• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just called AT&T to disconnect my service because my previous promotion just expired. I told them I'm going with Comcast's 20mbps. They straight up offered their fastest available speed @ $33/mo for another 12 months. No additional equipment or installation. Just need to reset my router.

This is in Houston, TX. If you are paying more than $33 for AT&T internet, give them a call.

Member Summary

AT&T
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
when i clicked the above there is no shop now button. it is always showing $29.99 when bundled *

pavan1980 (May. 02, 2014 @ 1:24p) |

renewed for another year for 28@12Mbps.

greenearth (May. 10, 2014 @ 1:07p) |

I was just offered that as well, but the phrasing is different (and very important in light of the discussions above): i... (more)

computerquest (May. 21, 2014 @ 4:13p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the reminder OP. Forgot that it has been about a year since my last threat to cancel my AT&T, and given the new $2 equipment charge they just started you motivated me to give 'em my annual "I am going to Comcast" threat/call. They immediately lowered my bill (Uverse U450 TV and Max Internet) by $31 per month for 1 year. They bumped me up to the Max Turbo 24Mbps. Couldn't be happier.

Is there a cancellation dept to ask for, or just talk to any CSR rep?

Can someone provide the phone number to call so I can make a threat to ATT too? haha thanks.

1-800-288-2020

Charter has a 1-yr promotion they are running now: 30mbps for $29.99/mo. (Charter Internet Plus service)

Go to: http://www.charter.com/internet. Does not need to be bundled with any other service. Limited time offer.

Also included for free:
Charter Internet Plus subscribers get EPIX on charter.net, for no additional charge on EpixHD.com and streaming to internet-connected devices. EPIX comes with access to EPIX on TV, EPIX On Demand with over 150 movies, and thousands of EPIX movies streaming to your computer or mobile devices.

'Online Ordering' only for this special.

One-time installation fee of $29.99.

Free modem.
(If you also want wireless, you will need to purchase an inexpensive router at BestBuy,Newegg,etc)(I have seen them as low as $20 on Newegg)

Added: this offer may only be good for those that are not current Charter customers? ymmv

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   Charter has a 1-yr promotion they are running now: 30mbps for $29.99/mo. (Charter Internet Plus service)

...

'Omline Ordering' only for this special.


As an existing Charter customer, if you try to get this deal you're sent to a page that says "Call us." So much for the online ordering.

Thanks OP! I will check this out in the AM! I'm sick and tired of Clear Wireless crappy service and download speeds! yes, its supposed to be fast, but they oversubscribe their towers and on a GOOD day, I get 5 down, but normally 1.5. I'd like to get 10 down constantly. Going to check this out. is this with or without an AT&T home line?

DrKlahn said:   GeorgiaBulldawg said:   Charter has a 1-yr promotion they are running now: 30mbps for $29.99/mo. (Charter Internet Plus service)

...

'Omline Ordering' only for this special.


As an existing Charter customer, if you try to get this deal you're sent to a page that says "Call us." So much for the online ordering.



Your Charter link says this
See Details
only $29.99/mo each for 12 mos when bundled*


Thats each for internet, TV and phone

I put in my addy...
I see no
if I have current service to call them

yesidonoitall said:   [ Your Charter link says this
See Details
only $29.99/mo each for 12 mos when bundled*




Try scrolling down on that page? You will see the $29.99 non-bundled special they are offering. Also, this offer may only be good for those that are not current Charter customers? ymmv

My Charter
Charter TV
Basic Cable Service $25.99
BROADCAST TV SURCHARGE $2.15
Charter Internet
Internet Service $0.00
Cust Owned Modem $0.00
Internet Service $47.99
Charter Phone - Service Available
You currently do not subscribe to Charter Phone. learn more >>
If you want to order this service chat online or call us at 888-438-2427.

Monthly Service Total* $76.13 $76.13

The $76 was $40 2 years ago
Then to $50 and now even higher this year
============================================

I have no tuner box, TV is basic, I do get the locals in HD on 3 of my TV's, the other 2 only Fox and NBC in HD

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   yesidonoitall said:   [ Your Charter link says this
See Details
only $29.99/mo each for 12 mos when bundled*




Try scrolling down on that page? You will see the $29.99 non-bundled special they are offering. Also, this offer may only be good for those that are not current Charter customers? ymmv



The page is full size, no scrolling available.

yesidonoitall said:   GeorgiaBulldawg said:   yesidonoitall said:   [ Your Charter link says this
See Details
only $29.99/mo each for 12 mos when bundled*




Try scrolling down on that page? You will see the $29.99 non-bundled special they are offering. Also, this offer may only be good for those that are not current Charter customers? ymmv



The page is full size, no scrolling available.


I am not a current Charter customer. I click on the 'Shop Now' button at the link I provided. It then asks me for my phone number or address. It then takes me to a page showing me their 'Best Triple Play Bundles Options' at the top of the page. I scroll down to 'Other Offers' and that is where I find the internet only 'Internet Plus 30mbps Option' for $29.99.

Keep in mind AT&T U-Verse has a 250 GB cap. Comcast has suspended their caps in most markets pending evaluation of new (higher) caps. 24 mbps can tear through 250 GB quickly.

DSL Extreme uses the AT&T network...and no data cap. Price is $18/month for 3M, and $23/month for 6M. There's also a $25 bonus for referring a new customer. PM me if you're going to get DSL Extreme and want the $25 bonus.

E4300 said:   DSL Extreme uses the AT&T network...and no data cap. Price is $18/month for 3M, and $23/month for 6M. There's also a $25 bonus for referring a new customer. PM me if you're going to get DSL Extreme and want the $25 bonus.

It should also be noted that DSL Extreme charges some kind of extra tax regarding the leasing of AT&T's lines. I forgot exactly how much it is but it is something like $2-$3 a month for the extra tax. If you get U-Verse directly from AT&T you are not charged this extra tax.

MrVietnam said:   E4300 said:   DSL Extreme uses the AT&T network...and no data cap. Price is $18/month for 3M, and $23/month for 6M. There's also a $25 bonus for referring a new customer. PM me if you're going to get DSL Extreme and want the $25 bonus.

It should also be noted that DSL Extreme charges some kind of extra tax regarding the leasing of AT&T's lines. I forgot exactly how much it is but it is something like $2-$3 a month for the extra tax. If you get DSL directly from AT&T you are not charged this extra tax.

If you are in a "uverse" area, ATT will no longer sell you DSL.

computerquest said:   MrVietnam said:   E4300 said:   DSL Extreme uses the AT&T network...and no data cap. Price is $18/month for 3M, and $23/month for 6M. There's also a $25 bonus for referring a new customer. PM me if you're going to get DSL Extreme and want the $25 bonus.

It should also be noted that DSL Extreme charges some kind of extra tax regarding the leasing of AT&T's lines. I forgot exactly how much it is but it is something like $2-$3 a month for the extra tax. If you get DSL directly from AT&T you are not charged this extra tax.

If you are in a "uverse" area, ATT will no longer sell you DSL.


Sorry, slip of tongue...I meant to say "If you get U-Verse directly from AT&T..."

The posted price for DSL Extreme includes the $3 lease fee. U-verse requires a different DSL modem. AT&T used to provide the junk 2Wire U-verse modem for free. New users may need to buy this modem to access the U-verse DSL.

asuka said:   Keep in mind AT&T U-Verse has a 250 GB cap. Comcast has suspended their caps in most markets pending evaluation of new (higher) caps. 24 mbps can tear through 250 GB quickly.

If you are tearing thru the Comcast caps, trust me you will still get "THE LETTER".

$39 upgrade to 24 mb/s @ 12 months, big upgrade for me and saving $20 / month, thanks OP!

E4300 said:   The posted price for DSL Extreme includes the $3 lease fee. U-verse requires a different DSL modem. AT&T used to provide the junk 2Wire U-verse modem for free. New users may need to buy this modem to access the U-verse DSL.

Actually the fee I was talking about is called the Supplier Recharge Recovery Fee and that adds $2.88 to your bill each month if you use DSL Extreme. If you order directly from AT&T you don't have this charge. This charge is extra to what is posted on DSL Extreme's website. I just called DSL Customer Service - New Accounts to verify the accuracy of what I just said.

Didnt get the exact savings you got but I did save 45$ on my total bill. Im sure I was getting bamboozled before the call but Im happier with my bill. Green for you OP, thanks for posting as you gave me the motivation to call.

Beware that you are probably signing a 12-month deal to get this pricing.

The strategy here is to keep bargaining for less, and once they stop sweetening the deal, then accept their last/best offer. I called them about 2 months ago and told them I was switching to DIRECTV (I had UV Max Turbo & U200) and was paying close to $170 since my promotion rate stopped). The rep asked me if I would stay if they lowered my bill by $20. I told her it wasn't enough at which point she offered to bump me up to U300 and I agreed. With hindsight, I was I had bargained for more since I am sure they could take another $20-$30 off and still be making a profit.

AT&T Direct Cancellation Line: 1-877-999-1083
I was given this number from a AT&T rep. This is a direct line meaning the person who answers your call only deals with people who want to cancel so be ready to negotiate. They are trained to give you "sweet deals" to get you to stay. NEVER AGREE TO THEIR FIRST DEAL!! They can always go LOWER PRICE/BETTER PACKAGE! Anyone who has ever worked in sales will tell you this. Only you know how far you can push, but don't agree to their first $20 OFF deal!!

Regarding Charter - I live in the L.A. area and I had every intention of switching to the 29.99 / 24Mbps plan until I read the reviews on Yelp. Literally had a 1 star average with 50 reviews over a 2 year period. Granted this is going to vary from area to area but it sounds like Charter is even worse than Time-Warner. Just something to think about before you jump on that one.

As far as uverse, I have it now and have been happy with the service. But getting the promotional pricing has been a PIA. At one point some guy told me I would get 18mbps (fastest they have in my area) for 34.99 for a year, no contract, and after 20 minutes of BS he said the best he could do was 55, which is what I'm paying now. Finally spoke to someone who gave it me for 45. I uverse corporate and didn't hear back. Ehh, it's AT&T...

robby69 said:   asuka said:   Keep in mind AT&T U-Verse has a 250 GB cap. Comcast has suspended their caps in most markets pending evaluation of new (higher) caps. 24 mbps can tear through 250 GB quickly.

If you are tearing thru the Comcast caps, trust me you will still get "THE LETTER".


I've routinely gone past 250 GB over the past several months, no letter.

Now if you're using 750-1000GB of bandwidth, I presume you would get a letter from Comcast because often times a virus is the most common reason for that usage pattern.

I've yet to hear anyone kicked off for truly legit usage since the cap was "suspended".

Used this offer to get Blast (now 50 mbps, up to 100 with powerboost) for $39.99 with a written 12 month rate guarantee.

asuka said:   Used this offer to get Blast (now 50 mbps, up to 100 with powerboost) for $39.99 with a written 12 month rate guarantee.

Pretty sure that Blast doesn't have PowerBoost.

My bundle just went from about $145 a month to over $191. I hate making these calls, but am very glad I did. I can keep my current service and the bill is going back to around $145 - $150. Very much worth the phone call.

freejunkmail said:   Just called AT&T to disconnect my service because my previous promotion just expired. I told them I'm going with Comcast's 20mbps. They straight up offered their fastest available speed @ $33/mo for another 12 months. No additional equipment or installation. Just need to reset my router.

This is in Houston, TX. If you are paying more than $33 for AT&T internet, give them a call.


Thanks for the information.

For others thinking about this, they have a 1/2 off deal they can offer. It can apply to any level service. I was able to get the 24 Mbs service for $33 + $2 equipment fee/month. I did have to agree to a 1 year contract.

they offered me 31$ for 6Mbps or 36$ for 12Mbps

Thanks!

My promo rate just ended ($38/month 12Mbps) it increased to $51/month. I only have U-Verse internet service and Max Turbo is not available in my area.


I called (1-877-999-1083) and mentioned to cancel my service, and after very minor negotiations I got 1/2 off for the next year and 1 month credit. My monthly bill will now be $23/month 12Mbps.

Nice...

i am embarrassed at my negotiation skills now!!!

Has anyone else been impacted by ATT Uverse internet slow upload speed?
I read through the thread and no one has mentioned it.
it really is too slow...

It currently is the largest reason (and they no longer stream uverse on to xbox 360)
I am looking elsewhere...

Any suggestions?
simsk

I renegotiated my att Uverse Internet only service for 1 year contract : I shall get 12mbps speed for $26.50 + $2 equipment fee + taxes.

ScottA said:   Thanks!

My promo rate just ended ($38/month 12Mbps) it increased to $51/month. I only have U-Verse internet service and Max Turbo is not available in my area.


I called (1-877-999-1083) and mentioned to cancel my service, and after very minor negotiations I got 1/2 off for the next year and 1 month credit. My monthly bill will now be $23/month 12Mbps.

Nice...


That is quite a deal. Which area you are in & Is the new rate with a contract?

ScottA said:   Thanks!


I called (1-877-999-1083) and mentioned to cancel my service, and after very minor negotiations I got 1/2 off for the next year and 1 month credit. My monthly bill will now be $23/month 12Mbps.

Nice...


Called this number and switched my $34.95/month for Max Plus (18/1.5mbps) to $33/month for Max Turbo (24/3.0mbps) for 12 months. Nice and easy, thanks!

PhinTron said:   ScottA said:   Thanks!

My promo rate just ended ($38/month 12Mbps) it increased to $51/month. I only have U-Verse internet service and Max Turbo is not available in my area.


I called (1-877-999-1083) and mentioned to cancel my service, and after very minor negotiations I got 1/2 off for the next year and 1 month credit. My monthly bill will now be $23/month 12Mbps.

Nice...


That is quite a deal. Which area you are in & Is the new rate with a contract?


I'm in the SF Bay Area and I agreed to a 1 year contract. I been an AT&T customer for 6 years.

is this with just the internet or do you have additional att services..

I was in the same boat, and offered the same deal. For 1/2 off I am happy, at $51 monthly it was too pricey for 12mbps.


ScottA said:   Thanks!

My promo rate just ended ($38/month 12Mbps) it increased to $51/month. I only have U-Verse internet service and Max Turbo is not available in my area.


I called (1-877-999-1083) and mentioned to cancel my service, and after very minor negotiations I got 1/2 off for the next year and 1 month credit. My monthly bill will now be $23/month 12Mbps.

Nice...

Skipping 52 Messages...
greenearth said:   renewed for another year for 28@12Mbps.
I was just offered that as well, but the phrasing is different (and very important in light of the discussions above): it is 50% off, not a set amount. That means that if they increase the price (as they do every March), the amount I pay will also increase.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014