• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother HL-2240D Compact, Personal Laser Printer with Duplex

I think this is a decent price for a auto duplex laser printer. I don't know if it's wireless, but for the value I think $77.99 is decent. Toner is in-expensive too.

I apologize if this is a repost. Thank you for reading.

Learn more about the Brother HL-2240D

General
Brand
brother
Series
HL Series
Model
HL-2240D
Recommended Use
Personal
Dimensions
14.2" x 14.5" x 7.2"
Weight
15.4 lbs.

Printing
Output Type
Monochrome
Laser Technology
Laser
Black Print Speed
Up to 24 ppm
Black Print Quality
2400 x 600 dpi
Duplex printing
Yes
Max. Duty Cycle
Up to 10,000 pages monthly

Media Handling
Input Capacity, std.
250 Sheets

Ports
USB Ports
Yes

Hardware SPEC
Processor(MHz)
Memory, std.
8 MB
Cartridges Compatible
TN420, TN450, & DR420

Features
Features
Prints up to 24ppm

Automatic duplex printing for two-sided documents

Adjustable 250-sheet capacity paper tray

Compact size fits virtually anywhere

Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution

Manufacturer Warranty
Parts
1 year limited
Labor
1 year limited
Quick Info
Warranty
Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
Manufacturer Contact Info
Manufacturer Product Page
Support Phone: 1-800-284-4329

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Brother HL-2240D Compact, Personal Laser Printer with Duplex
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

HL-2240 is the standard printer, HL-2240D has duplex, HL-2240DW has duplex and wireless.

I've seen the wireless version (which I own) regularly in the $77-$85 range. At any rate, this is a great printer. The only con is that the cooling fan stays on for 8-10 minutes after printing anything.

The B004ULP9QA (all-in-one version of this printer) is also occasionally seen in the $100 range for those who want even more.

Non-OEM toner is easily found in the $10-$20 range (or even cheaper with a refill kit if you're into that). I personally would for the Merax brand, though it keeps creeping up in price.

Thx Dotbody. I just bought the wireless one. I was owing to get a wireless inkjet......but for about $50 more i get a laser printer hat prints at a fraction of the cost per page. Seems like a no brainier.

kdbrich said:   Thx Dotbody. I just bought the wireless one. I was owing to get a wireless inkjet......but for about $50 more i get a laser printer hat prints at a fraction of the cost per page. Seems like a no brainier. And the toner doesn't seem to dry up or need cleaning every other month like my inkjet does...

I had a friend give me one of these because she couldn't figure out why it wouldn't print. Seems like there is a bug where the printer thinks the toner is out. I found a method to reset it, and the thing print great! Wireless and duplex, and it prints pretty fast too! Seems like a great deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014