAT guitar for the price (for both beginners and vets).

Good Luck!

thanks a lot both for your comments [for a interested beginner like me]!
i think this is a good deal. when i checked yesterday, it was $75 lower than the lowest [3rd party] on Amazon.
is it a bad idea to change the strings on this EG340SC to the suggested ones by farfisa850 to reduce pain in the beginning learning?
thank you,

For an acoustic guitar I personally would not bother with half rounds or flat rounds. If it were a true electric guitar then I might consider it. I would suggest instead going with a lighter gauge string (0.011 gauge) like these Martin strings. The lighter gauge will allow you to bend and fret the strings more easily.

I put heavy strings on all my guitars (0.013) but most people who are not used to it do not like it.

In for one.... not like I really need another guitar..... i should just bloc fatwallet....

Has anyone received their guitar yet?

designknobninja said:   Has anyone received their guitar yet?

Mine's scheduled to be here Monday.

Thanks OP...dang I am now Christmas shopping in April

My guitar showed up today. All I can say is wow! Great sounding guitar. Very nice low end and the high end has a nice timbre without sounding shrill or thin (all this, so far, as unplugged). I couldn't be happier with my purchase. This would have been a great guitar at retail price. The fact that I just got this sucker for $276.00 just blows my mind. I could search for another year and not come up with a better quality to price ratio on an acoustic guitar. Thank you so much again, OP.

I got mine today as well... Couldn't be happier! Strings buzz a little, but I'll take it to the local shop, pay $50 and still have the deal of the century guitar!

Did you guys get a tracking number when the guitar shipped?

Yes... they sent an email... was sent FedEx home delivery.

I got my guitar yesterday and it is very nice. It is a steal at $276!

Agreed... incredibly nice guitar for the money. It's not a $2,000 guitar, but it IS a $500 for $275... and it sounds great.... Have fun playing for all that ordered!!! dreadnought had the musicians choice dreadknought case for $39 today as well. I paid $49 and it fits perfectly.... FYI...

designknobninja said:   Agreed... incredibly nice guitar for the money. It's not a $2,000 guitar, but it IS a $500 for $275... and it sounds great.... Have fun playing for all that ordered!!! dreadnought had the musicians choice dreadknought case for $39 today as well. I paid $49 and it fits perfectly.... FYI...

Just ordered a case. Thanks for the heads up.

Code is still working. Thanks OP!

still going!

Thanks! Just picked one up. Looks like coupon code is no longer required.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.