• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Little work needed

Centon 64GB DataStickPro USB 2.0 Flash Drive and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle

$70 (USD) MIR on Total Defense Premium ISS - TD12-2014 http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TDI-10199.pdf
Valid 04/01/2013 - 04/30/2013
This rebate MUST be postmarked within 30 days of purchase.
This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card.
NOTICE: A subscription must be activated at time of rebate redemption.

The product must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation will require a valid credit card however your subscription may be cancelled atanytime. Total Defense will verify that the product has been activated.

Text

updated title

Member Summary

Centon Bundle
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FAR?

sounds like a pain.
any free ship?

Put Total Defense Premium ISS requirement in title.

Can I install this when I have another virus scan like McAfee and remove easily later? And how long is the initial subscription time that comes with the software purchase? Tempted by the free drive (most reviews attached just talk about the drive and not the software). TIA

ohrama said:   Can I install this when I have another virus scan like McAfee and remove easily later? Tempted by the free drive (most reviews attached just talk about the drive and not the software). TIA

Most Antivirus programs don't play well together. To ensure you don't mess anything up, it would probably be wise to remove McAfee first.

sleepyhobo1 said:   ohrama said:   Can I install this when I have another virus scan like McAfee and remove easily later? Tempted by the free drive (most reviews attached just talk about the drive and not the software). TIA

Most Antivirus programs don't play well together. To ensure you don't mess anything up, it would probably be wise to remove McAfee first.

Or use a virtual environment a la VMware Player or virtualbox - both are free and can do this. The cleanest way to activate software you don't want to actually ever use is to do the following in VMware:
1) Create your virtual environment with the Windows OS of your choice (just install a trial version from your Windows install CD)
2) Power off your virtual environment (i.e. shut down the virtualized Windows)
3) Edit the .vmx file to read ide0:0.mode = "independent-nonpersistent"

When you boot up the virtual environment again, install and activate the software. The next time you power off and power on the virtual environment, there will be no trace of the software you installed and activated.

Thank you Bitem3 (and sleepyhobo1). Perhaps an incentive to learn one more tool (that I have not used)!

What's with the required additional purchase? Tiger doesn't say what qualifying purchase is beyond a computer or Office.

They should have added the following
"$70.00 Activation Rebate with Qualifying Buy-down of PC, Laptop,
Smartphone, Windows Office, Tech Bench Service or other qualifying
purchase on TigerDirect.com website
"
on the rebate form on the product page itself (unless I am blind and not able to see it). Oh well, I saw it before I bought.

Of course, the discussion assumes you'll actually receive the rebate. Too many requirements (activate software, hope you can cancel since they want you cc# up front) and too much money at risk, for me. Pass on this one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014