• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg.com has the Polk Audio PSW10 Black 10-inch (forward facing, not downward) powered subwoofer for $99 before $20 off w/ promo code EMCXSXL227, which expires 4/15. Free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290034

To me at least, this looks better than the recent Energy 10" that was for the same price. Great reviews.

Power Output: 50 watts Continuous Average Output
Dynamic Power Output: 100 watts
Frequency Response:35Hz - 200Hz
Connectors Inputs: Speaker level, line level

Outputs: Speaker level
Dimensions: 14.38" x 14" x 16.13"
Weight: 26.00 lbs
Crossover: variable 80Hz - 160Hz

Member Summary

Polk Audio PSW10 Powered Subwoofer
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good price! I bought mine $80 last year. Best sub for the price!

In for one, thanks.

not even worth a penny. I had one and it was a total POS. Save your money and get something better ...

For those of you looking to augment home theater sound, this one only goes down to 35Hz, which is not that great.

SteveG

sgogo said:   For those of you looking to augment home theater sound, this one only goes down to 35Hz, which is not that great.

Yeah, that's what they spec, but these have a solid low end. I have mine in a large room with a high ceiling and have to turn it down to not overpower the main speakers. For the price, this is very hard to beat.
Read the reviews on the Newegg site if you have doubts....almost 450 now and still at five "eggs".

Nice find, OP.

musaji said:   not even worth a penny. I had one and it was a total POS. Save your money and get something better ...any actual details other than just 'POS'?? Compared to other Sub you've tried?

Realistically 35Hz is about all you'll legitimately get from a 10" consumer-grade driver like hese make use of. I have one of these that I saw for $65 open box at best buy when I was driving all over to find an AVR-1700 on clearance and it sounds great. Of course you're not going to 'feel' this, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the sound and feel of my old EAW 15" and 18" rigs out on the road touring, but for home stereo (and at this price), its a great middle ground.

I added a JBL 8" powered sub i had laying around and after a little tuning it supplies some punchiness that was missing.

I have a def tech pro sub 800 to compare with. The sound with this one was boomy all the way no matter how hard I tried to fine tune it. I eventually had to Craigslist this one out and kept my def tech.

Do your research on subwoofers and home theater and you will learn that sub woofer is one thing you should never cheap out. It's the soul of your sound system. There is a reason why this thing is dirt cheap, which is exactly what this thing sounds like. Search this forum and avs and you will see how people comment on it.

Most people are not audiophiles and tend to give higher rating than what it deserves.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014