Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

U310
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

looks fairly tasty, except you cannot upgrade the RAM.... hmmmm... what to do what to do

SteelRing said:   looks fairly tasty, except you cannot upgrade the RAM.... hmmmm... what to do what to do

In fact, you can still replace the current 4GB RAM to 8GB since it comes with one slot only.

Google "U310 wireless" or just take my word for it and stay away (I currently own one).

Also, in order to upgrade ram / hard drive, you need to break the warranty seal, thereby voiding the warranty.

Not really a deal, unless you are planning to get a tablet anyhow, and I doubt that market is very big.

For this price, you could have gotten the touchscreen U310 a couple weeks ago, and even then, I hesitated. Better deals coming...

When has a tablet become a true replacement for laptop?

dbphillips said:   Not really a deal, unless you are planning to get a tablet anyhow, and I doubt that market is very big.

For this price, you could have gotten the touchscreen U310 a couple weeks ago, and even then, I hesitated. Better deals coming...

optical said:   When has a tablet become a true replacement for laptop?

dbphillips said:   Not really a deal, unless you are planning to get a tablet anyhow, and I doubt that market is very big.

Huh? My point was - if you need a laptop and you need a tablet, this is an okay deal, since the tablet is free. Otherwise, for this money, you should get the newer unit with touchscreen.

I just got mine. Wireless does not work. It is going back to Newegg. Hopefully, I'll just take the hit for shipping.

By the way, here are the associated links:

http://ultrabooknews.com/2012/08/23/lenovo-acknowledges-u310u410...
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/My-new-...

Mine was manufactured after this issue was supposed to be fixed, but I guess it is still an issue. This is my first and last Lenovo purchase.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014