• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
not reposted before

Centon 64GB DataStickPro USB 2.0 Flash Drive and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle: Free after rebate!
TigerDirect has the Centon DataStick Pro 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for a FREE after rebate. $4 Shipping. Tax in FL, GA, ID, IL, NC, SD, TX. This is obviously the best price we've seen on a 64GB drive. [Compare Prices]

A subscription (to Total Defense Premium) must be activated at time of rebate redemption. First 12 months included with purchase. Your credit card will be automatically charged $79.99 annually for the life of your subscription to allow for continuous protection. Cancel your subscription at any time.

$70 rebate Exp 4/30/13

Item#: C10-1266 TD | Model#: DSP64GB-001 Bundle

List Price:
$89.98
Instant Savings:
- $19.99 (22%)
Today's Price:
$6999
Less Rebate:
- $70.00Ends 04/30/2013. See Terms. Restrictions Apply. NOTICE: A subscription must be activated at time of rebate redemption.
Final Price:
FREE* After Rebate

Shipping:
In Stock (Details)

Tiger Direct
Need a Tiger Direct coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Centon 64GB DataStickPro USB 2.0 Flash Drive and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Total Defense software registration will want a credit card.
Try a rebate debit card, or a virtual credit card # ($1).

"$70.00 Activation Rebate with Qualifying Buy-down of PC, Laptop,
Smartphone, Windows Office, Tech Bench Service or other qualifying
purchase on TigerDirect.com website"
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I do many, many rebate deals and this is one I will not touch (Total Defense).

Best to research others experiences/posts in regards to this particular rebate offer (and similar offers from Total Defense) unless you don't mind paying $70 for this flash drive.

yeah i have to agree with respdoc

playmaster said:   yeah i have to agree with respdoc

denials or hard to cancel?

OT Are these faster/reliable compared to SSDs. They're getting cheap enough (esp. if FAR) to use as a HD almost....

The rebate requires additional purchase of a PC, laptop, smartphone, etc.

I'm now trying to cancel my order...

Tarajunky said:   The rebate requires additional purchase of a PC, laptop, smartphone, etc.

$70.00 Activation Rebate with Qualifying Buy-down of PC, Laptop,
Smartphone, Windows Office, Tech Bench Service or other qualifying
purchase ??
on TigerDirect.com website

Tarajunky said:   The rebate requires additional purchase of a PC, laptop, smartphone, etc.

I'm pretty sure the flash drive falls under "other qualifying purchase". Not really debating the merits of the rebate, just pointing out a detail.

Fair enough. I wish the wording was less awkward.

R4M0N said:   Tarajunky said:   The rebate requires additional purchase of a PC, laptop, smartphone, etc.

I'm pretty sure the flash drive falls under "other qualifying purchase". Not really debating the merits of the rebate, just pointing out a detail.

FWIW 4myrebate is very reliable in my experience...

respdoc said:   I do many, many rebate deals and this is one I will not touch (Total Defense).

Best to research others experiences/posts in regards to this particular rebate offer (and similar offers from Total Defense) unless you don't mind paying $70 for this flash drive.

I looked carefully at the rebate terms and FAQ when TD had a Nexus 7 bundle but didn't bite due to lots of red here. Googling brings up lots of SD threads discussing experiences but most of those posters got their rebates in a decent amount of time (6-8 weeks). The big complaint seems to be the extra hassle of installing/activating/cancelling and the perceived risk of providing cc info. I couldn't find any pages that were devoted to Total Defense rebate horror stories though. I probably won't go for this deal but would appreciate reading any specific experiential info for when a more tempting Total Defense bundle comes along.

re: risk of providing cc info -- you can provide one of those prepaid cards from other rebates. after activation, you can spend the funds on the card immediately to prevent them from ever taking your money. Or use a prepaid card that has only $1 or $2 left on it. The most they'll do is probably a $1 hold on the card for 30 days.

I've done quite a few Total Defense rebates, with one requiring activation. I never had any problems but with that said, I'd rather stay away from a $70 rebate on something I don't need.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014