• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
GPDMAJ said:   Does anyone know or confirm that if you buy the iphone 5 that you can use it to swap devices on VZW? Have a friend that wants a iphone, but doesn't want to renew contract to get one? Thanks for any guidance.
Based on my reading at HoFo (have been thinking of switching to VZW pre-paid), unless your friend purchases outright from Apple or VZW, he will not be able to use LTE. The StraightTalk iPhone 5 has CDMA enabled, but LTE is not. Verizon does not allow LTE on their pre-paid plans nor do they allow MVNO(e.g. PageTel, StraightTalk) customers to use LTE. The other option would be to purchased used on CL, eBay, etc.

How long did it take to show up in your account. I just place an order for an iphone 5 too, but it has not shown up in my account.

beachfitrob said:   I know it works for a lot of people but I've heard too many horror stories, and I don't like WM. I think China has enough of our money.

That doesn't make any sense. The company you're boycotting is an American business but the phone you're buying is made in China.

from what I read in terms and conditions of Cash Back sites is following:

Straight Talk Cash Back
Terms & Exclusions for Straight Talk:
30% Cash Back on Phone Sales
Cash Back valid on the purchase price of phones only. Airtime, minutes, and plans are not eligible for Cash Back.
Learn more about BeFrugal.com Cash Back

they might not honor Cash Back when you go to my account page to renew your airtime.

Why I dind't see 30% CB anywhere?

The ST site will not sell a phone without including an airtime purchase. The Smartphones all require the $45 Unlimited 30 day plan.

Is there any catch to this? Do I have to enter any contract of some kind with ST or activate the phone, or am I free to do as I wish once I get the phone?

P.S. (I plan on signing up for ST using the airtime card, just on a different unlocked phone that I have lying around. My little brother wants the iphone 5 @ a discount, no strings attached).

ST is a Prepaid month to month service.
No contracts and no other commitments.
Phone is both GSM and CDMA.
It is completely unlocked and will operate on all GSM networks and most CDMA networks (haven't heard of one that it wont work on).

Phone comes with a SIM card and a month of service which you can activate if you so choose. Or not.

Phone just came in the mail.
Sealed iphone + sim card + $45 top up card.

Will sell Sim+Top-Up and should get more than the $45 I paid for it when ordering the phone.
Will keep an eye on BeFrugal over then next couple of days to see how long it takes for the delivery/CB to register on my account.

FYI
Phone comes with iOS 6.1.2 which can be Jailbroken.

KYBOSH said:   Phone just came in the mail.

Will sell Sim+Top-Up and should get more than the $45 I paid for it when ordering the phone.
Will keep an eye on BeFrugal over then next couple of days to see how long it takes for the delivery/CB to register on my account.

FYI
Phone comes with iOS 6.1.2

hi, can you confirm if the phone is both CDMA and GSM? are the GSM slots factory unlocked so ppl can just plug in ATT and Tmobile? thanks.

wiru

wiru said:   
hi, can you confirm if the phone is both CDMA and GSM? are the GSM slots factory unlocked so ppl can just plug in ATT and Tmobile? thanks.

wiru

Shave your sim down to size and enjoy.
Just finished talking on it now.

How to cut your own Nano SIM card (with easy PDF template)

KYBOSH said:   wiru said:   

wiru

Shave your sim down to size and enjoy.
Just finished talking on it now.

How to cut your own Nano SIM card (with easy PDF template)

hi, what carrier are you using your new iphone 5 for now? thanks.

wiru

KYBOSH said:   Phone just came in the mail.

FYI
I don't understand why did Straight Talk send you a sim card, for a cdma phone? (I know it does have a sim card slot, and is gsm carrier unlocked, but ST does not promote the phone like this).

Yo Ma-Ma said:   KYBOSH said:   Phone just came in the mail.

FYI
I don't understand why did Straight Talk send you a sim card, for a cdma phone? (I know it does have a sim card slot, and is gsm carrier unlocked, but ST does not promote the phone like this).

The iPhone 4s and 5 have sim card slots. The iPhone 5 needs it since its LTE.

wiru said:   
hi, what carrier are you using your new iphone 5 for now? thanks.

wiru

Right now I'm using Lycamobile (prepaid) which has an unlimited Talk, Text & Data for $29 a month.

See thread here: T-Mobile Reseller Lycamobile's Cheap Unlimited Talk & Text ($19) & Cheap Paygo (2c a minute)

Correction: The phone did not come with a SIM card.
It came with an insert that has the phone's IMIE number on it so you can activate the phone by way of CDMA.
Sim slot still works fine though.

Maybe AirTime Too?
Disclaimer
Seems TopCashBack is now offering 30% off of Straight Talk purchases as well.

Funny... they don't have any language stating that the CB offer is for phones only....

KYBOSH said:   Correction: The phone did not come with a SIM card.
It came with an insert that has the phone's IMIE number on it so you can activate the phone by way of CDMA.

What model number is it? If it has TMO bands, this is super hot.

mikeydread said:   I signed up at Befrugal and placed order for iPhone 5 on Straight Talk. No issues, everything went through and the transaction shows up in my Befrugal account. I did have to pay for first months service and tax but shipping was free.

Did u get 30% on ur first month refill as well? Or just the phone?

I went on the befrugal website then to the ST page and clicked on the "Free Motorola W418G w/ New Plan Purchase" link. An offer for a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (refurbished) was shown for $59.99, after clicking the "buy now" button it asks for a zip code, but when I enter a zip code (I've tried quite a few different zip codes) I enter I get a page that states...
"404 Invalid path /Error was requested
/bpdirect/StraightTalk/PhoneDetails.do was not found on this server.
Resin/3.1.12"

The only zip code that would give a different result is 59801 (verizon only) where a pop up states "We're sorry. This offer is not available in your area. Please enter a different zip code."

Anybody know of a valid zip code to enter so I can purchase the phone????

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Coop1979 said:   KYBOSH said:   Correction: The phone did not come with a SIM card.

MD105LL/A

iPhone 5's are unlocked so it will work with TMO

$200+ CB is now showing as pending in my BeFrugal account.
So far so good.

22% now

KYBOSH said:   Coop1979 said:   KYBOSH said:   Correction: The phone did not come with a SIM card.

MD105LL/A

OK, this model does not appear to be the newest model released a few weeks ago that includes the TMO HSPA bands. So less hot if you are a TMO user.

got on this deal

iPhone 5 16GB + 1 month unlimited plan: $695.00
Freight Total : + $14.95
Freight Discount Total : -$14.95
Tax: + $43.44

Grand Total: $738.44

The befrugal showed "Pending $152.90" about 2 to 3 hours later. Thanks OP.

So, the 22% Cash Back was applied to both the phone and the monthly service purchased.
I will use the 1st month service through ST and purchased subsequent service from cheaper alternative. Any good suggestion?

Well I just got an email saying my Straight Talk 30% CashBack is invalid for the reason they say because i didnt complete the sale from their linkback. This is not true, I followed the CashBack requirements to a tee but yet they wait until the 35th day to notify me of my CashBack being denied when i can only return after 30 days. Anyone know any kind of recourse i may have to either getting my CashBack or returning the phone for a refund? thanks, and by the way, i have never had a problem with FatWallet CashBack, it pays like a slot!

mikeydread said:   Well I just got an email saying my Straight Talk 30% CashBack is invalid for the reason they say because i didnt complete the sale from their linkback. This is not true, I followed the CashBack requirements to a tee but yet they wait until the 35th day to notify me of my CashBack being denied when i can only return after 30 days. Anyone know any kind of recourse i may have to either getting my CashBack or returning the phone for a refund? thanks, and by the way, i have never had a problem with FatWallet CashBack, it pays like a slot!

That makes no sense...
I read where said befrugal confirmed your CashBack after your purchase.
How could that be if you hadnnt used their link tomdo it?

I dont know much about appealing denials like this.
I would give them a call for a more detailed explaination and see if you can appeal.

I imagine they didnt get paid by ST but the question is why.
Ask them to resubmit the ticket to ST if possible.
Something is amiss.

Just curious - when should people start to see Cash Back from the original purchases?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014