Member Summary

Coleman 8person Tent
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
$99.99 and 2-day shipping with Prime.

Thanks OP!

jbserra (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 1:33p) |

debating between this one and the coleman instant tent http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4IAPU.

miserly (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 11:47a) |

As I first posted..this deal (and similar others) happen quite frequently.

If you can go down to a 6-person...you can ge... (more)

respdoc (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 12:30p) |

Spend $100 Save $20 on Select Coleman Products
For a limited time when you spend $100 or more on select Coleman camping gear you'll receive a $20 discount at check-out. Shop now
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No, it's hasn't been $219.99" and has been running the same price as what it is currently is after instant discount: $99.99

respdoc said:   No, it's hasn't been $219.99" and has been running the same price as what it is currently is after instant discount: $99.99

List Price: $219.99
Price: $119.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
Deal Price:
You Save: $100.00 (45%)

what am I missing?

iowahawkeye said:   respdoc said:   No, it's hasn't been $219.99" and has been running the same price as what it is currently is after instant discount: $99.99

Deal Price:

what am I missing?

You mean, minus the pretend MSRP ?...The big box stating the $20 discount upon checkout.

respdoc said:   iowahawkeye said:   respdoc said:   No, it's hasn't been $219.99" and has been running the same price as what it is currently is after instant discount: $99.99

Deal Price:

what am I missing?

You mean, minus the pretend MSRP ? The big box stating the $20 discount upon checkout..

Ok, thanks for the heads-up.
I edited the QS to include the limited-time extra 20 buck savings
and got a new badge for the edit.
Don't know why you are so upset about the MSRP.
People are very happy in the reviews, with the tent and the price.

iowahawkeye said:   

No, none of the reviews state they were happy at buying this at full MSRP.

I am happy for getting this on two separate occasions last year for a little less than $99 each time.

$99 is also around the going rate...since the instant discount has been going on for quite some time.

Instead of yapping to me...you should probably concentrate on fixing key points in your thread...mainly the price in title.

respdoc said:   iowahawkeye said:   

I am happy for getting this on two separate occasions last year for a little less than $99 each time.

$99 is also around the going rate...since the instant discount has been going on for quite some time.

Instead of yapping to me...you should probably concentrate on fixing key points in your thread...mainly the price in title.

no, will leave it as it, just to annoy you.

iowahawkeye said:   
no, will leave it as it, just to annoy you.

Wouldn't expect anything less from someone that has trouble reading in the first place.

respdoc said:   iowahawkeye said:   

you are giving her a hassle because you found a better deal a year ago???? wow.....

SilverII said:   http://camelcamelcamel.com/Coleman-2000001594-Montana-8-Tent/pro...

Thanks, I bought it for $5 cheaper on April 1. Did that help?

idohair said:   you are giving her a hassle because you found a better deal a year ago???? wow.....

Try reading what I wrote again. The "deal" (for $99) has been going on for a while now.

respdoc said:   idohair said:   you are giving her a hassle because you found a better deal a year ago???? wow.....

Try reading what I wrote again. The "deal" (for $99) has been going on for a while now.

If there is anyplace where people should not be falling, as OP did, into the trap of seeing larger discounts by buying into the sellers "MSRP" it should be on Fatwallet. This is, or should be, a teachable moment for OP. Instead OP simpers and purposely annoys.

The reason this item has been $99.99 for a while, OP, is because Amazon employed yet another trick. While it is priced now at $119.99 minus the "special" discount of $20 = $99.99, previously it was simply priced flat-out at $99.99, as is made apparent on CamelCamelCamel.com's price graph.

This seems like an excellent buy to me. We have been looking to replace our tent that has a broken zipper and this one has that cool feature where the door swings open, thereby saving zippers. Total price with shipping was $107.99. Sounds good to me.

For 99 bucks delivered with Prime, what is not to like? I'm in 4 1. Thanks OP...

$99.99 plus taxes $108.99 in 4-1

This is a very good deal for $99 shipped....I have this tent and it can easily sleep 6 adults. A little bit more work is required in setting this up(compared to the regular tents).
I bought this last year for $99 and had to decide between this and the 8 person coleman pop-up tent and went with this, as the pop-up one does not do well in rains.... have used it thrice, once in rains and has performed well.
Buy some nicer stakes and this tent will hold very good....

I seldom chime in but constantly watching the likes of all y'all quibble over oft 'nothingness', yes there usually is some minuscule substance,makes me wonder why I even bother to read the posts past the OP. congrats on those who slave over proving nothing more than confusing people...usually not with facts.

They had a $20 off $100 deal about a month ago and I bought the Red Canyon tent. Can't wait to get out to try it! It had great reviews. I debated about the Montana, but I figured I'd go with the Red Canyon for a little bit more.

It's a terrific deal, whenever it began. It's camping season. It has earned its rightful place in the vaunted hallowed halls of FW really good deals...castle guards be damned! GREEN FOR THE OP!

thanks, in for 1

Im in for one, maybe ill go camping

make sure you don't have 8 guys in there. I once did that years ago and man was it a mistake. It'll stink up quickly with all that male testosterone. LOL

TY OP in for 1, going camping tomorrow

$99.99 and 2-day shipping with Prime.

Thanks OP!

debating between this one and the coleman instant tent http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4IAPU.

miserly said:   debating between this one and the coleman instant tent http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4IAPU.

As I first posted..this deal (and similar others) happen quite frequently.

If you can go down to a 6-person...you can get this one at Sears for $71 (after code: SEARS2013)

http://www.sears.com/coleman-oasis-6-person-tent/p-00627244000P?...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014