• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

salt (33.81kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It's not the regular price around here. I frequent Lowes and Home Depot more than I should, and it's normally closer to ... (more)

chrispitude (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 6:11a) |

At my local BJs I get the green bag (more expensive than the yellow one) for the same price. They always have plenty. Th... (more)

mushman (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 6:55a) |

It's closer to $5 here usually in Tampa. I picked up four earlier this week and used 2 $1.00/2 coupons in last weeks cou... (more)

lovethedeal (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 11:55a) |

  • Also categorized in:

Great price, OP!

Is it this price in-store as well? I'll get an additional 5% off with my Lowes credit card, but it's a hassle making that work for Lowes.com orders (not automatic in my experience, requires reps to become involved).

chrispitude said:   Great price, OP!

Is it this price in-store as well? I'll get an additional 5% off with my Lowes credit card, but it's a hassle making that work for Lowes.com orders (not automatic in my experience, requires reps to become involved).


yes, it's in the new circular for this week.

www.lowes.com

In for 4! Will need for our swimming pool Salt Water Chorine Generator!

Wait Wait. I had a softner guy came to my house yesterday to install my GE softner and he said NEVER use pallets instead use Crystals. Pallets leaves films of grains in the inner wall of the softner thus void the warranty or minimizes the life of the softner. That was his word. Can anyone validate?

Thanks OP. In 4 10.

Morton 40 lb. pellets also available at this price. Get 6% off with Ebates and another 5% CB with Chase Freedom. If you have Chase checking, split purchases for extra CB. FWIW, SamsClub everyday price is a penny less.

Always same price at Home Depot...why is this a deal??

jhapad said:   Always same price at Home Depot...why is this a deal??

Wrong.

dorandoran said:   Wait Wait. I had a softner guy came to my house yesterday to install my GE softner and he said NEVER use pallets instead use Crystals. Pallets leaves films of grains in the inner wall of the softner thus void the warranty or minimizes the life of the softner. That was his word. Can anyone validate?
never heard that before.....think about it...salt is a chemical compound....crystals or pellets would contain the IDENTICAL ingredients with (in my best guess because I don't have any bags to look at) the exact same amount of said ingredients. if this is not the case, that might explain why, but other than that, i'd like to see the terms and conditions of a warranty that states such!

Somehow this is frequent price if not always, as I remember too.


c2013 said:   jhapad said:   Always same price at Home Depot...why is this a deal??

Wrong.

c2013 said:   jhapad said:   Always same price at Home Depot...why is this a deal??

Wrong.


I bought 3 packs of these last saturday for 3.xx each at homedepot. There were tons of these available.

jhapad said:   c2013 said:   jhapad said:   Always same price at Home Depot...why is this a deal??

Wrong.


I bought 3 packs of these last saturday for 3.xx each at homedepot. There were tons of these available.


I bought a bunch of the crystals ones at HD this week as well for under $4. They were marked higher, but rang up at that price. I almost went back and got more and probably still should. Need to keep the water softener fed.

WOW! Free in store pickup? Ya mean its free for my gas and time?

dorandoran said:   Wait Wait. I had a softner guy came to my house yesterday to install my GE softner and he said NEVER use pallets instead use Crystals. Pallets leaves films of grains in the inner wall of the softner thus void the warranty or minimizes the life of the softner. That was his word. Can anyone validate?My guy always says to use crystals, but if I recall correctly, I think it is just because the crystals are usually cheaper and there's no reason to pay more. It's just salt.

c2013 said:   Morton 40 lb. pellets also available at this price. Get 6% off with Ebates and another 5% CB with Chase Freedom. If you have Chase checking, split purchases for extra CB. FWIW, SamsClub everyday price is a penny less.

If you want MOrton 40lbs go sign up for a Shop your way rewards, They gave me so many free points when I signed up I go to Sears once a week to pick up a free bag or two. Got the softner filled with 4 extras waiting next to it.

"Lowes FREE PICK UP 40lb Water Softener Salt Pellets "

FREE PICK UP?? what the heck that means? Which store charges to pick up at store???

costco 4.xx for 50lbs.

dorandoran said:   Wait Wait. I had a softner guy came to my house yesterday to install my GE softner and he said NEVER use pallets instead use Crystals. Pallets leaves films of grains in the inner wall of the softner thus void the warranty or minimizes the life of the softner. That was his word. Can anyone validate?

I think GE will use any excuse to void a warranty I can't say about the pellets vs crystals but I only use Morton pellets. Tried some generic pellets and it made a solid nasty salt chunk in the tank, had to take it out and completely rinse it all out, major pain not to mention made a nice 2 year brown spot in the adjacent grass so I will never use anything other than Morton again.

Had bridging problems with crystals. The softener vendor told me to stick with pellets, and I've had no problems since. Thanks OP, in for 12! Green for you; ignore the red.

chrispitude said:   Had bridging problems with crystals. The softener vendor told me to stick with pellets, and I've had no problems since. Thanks OP, in for 12! Green for you; ignore the red.


People are Redding because 1. this is a pretty much regular price 2. Store pickup is always free.

jhatka said:   chrispitude said:   Had bridging problems with crystals. The softener vendor told me to stick with pellets, and I've had no problems since. Thanks OP, in for 12! Green for you; ignore the red.


People are Redding because 1. this is a pretty much regular price 2. Store pickup is always free.

Maybe the deal would get more greens if there were some exclamation points tacked on the end of the subject line.

It's not the regular price around here. I frequent Lowes and Home Depot more than I should, and it's normally closer to $5. I know, because I've needed to restock for months, I've been waiting for a sale at either place, and this was the first to come along. A dollar doesn't seem like much, but it's a 20% discount, and that becomes significant when you buy a dozen or more bags.

(and yeah, store pickup had better be free...)

At my local BJs I get the green bag (more expensive than the yellow one) for the same price. They always have plenty. This is in Edison, NJ.

It's closer to $5 here usually in Tampa. I picked up four earlier this week and used 2 $1.00/2 coupons in last weeks coupon circular. So even better for me!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014