• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Arborvitaes
Disclaimer
Probably a regional deal, but all the metro Detroit Costco locations I've visited have these in stock. For reference, Home Depot sells 4-5' arborvitaes for $37.99ea.

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Available at many Costco Warehouses every year, price changes slightly (e.g. ~$2) year to year depending on product/transportation costs and may also vary by area. Usually in NE warehouses by now but had not gotten there last week; will beback to check again later this week.

Hey Hey Hey !!!!

Kudos for calling 811.

I was waiting for this. I purchased 40 of them last year and they look amazing! An awesome value!

Had these in my last property; could not sell house until a new Realtor had me remove evrey last one of the scraggly things.

This is one of those items that you don't want to buy when they are on $xx.97 clearance. I think the only water they get in the store is from the humidity in the air.

HyperX said:    I purchased 40 of them last year and they look amazing! An awesome value!

Building your own forest ?

snork615 said:   Had these in my last property; could not sell house until a new Realtor had me remove evrey last one of the scraggly things.
My realtor wanted me to plant some trees - these did the trick, actually were the realtor's advice

My wife and I just bought a home with a smaller-ish sized yard. It will be a fenced backyard with a fence that comes about 1/3 of the way up the sides of the house... would these make good 'against the fence' shrubs/trees? I also even thought about using these as an extension of the fence for a more private side yard. Looks like i need to do some landscaping research.

Thanks OP.

In NE also have
Leyland Cypress $15.99 (#5?)
Azalea $12.99/$13.99 (#5?)
Rhododendrum, Boxwood, Blueberry Bush, Larger Leyland Cypress
Usually get Knock-out Rose ~$14 probably #5 later in season

respdoc said:   HyperX said:    I purchased 40 of them last year and they look amazing! An awesome value!

Building your own forest ?

I live by a busy street. Had to replace 20 pine trees with 40 of these. Need a few more to hide garbage cans.

Dfshortguy26 said:   My wife and I just bought a home with a smaller-ish sized yard. It will be a fenced backyard with a fence that comes about 1/3 of the way up the sides of the house... would these make good 'against the fence' shrubs/trees? I also even thought about using these as an extension of the fence for a more private side yard. Looks like i need to do some landscaping research.

Thanks OP.

Definitely. These have nice height but don't get too wide, so you can plant them pretty close together.

Costco in Utah just got in the 8'-10' flowering pear trees. $40 each. Great trees. The 3 I planted 4 years ago are already 20' tall and will blossom next week.

I'd love to get some of these! Thanks for sharing~

snork615 said:   Had these in my last property; could not sell house until a new Realtor had me remove evrey last one of the scraggly things.i don't know why people red you but my friend just bought a house only after she requested the three tree removed. they were about 3 stories high right against the front of the house. they were just too tall and were unattractive.

i can understand people planting these in back as fencing but they're just not pretty at all with 3 or 4 in front of the house, especially when they started to top over a bit at the very top.

a word of caution not to plant any these on your property if you're gonna sell it.

arbor vitae = deer candy

Dfshortguy26 said:   My wife and I just bought a home with a smaller-ish sized yard. It will be a fenced backyard with a fence that comes about 1/3 of the way up the sides of the house... would these make good 'against the fence' shrubs/trees? I also even thought about using these as an extension of the fence for a more private side yard. Looks like i need to do some landscaping research.

Thanks OP.
Remember to allow some space between the fence and the trees, both for growth and for fence maintenance. When these grow right up against the fence, you'll be cursing them (or yourself) when you need to repair the fence. It's just a matter of time, no fence lasts forever.

my4mainecoons said:   arbor vitae = deer candy

My neigbor has ton of thee using as a privacy fence.. deers don't touch these.. but they do much on my holly "bush"..

This week's HomeDepot ad shows it for 16.88.
So if you want these, buying at HD this week might be better.

kooldami said:   This week's HomeDepot ad shows it for 16.88.
So if you want these, buying at HD this week might be better.

???

My HD ad says: 7-GALLON ARBORVITAE $36.98

The deer ate mine except for the top which they could not reach. They now look like lolly-pops.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014