compare at $379.99
Free Shipping!

• 2 year warranty
  • 39" 1080p LED-lit
  • 60 Hz
  • 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio 
  • 2 HDMI ports
  • 1920 x 1080

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

TCL 39" 1080p LED HDTV
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The video quality is not good. Don't expect too much from this television.

I bought it for my sister for $129 after rebate for black friday from TigerDirect. she's very happy with it..

I got it a few weeks ago for a bit more.. no complaints from me for the price. The only issue I've noticed is a bit uneven lighting on a fully black screen at night, but I havent messed with the picture settings much to see if any contrast/brightness might mute that. Otherwise good picture for the price in my mind and contacted Amazon for a price match to boot. For the price, TCL is tough to beat.

Gotta come in here and say that I have the 43" version of this TV and it is beautiful. For the sound, I ordered a Logitech 2.1 speaker set that comes with a sub. Very satisfactory setup. I researched and found out the screens used in TCL TVs are manufactured by Samsung. I am pleased with this TV.

Paid $340 plus a $60 rebate for this set last year for my bedroom. Very very happy with this purchase. For the money its easily one of the best looking sets I've seen. And with a 2 year warranty I dont think you can go wrong.

Not sure, but I believe TCL uses different panels in the same model... so one TV might have an ips screen and another a TN screen, etc.

A lot of variability in peoples opinions on these may be caused by that.

SteveG

I purchased the 39" LED on Black Friday from TigerDirect's in-store door-buster sale and am very happy with it. We especially like the ultra thin bezel around the TV.

The $129 TV mentioned above is an LCD with a thicker standard bezel, but I understand TCL quality is quite good overall as they use Samsung panels.

The "worst" review in the Amazon link shows that it loses quality at angles. I'm literally spoiled by my full array LED with IPS panel. I can tell when either of those 2 things are missing in a panel. I recently bought an edge lit LED and it just doesn't look a good as a full array backlit. I've also almost bought good looking LED panels where the manufacturer might use an IPS panel or TN and once I test at angled viewing, it's pretty obvious.

I really wish full array & IPS would become default acrossed the board.

Price is now down to $299.00. Just purchased

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014