• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable Drive and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle for $34.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

TigerDirect offers the Seagate Backup 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive in Black, model no. STBU1000100, with Total Defense Premium Internet Security for Windows for $104.99. This $70 mail-in rebate http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TDI-10199.pdf cuts it to $34.99. With about $4 for shipping

Member Summary

Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable Drive
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal but that rebate is big and scaaaary!

What does the "subscription" entail? I am guessing there is a catch here.

"NOTICE: A subscription must be activated at time of rebate redemption."

Please put after $70 rebate in title.

I do not do rebates anymore!

Arwood said:   I do not do rebates anymore!

Me neither. When I see the word rebate, it means 'Nothing to see here. Move along'.

sounds good, is Total Defense rebates reliable?

no go for rebates

anyone give a reason why this is not good? 4myrebates.com sounds good to me

shenshenstone said:   anyone give a reason why this is not good? 4myrebates.com sounds good to meBecause you have to sign up for a subscription with Total Defense and give them your credit card for auto-renewal in order to get the rebate.

Oh, and because the OP neglected to put the fact that there's a $70 rebate in the title of the thread.

Very interesting...per the rebate terms, "product must be activated prior to rebate redemption" which requires a valid credit card to start the subscription. Subscription fees will automatically be charged upon expiration of the initial term, but you may cancel your subscription at any time.

From the listing of that software on Newegg, the initial term appears to be 12 months. Should be plenty of time to keep it active until you get the rebate but...

The rebate is issued as an American Express prepaid reward card. A $2 monthly service charge is waived for the first 6 months upon receipt.

Soo...it sounds doable. Just a bit of red tape mixed in there...perhaps using a virtual CC number is a good idea for the subscription.

virtual CC number is a good idea.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014