• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've used copies of this coupon so many times that I'm sick of them. So is my wife. So is my dog.

If I had kids, they would probably weigh 300 pounds.

Knock yourselves out!

Member Summary

Thanks. I've been reluctant to use coupons like this printed from my home printer. What kind of push-back do you get and how do you counter it? Does using drive thru improve odds of success?

I tried to do a good deed a few weeks ago. I handed out several packs of B1G1 coupons to panhandlers, who welcome the coupons. Then mentioned, I wonder what would happen if you made a sign, "help a homeless person for free," and stood outside BK (on the public sidewalk) with these coupons. People could use a coupon and give the free burger to the panhandler. I'm sure that's not what BK had in mind...

Asshole local Burger King franchisee instructed all of his employees to refuse accepting anything other than glossy type color coupons that come in those mailers.

I mention this only because I eat a horsemeatDNAburger from any fast food place maybe twice a year, and tonight was going to be one of those times.

I printed this off but looking at it i'm reluctant to even try. You would think Burgerking could design something a bit more professional/realistic looking.

JesseLivermore said:   Asshole local Burger King franchisee instructed all of his employees to refuse accepting anything other than glossy type color coupons that come in those mailers.

I mention this only because I eat a horsemeatDNAburger from any fast food place maybe twice a year, and tonight was going to be one of those times.


Go to office supply. Buy a ream of glossy paper (not photo paper). Fools 'em every time.

lexcurat said:   JesseLivermore said:   Asshole local Burger King franchisee instructed all of his employees to refuse accepting anything other than glossy type color coupons that come in those mailers.

I mention this only because I eat a horsemeatDNAburger from any fast food place maybe twice a year, and tonight was going to be one of those times.


Go to office supply. Buy a ream of glossy paper (not photo paper). Fools 'em every time.


Was the original coupon in black and white print on glossy paper?

It was printed on a receipt that I got when grocery shopping at Food Lion last week. I've used copies 6-7 times. That said, I have a thermal receipt printer that I got for $35 on eBay for stuff like this.

There is no 'do not duplicate' verbage anywhere on the coupon. I haven't had any issues with it at all.

definitely use coupons only at drive thru:
(1) you tell them what you want...
(2) say u got a coupon for xyz
(3) they say ok... here's your total
(4) you pay, they give you food... and only half the time am I asked for the coupon

Put a piece of clear tape on the coupon to reinforce it. Hand them the coupon, then pull on the fishing line you tied to it.

Doesn't work as well with the money...

These coupons are printing on the receipt of every purchase I have made at the local Family Dollar for the last couple of months. I have used a few of those and have had no trouble at all using them.

Wow! I'm learning so much about coupon fraud on this thread. I just need some glossy thermal paper covered with clear tape and I'm good to go!

WishingOnAStar said:   Wow! I'm learning so much about coupon fraud on this thread. I just need some glossy thermal paper covered with clear tape and I'm good to go!

wtf are you talking about?

OP and others have said this coupon is legitimate, notwithstanding the fact that the BK nearest to me wouldn't accept it per that franchisee's manager's directive (for whatever reason).

I hadn't been to BK in a while and decided to go with a buddy and a BOGO coupon I got in the mail. Couldn't believe the prices. BK wants $3.99 for a plain, single patty Whopper. Cheese is $0.50 extra on EACH (no free cheese on the second)-and it's one slice of cheese only. So, you're talking 5 bucks plus tax for two Whoppers with cheese using the coupon.

Go to Jack in the Box any day/night of the week w/o a coupon, a Jumbo Jack w/cheese (two slices of cheese per sandwich) runs $1.99 each. And personally, I like JITB better.

You can try (2) Whoppers or other combo for $5.00 without coupon.

tallladude said:   I hadn't been to BK in a while and decided to go with a buddy and a BOGO coupon I got in the mail. Couldn't believe the prices. BK wants $3.99 for a plain, single patty Whopper. Cheese is $0.50 extra on EACH (no free cheese on the second)-and it's one slice of cheese only. So, you're talking 5 bucks plus tax for two Whoppers with cheese using the coupon.

Go to Jack in the Box any day/night of the week w/o a coupon, a Jumbo Jack w/cheese (two slices of cheese per sandwich) runs $1.99 each. And personally, I like JITB better.


The Whopper any way want you it is $3.50 each here, and sales tax is 6%, so 2 Whoppers under the BOGO deal are $3.70.

The only way local Whoppers are more is if you order them "heavy everything." which basically creates a burger that is disgusting because an ass load of mayo and every other condiment is dripping off the burger.

Whoppers aren't some kind of masterpiece, but they're twice as large and way better tasting than the running joke that is the Big Mac, and they're better tasting and less expensive than the crap at Wendy's.

I'd even argue they're at least as good and far less expensive as the ridiculously overhyped Five Guys, but not even close to In 'n Out.

That's it- you've convinced me I'm headed to bk for a heavy mayo burger for lunch!!

I remember when they had 99 cent whoppers every summer. Those were the days.

tallladude said:   I hadn't been to BK in a while and decided to go with a buddy and a BOGO coupon I got in the mail. Couldn't believe the prices. BK wants $3.99 for a plain, single patty Whopper. Cheese is $0.50 extra on EACH (no free cheese on the second)-and it's one slice of cheese only. So, you're talking 5 bucks plus tax for two Whoppers with cheese using the coupon.

Go to Jack in the Box any day/night of the week w/o a coupon, a Jumbo Jack w/cheese (two slices of cheese per sandwich) runs $1.99 each. And personally, I like JITB better.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014