• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Pnatech Element P4100
Disclaimer
The Pantech Element P4100 Android Tablet is one of the best deals lately at this price. Unlike many no-name tablet makers, Pantech has a pretty decent website, is well spoken of in the Android community and has a recent free upgrade to Android 4.04 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Operating System. In comparing the specs it shares the same dual core processor as many of the touted Samsung products in the past year, and compares well. The build quality is excellent, it has great battery life (6,400mah), and has Google Play installed. For those who like to tinker, there is a wealth of info on rooting if you take the time to search. Goggle is our friend!

This is a good tablet to watch for dropping prices and deals. Specials of 10% to 20% Off or more have come up recently. Plus, AT&T offers a 3G and 4G capability for this Tablet if desired. They are currently selling this for the same price but must add a 2 yr. data plane at $15 to $60 a month.

Yes, this is a refurb, but I did buy one and it appeared brand new except for a different AC Adapter/Charger. Not a mark or fingerprint on the one I or some others have recently received.

Ebay Purchase For Pantech Element

Here are some brief specs and Links:

Pantech Element 8" Screen P4100 Speed Tests

1.5GHZ Dual core processor:
1.5-GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ 8060 CPU
1GB memory with 16GB internal storage
32GB (64GB also?) Micro SD capable
Google Play already installed
6,400mah Battery and up to 12 hours of run time (Longer Standby)

Plus More.. ..
Why Android Ice Cream Sandwich MAY be a better choice than the new Jelly Bean OS: ICS vs: Jelly Bean

Early Review & Comparison

Pantech Element Support

Member Summary

Pantech Element P4100
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why would I spend $180 on a Pantech refurb when I could get something like this for less? AT&T LTE? Meh! Try selling this on Craigslist and see how much of your $180 you'll get back.

Because the Pantech has an 8" 4:3 screen which is considered more useful and practical, more memory (16GB vs. 8 in Samsung), battery life is better, and in other respects, the Pantech compares well speed wise with that particular Samsung. Also, well, Newegg. . . sometimes ok, sometimes not. As far as selling on craigslist. .. same thing goes for any tech item even the Samsung you posted.

Each to his own. IMHO. . I compared and the Pantech Element, which sold for $300 to $400, is a well made tablet.

Besides. . as the I indicated, watch for additional mark downs of possibly 20% or more and then the price is well under $147.

things to add, this tablet is thin, light and (somewhat) waterproof

Good point. Here's a YouTube Video of it being soaked with power on, and then working after the capacitive screen is dried off a bit.

Pantech Element Under Water Test

This may be a hot tablet at this price point, but $179.99 for it is not a Hot Deal.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1265875/ (Upgradeable Honeycomb version was selling for $149.99)

The above deal is no longer available. Ergo. . if you read my full text you will see I allude to that price. I posted this as a touch stone to WATCH for further price reductions as they pop up sometimes for only a day. So, a potential hot deal for sure.

And, in my opinion, it is a *hot deal* compared to the original selling price and AT&T is selling for the same price, BUT you MUST purchase a 2 year data plan to get this price. So that makes it a pretty decent deal. It does help to consider and read all available info.

I own this table and like it. Unlocked it for $2 and upgraded the OS.

prayerfails said:   I own this table and like it. Unlocked it for $2 and upgraded the OS.

does your sound still work after the upgrade?? having issues!

i get the AT&T logo splash with sound, but nothing in the OS works!

do i need to enable/disable something?

Did you check the sound level in the Settings? I seem to remember my sound being turned down all the way after I upgraded. All works great for me. Did you make sure you waited till the upgrade was fully completed?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014