• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shoe cabinet on Amazon.com only $129 with Free Shipping
White Shoe Cabinet
Black Shoe Cabinet

Update: nevermind, i just learned these aren't actually ikea. new to fatwallet, please excuse the mistake.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Ikea Hemnes Shoe Cabinet (6.02kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
so what is done these days? twit in?

missywhims (Apr. 19, 2013 @ 7:05p) |

This can't hold many pairs of shoes, can it? says min 12 pairs of shoes.

discounted (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 8:04a) |

Hey @discounted - I'm not sure. I look at all the ikea one's and they all say min. 12 pairs - but this one is by another... (more)

missywhims (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 8:01p) |

*Not an Ikea Hemnes Shoe Cabinet*
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

missywhims said:   
Ikea shoe cabinet on Amazon.com only $129 with Free Shipping

Save the trek to ikea with the free shipping... nice.



Another sorry excuse for self-promotion.


Have fun with that ban...nice.

Thank you. I have been looking for something like this.

missywhims said:   ikea doesn't ship and even if they do, they charge $99!

Huh? How does a store that doesn't ship have a shipping charge?

well, it depends. They usually don't ship to all zip codes or for all items, like to remote areas.
I punched in my So. Cal zip code on the ikea website for that item and it came up as $99.

you have to add it to cart and then enter in zip to calculate shipping: ikea's page

The "legit" Ikea Hemnes cabinet has only two legs to allow the back to clear the baseboard as per Ikea "This cabinet must be fastened to the wall; the back panel has predrilled holes to make it easier."

@happypants - that is a good point
So with the 2 legs on the back the cabinet won't be flush against the wall and would have to be free standing.
Maybe will have to saw off the legs, haha.

missywhims said:   @happypants - that is a good point
So with the 2 legs on the back the cabinet won't be flush against the wall and would have to be free standing.
Maybe will have to saw off the legs, haha.


When you try to sell fake "Ikea" furniture...you have issues.

missywhims said:   @happypants - that is a good point
So with the 2 legs on the back the cabinet won't be flush against the wall and would have to be free standing.
Maybe will have to saw off the legs, haha.


I think happypants is making the point that the cabinet in your post isn't an IKEA cabinet but a knockoff.

oh i didn't realize.
how do I delete the post then? don't want to mislead people.

vbmint said:   Thank you. I have been looking for something like this.

Joined Tuesday, April 16th 2013, 1 post. Hello shill

missywhims said:   
how do I delete the post then?




The mods will gladly delete this and your account...if you continue trying to sell your junk furniture here.

You can edit your post

You should edit your title as well...

thanks for the tip!

missywhims said:   Update: nevermind, i just learned these aren't actually ikea. new to fatwallet, please excuse the mistake.

Welcome to FW. Some folks will be a bit harsh if they suspect referrals/self-promotion from brand new accounts. Don't be discouraged. Keep looking for good deals to share on FW and vet them more carefully before posting. Once you build a post history/reputation here, even if you make an occasional unintentional error, folks will be less quick to cry foul and simply provide advice on correcting your post.

thanks @fivetalents, I appreciate it.

fivetalents said:   missywhims said:   Update: nevermind, i just learned these aren't actually ikea. new to fatwallet, please excuse the mistake.

Welcome to FW. Some folks will be a bit harsh if they suspect referrals/self-promotion from brand new accounts.


And rightfully so. Not only is the member new, but the Amazon seller is also. This "seller" is also the only one that has this item. The item for sale is also a brand new listing as of today.

No where would there be any indication of a hot deal based on: price, reviews, etc. The only way to "sell" this product would be trying to compare it to something costing more. No where on the product listing page does it say "Ikea" or even the same drawer knobs. The second shill account just adds to the above.

this is a very active community.
seriously, I'm just new to this - when I saw the items on Amazon it looked very similar and what I was looking for; free shipping compared to driving 30 miles to the closest ikea seemed like a good deal.

I'm learning and I thank everyone for the candid and open feedback - lesson learned!

respdoc said:   And rightfully so. Not only is the member new, but the Amazon seller is also. This "seller" is also the only one that has this item. The item for sale is also a brand new listing as of today.

No where would there be any indication of a hot deal based on: price, reviews, etc. The only way to "sell" this product would be trying to compare it to something costing more. No where on the product listing page does it say "Ikea" or even the same drawer knobs. The second shill account just adds to the above.


I'm not questioning the validity of anyone's concerns. I'm just allowing for the possibility that an honest mistake may have been made by a new member who could prove to be a valuable contributor to FW over time. The 'evidence,' while damning, is circumstantial. A better indicator of 'guilt' is a person's behavior over time.

missywhims said:    ...I punched in my So. Cal zip code on the ikea website for that item.....

Punched in? This is 2013, not 1973. You don't "punch in" these days

so what is done these days? twit in?

This can't hold many pairs of shoes, can it? says min 12 pairs of shoes.

Hey @discounted - I'm not sure. I look at all the ikea one's and they all say min. 12 pairs - but this one is by another designer.
All the dimensions do say 35" width - I've seen my cousin use one of these for women's shoes and a lot more than 12 pairs, probably 18 to 20 pairs of women's shoes. But for guys shoes depending on the width - probably more like 13-15 depending on how you squeeze it in the 4 compartments



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014