• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Westinghouse 46" Class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV

Walmart Link

Walmart
Need a Walmart coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Westinghouse 46" Class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone "on the fence" about buying this TV?

DO IT.

I bought this same TV at Costco for ~600 1.5 years back and it has been great.

Sound is weak but most LCD/LED slim panel TV's are. With the money saved, buy a sound bar and be happy.

The cup is always half-full.

I have this exact TV. When it works correctly, it is a decent TV, especially at this price.

But, it has it's issues. When using the remote, ANY remote, it will randomly jump to the setup screen. It doesn't matter
if you are adjusting volume, changing channels, whatever.

Occasionally, will just turn off.

Has other issues, if you google it, that I didn't experience.

But, I am currently waiting on a replacement unit from Westinghouse, because mine crapped out on me.

SAVE YOUR RECEIPT AND BOX. Odds are, you will need it.

To add - I bought this TV for a bedroom TV.

At this price, even with the problems, I would probably buy it now. ONLY at this price though.

Don't bother. If you do bother, be sure to save your receipt AND box. It will probably die in a year. I had a horrible time in the RMA process, took 3 months, the representative lied to me twice (saying I'm covered, then not covered, then claimed they shipped it but didn't, etc). The replacement TV has problems where it won't turn on unless I unplug it from the AC outlet.

Also, when I RMA'ed, they shipped the same exact TV back to me which was still broken. I could tell it was my old TV as it had remains of the styrofoam I packed in.

I just saw a Westinghouse 46" LED for $350 after rebate at TigerDirect. Is it the same one?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Y3ll0wSlack3r said:   I just saw a Westinghouse 46" LED for $350 after rebate at TigerDirect. Is it the same one?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Different model number.

STILL waiting for them to ship my replacement back to me. Was told that they are waiting for a shipment of
this model to come to them before they can ship them out. WTF!!?? Don't THEY MAKE them??

I'm not sure if the Westinghouse of today makes much of anything in the consumer electronics sector. I wouldn't be surprised if they're like the many other lower tier brands who simply pay the real manufacturer to slap their label on, or are just a brandname owned by one of those manufacturers. Being a FWer however, none of that would deter me from buying one of their TVs given the right price.

KuoH

wolfsmane said:   WTF!!?? Don't THEY MAKE them??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014