• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was cruising through the Straight Talk website when the new Cashback Watch Google Chrome Extension I just installed notified me that I can get 30% CashBack off of any phone sale (not just iPhone). 30% is really good so I went to the phone section and was suprised to see high end phones like the iphone in there.

A 16 GB iPhone 5 is going for $650 on the Straight Talk website.
With the CashBack that knocks the cost down to $455.

They also have free overnight shipping for orders over $29.99
Be Frugal is a good CB website so I dont see any issues with getting your $$$ in a timely manner.

This is for hardware only (no airtime) but there are some CB websites gives you CB for airtime.
I recently bought 6 months of airtime and got 22% CB on the purchase.

Here's a list of all the phones Straight Talk offers

Enjoy!

Member Summary

30% off iPhones
Thanks KYBOSH
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Well I just got an email saying my Straight Talk 30% CashBack is invalid for the reason they say because i didnt complet... (more)

mikeydread (May. 29, 2013 @ 2:26a) |

That makes no sense...
I read where said befrugal confirmed your CashBack after your purchase.
How could that be if you ha... (more)

KYBOSH (May. 29, 2013 @ 5:41a) |

Just curious - when should people start to see Cash Back from the original purchases?

outtawhack (Jun. 13, 2013 @ 2:06p) |

Must purchase the $45 Unlimited 30 day plan to get this smartphone. Therefore, total cost is $500 w/one month ST service.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is StraightTalk available in all of the US?

how legitimate is cashbackwatch?

Same 30% at Topcashback

This just seems too good to be true.

kennyknowhow said:   Is StraightTalk available in all of the US?
Yes, nationwide.
See coverage map

xxxxkevxxxx said:   how legitimate is cashbackwatch?

CBW is just a search engine that shows you were to go and get the best CB deals.
They dont actually give you any CB.

If this works... This is really hot. I also read that the Straight Talk version of iPhone 5 is the one with success in activation in PagePluscellular. I'm very tempted.

jebbyjoy said:   If this works... This is really hot. I also read that the Straight Talk version of iPhone 5 is the one with success in activation in PagePluscellular. I'm very tempted.

What else can you add to this? The iP5 on ST site is not shown with "VZ map"; ST provide service using multiple networks.

From what I understand... Straight Talk iPhone 5 Comes Factory Unlocked.

When I read that I pulled the trigger.

Is the nano SIM that comes with this for the AT&T or T-Mobile network?

I know nothing about Straight Talk. Can these phones be unlocked or hacked to use on the Verizon network

horizon6 said:   jebbyjoy said:   If this works... This is really hot. I also read that the Straight Talk version of iPhone 5 is the one with success in activation in PagePluscellular. I'm very tempted.

What else can you add to this? The iP5 on ST site is not shown with "VZ map"; ST provide service using multiple networks.

Apparently, the version of ip5 that ST sells is the CDMA. I'm still doing my research on this but there is a discussion on Howard forums on this ...
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1789836-iPhone-5-from-Straight-Talk-activated-on-Page-Plus-with-Success

jebbyjoy said:   horizon6 said:   jebbyjoy said:   If this works... This is really hot. I also read that the Straight Talk version of iPhone 5 is the one with success in activation in PagePluscellular. I'm very tempted.

Apparently, the version of ip5 that ST sells is the CDMA. I'm still doing my research on this but there is a discussion on Howard forums on this ...
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1789836-iPhone-5-from...

From what I understand the ST iPhone is a CDMA/GSM phone.
All sim cards will work with it but you need to cut your card to get it down to nano specs.
Since LTE is disabled (from the apple factory), you can activate this phone with any CDMA carrier if they allow you to BYOD.

This is a perfect phone for prepaid users or people who want to upgrade and BYOD.

jebbyjoy said:   horizon6 said:   jebbyjoy said:   If this works... This is really hot. I also read that the Straight Talk version of iPhone 5 is the one with success in activation in PagePluscellular. I'm very tempted.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1789836-iPhone-5-from...

Thanks.

The iP5 likely multi-network capable. Seems ST may be offering iP5 on Sprnt network. Need to check.

Will appreciate info from others as this deals SEEMS very interesting.

Interesting, i thought ST is using AT&T network.

The website said it give 30% for the $45 unlimited plan. Anyone confirm if it does work? Also what about phone bundle with $45 plan? Will it get 30% Cash Back as well?

Also st iPhone 5,4s,4 all use verzion native network with no roaming and no lte only 3G data speed. And yes the sim slot on iPhone 5 is confirmed to be unlocked.

I have the iPhone5 with StraightTalk CDMA and it is using the Verizon network. I have as good service wit mine as wife does on her Verizon iPhone on 3G and talk. Glad i got the iPhone 5, an awesome phone. No SIM card and nothing to unlock. Bought iPhone 5 and time card from WalMart and was easy to set up. Sky

I have one iPhone 4s and 1 iPhone 4 on ST, both are linked to ATT, both have micro sims.
My personal phone is also ST Android, no sim, linked to TracFone.

What is your 3G data speed? Do you get your data throttled? And what is your data usage per month? I'm debating if should switch to st tmobile byop or get iPhone 5 st.

raymchan said:   I have the iPhone5 with StraightTalk CDMA and it is using the Verizon network. I have as good service wit mine as wife does on her Verizon iPhone on 3G and talk. Glad i got the iPhone 5, an awesome phone. No SIM card and nothing to unlock. Bought iPhone 5 and time card from WalMart and was easy to set up. Sky

ak11228 said:   The website said it give 30% for the $45 unlimited plan. Anyone confirm if it does work? Also what about phone bundle with $45 plan? Will it get 30% Cash Back as well?

Click on "Cash Back Terms" in the lower left bottom of the window and it says:

Straight Talk Cash Back
Terms & Exclusions for Straight Talk:
30% Cash Back on Phone Sales
Cash Back valid on the purchase price of phones only. Airtime, minutes, and plans are not eligible for Cash Back.

Seems misleading to me as at first look it does appear that they're giving 30% Cash Back on airtime.

no contracts w/ Straight Talk right?

Can I just only buy the HUAWEI Ascend II Reconditioned $29.99 and use as a wifi phone etc?

Befrugal also seems to have 20% CashBack with the Nexus 4 against PlatinumTel.

Add Nexus 4, SIM and $40 monthly plan to the cart. Then apply the code PTELSTUD25. Brings total to $333 before the 20% CashBack.

Is ST iphone 4 and 4s GSM or CDMA or both? Meaning, can it be unlocked to use on Tmobile or ATT or Sprint? TIA!

Hi,

I am looking to get nexus4, but may switch to some other provider later on. wondering if the CashBack is still valid after using a coupon code, and whether the CashBack has any restriction on having to use that phone with platinumtel for a period of time, while CashBack is processing?

Thanks

kleinbiker said:   Befrugal also seems to have 20% CashBack with the Nexus 4 against PlatinumTel.

Add Nexus 4, SIM and $40 monthly plan to the cart. Then apply the code PTELSTUD25. Brings total to $333 before the 20% CashBack.

Hhoudini said:   Same 30% at Topcashback

Careful with TCB... I've heard mixed reviews about the way they honor/credit that CB.

What CashBack site did you use to get the 22% back on airtime?

newtonsheir said:   What CashBack site did you use to get the 22% back on airtime?

The actually SUCKED so bad I rather not give them a shout out.
Had to bug them regularly for every CB claim.
System never updated to show whether or not you'll be getting credit.
They'll tell you should see your CB status update within X days but the only thing you could rely on with this outfit is the fact they will miss deadlines and stall you when you ask for updates. Threatened to cancel and SURPRISE all my CB was in my PP account the next day.

Kicked them to the curb anyway. That was a truly stressful experience. It was really all about expectations.
You dont appreciate the big boys (Fatwallet, Ebates, BeFrugal, etc) until you have to deal with clowns like this one.

If I had know they were a clown school outfit I might have been willing to cut them some slack but I thought EVERYBODY tracked CashBack as well as the well known names I mentioned before. Boy was I wrong!

I just signed up with BeFrugal and clicked on the Cash Back link to Straight Talk twice, but both times it didn't show up in my click history- I'm skeptical that they will actually give me my Cash Back if I click the link and make the order- I can see them saying I didn't go through the proper process (still happens to me on this site, although I'm not sure how/why).

Anyone successfully do this and have the Cash Back show as pending?

Click
Disclaimer
johnnybs said:   I just signed up with BeFrugal and clicked on the Cash Back link to Straight Talk twice, but both times it didn't show up in my click history- I'm skeptical that they will actually give me my Cash Back if I click the link and make the order- I can see them saying I didn't go through the proper process (still happens to me on this site, although I'm not sure how/why).

Anyone successfully do this and have the Cash Back show as pending?

When you click on the SHOP NOW link a popup window will appear with your click tracking number.

It looks like this:

rebateguys said:   Hi,

I am looking to get nexus4, but may switch to some other provider later on. wondering if the CashBack is still valid after using a coupon code, and whether the CashBack has any restriction on having to use that phone with platinumtel for a period of time, while CashBack is processing?

Thanks

kleinbiker said:   Befrugal also seems to have 20% CashBack with the Nexus 4 against PlatinumTel.

Someone here ordered the Nexus 4 with the coupon code and got pending Cash Back - http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1787429-Any-New-PTEL-Deals?p=15111461

As ST pays affiliates 22% by default, and it looks like 25% for the fhatwallet, this could fly

KYBOSH said:   Hhoudini said:   Same 30% at Topcashback

Careful with TCB... I've heard mixed reviews about the way they honor/credit that CB.

So Far so good. I have bought 18 phones. Had to file missing claims on a couple, but they "found them". Still have to wait 14 weeks to get paid out. They also pay 1.5% for giftcard mall visas... I have heard mixed results as well... Fingers crossed and ready to stay on top of them!

This looks pretty hot.. Anyone had success placing orders yet?

Does anyone know or confirm that if you buy the iphone 5 that you can use it to swap devices on VZW? Have a friend that wants a iphone, but doesn't want to renew contract to get one? Thanks for any guidance.

The Tmob iPhone is already $80 cheaper, and has more bands and is unlocked. Might be worth the hassle. I'm using it now on my MVNO. 4 gig soft cap, $49+ tax. AT&T roaming, Tmob primary. No hassles yet. I'll say it again, for a few $ more, I'll pass on ST.

I know it works for a lot of people but I've heard too many horror stories, and I don't like WM. I think China has enough of our money.

I signed up at Befrugal and placed order for iPhone 5 on Straight Talk. No issues, everything went through and the transaction shows up in my Befrugal account. I did have to pay for first months service and tax but shipping was free.

beachfitrob said:   The Tmob iPhone is already $80 cheaper, and has more bands and is unlocked. Might be worth the hassle. I'm using it now on my MVNO. 4 gig soft cap, $49+ tax. AT&T roaming, Tmob primary. No hassles yet. I'll say it again, for a few $ more, I'll pass on ST.

I know it works for a lot of people but I've heard too many horror stories, and I don't like WM. I think China has enough of our money.

Where do u think iPhones are made?

Skipping 29 Messages...
Just curious - when should people start to see Cash Back from the original purchases?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014