• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this ok deal, but I thought I'll just post it , someone might like.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=75-100-066

REBATE INSTRUCTIONS.
http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/Newegg...

Member Summary

Apple iPhone 5 White 4G LTE
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Apple Iphone for $600? They must have been living in the past.

shunja said:   Apple Iphone for $600? They must have been living in the past.

Is there any place which sells it for less?

mxf said:   shunja said:   Apple Iphone for $600? They must have been living in the past.

Is there any place which sells it for less?

Iphone is no longer hot, and the recent Apple shares drop is a valid confirmation.

I guess nobody is buying them. Only 47.8 million units sold Q1 2013.

Good deal if you don't want a contract.

cheaper if you buy the combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1191832
$598 after rebate plus a free earphone.

iPhone 5 sux. I regret buying it coming from Android. Now I am stuck with it for 2 years, well, about 1 1/2 left on my contract.

No Flash.
If I want to do anything, I have to use iTunes to do it.
Too restrictive.
Screen is way to small. (They made it taller, not wider, LOL)
Battery life sux.
Cant use the iPhone as a flash drive.
When I plug the iPhone in to a computer via USB, I can only access the pictures.
I cannot attached a PDF files in an email.
The list goes on and on and on ....

marayatano said:   iPhone 5 sux. I regret buying it coming from Android. Now I am stuck with it for 2 years, well, about 1 1/2 left on my contract.

No Flash.
Too restrictive.
Battery life sux.
When I plug the iPhone in to a computer via USB, I can only access the pictures.

iPhone 5 has a flash!

I have an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4 and the iPhone 5 has triple the battery life of the Nexus 4. Literally. I have to charge my Nexus 4 every night and go 3 days in the iPhone 5 easy. And I never use iTunes for anything at all, not for 18 months now. Although it's not like Apple makes that really easy...

How iPhone handles attachments does baffle me at times, but I never actually wanted to attach a PDF to an email on my phone before. Not even on my Nexus 4 where I could actually do it if I wanted (I guess). But hey, every device has its weirdnesses. I use the google talk client on my Nexus 4 all the time and you cannot send a picture via Google Talk on it! If you select a picture you can share it in 6 ways on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean): Bluetooth, Picasa, SMS, Google+, Google Keep, Google Drive, or you can email it (there may be Twitter and Facebook add-ons, I don't use either, so I don't know). Meanwhile on iPhone 5 I can share a picture via: email, SMS, iMessage, Photo Stream, Twitter or Facebook.

And heck Google, why can't you have an equivalent to "find my iPhone"? Google only has that for enterprise users.

The list goes on and on and on...

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   marayatano said:   iPhone 5 sux. I regret buying it coming from Android. Now I am stuck with it for 2 years, well, about 1 1/2 left on my contract.

No Flash.
Too restrictive.
Battery life sux.

iPhone 5 has a flash!

I have an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4 and the iPhone 5 has triple the battery life of the Nexus 4. Literally. I have to charge my Nexus 4 every night and go 3 days in the iPhone 5 easy. And I never use iTunes for anything at all, not for 18 months now. Although it's not like Apple makes that really easy...

How iPhone handles attachments does baffle me at times, but I never actually wanted to attach a PDF to an email on my phone before. Not even on my Nexus 4 where I could actually do it if I wanted (I guess). But hey, every device has its weirdnesses. I use the google talk client on my Nexus 4 all the time and you cannot send a picture via Google Talk on it! If you select a picture you can share it in 6 ways on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean): Bluetooth, Picasa, SMS, Google+, Google Keep, Google Drive, or you can email it (there may be Twitter and Facebook add-ons, I don't use either, so I don't know). Meanwhile on iPhone 5 I can share a picture via: email, SMS, iMessage, Photo Stream, Twitter or Facebook.

And heck Google, why can't you have an equivalent to "find my iPhone"? Google only has that for enterprise users.

Flash as in Adobe Flash. I cannot go on the some websites with the iPhone and see whatever requires flash. I am not referring to the camera flash.

As for PDF attachments, I need it so I can read certain documents on my phone when I am not in the office and I need to look/read them while I am on the train or waiting (waiting room). When I had my Android phone, I could download and attach PDF files, as well as pictures, etc. ... and I think, if I remember, multiple attachments.

As for battery life on my iPhone 5 (newest tech) it is the same as my 4 year old technology Droid 1. After 4 years, I thought battery tech would have changed by leaps and bounds by now.

On my iPhone, I cannot find a way to download songs WITHOUT iTunes. Same with ring tones.

Selling fast at $625 on eBay Link I personally think that's crazy. So this deal is better if you don't have to pay tax for some who want it.

Puffin Browser for Flash.....And Jailbreak for all your other needs

marayatano said:   HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   marayatano said:   iPhone 5 sux. I regret buying it coming from Android. Now I am stuck with it for 2 years, well, about 1 1/2 left on my contract.

No Flash.
Too restrictive.
Battery life sux.

iPhone 5 has a flash!

Flash as in Adobe Flash. I cannot go on the some websites with the iPhone and see whatever requires flash. I am not referring to the camera flash.

As for PDF attachments, I need it so I can read certain documents on my phone when I am not in the office and I need to look/read them while I am on the train or waiting (waiting room). When I had my Android phone, I could download and attach PDF files, as well as pictures, etc. ... and I think, if I remember, multiple attachments.

As for battery life on my iPhone 5 (newest tech) it is the same as my 4 year old technology Droid 1. After 4 years, I thought battery tech would have changed by leaps and bounds by now.

On my iPhone, I cannot find a way to download songs WITHOUT iTunes. Same with ring tones.

Nothing has Adobe flash anymore. Not even Android phones. If your existing Android phone has flash, hold on to it because your next one won't.

I've never wanted to send a PDF from my phone because the only way I get PDFs to my phone is via email and then I can just forward it if I want to send it out. You can send pictures on iPhone no problem. You cannot send multiple attachments on an iPhone as far as I know.

Nope, battery life hasn't changed much. Bigger screens take more power. People use their phones more, devices have gotten smaller. There are specialized (i.e. larger) Android phones with longer battery life. Motorola sells a couple. But the standard is about 1-2 days battery life, which the iPhone 5 falls right in the middle of.

I've downloaded music to my iPhone without iTunes using the Amazon music downloader app. There are other ways too I'm sure. They will not show in the iTunes music player app if you transfer them this way I don't think. You have to use the app you downloaded them to play them. I do consider this odd. Like I said, it's not like Apple makes it easy. Note you can use the Image Capture app (or any MTP program I think) to get videos off your iPhone, something else that is kind of hard to do without iTunes.

marayatano said:   HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   marayatano said:   iPhone 5 sux. I regret buying it coming from Android. Now I am stuck with it for 2 years, well, about 1 1/2 left on my contract.

No Flash.
Too restrictive.
Battery life sux.

iPhone 5 has a flash!

- New Android devices also don't have Flash. Both have third party applications that can provide you with Flash functionality
- iTunes is take it or leave it
- "Too restrictive" how?
- Can't help you with screen size, clearly a lot of people like it, and seemingly plenty don't as well
- Battery life is superior to most other devices on the market --> http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review/3
- Can use the phone as a storage drive, not via USB as easily, but there are applications that provide mountable file shares
- You can also access any documents that have any relevance via iTunes document import/export. What else do you need access to?
- You can absolutely attach PDFs to an email if you have an application that handles PDFs and also handles emailing. I have multiple
- You can create your own ringtones and sync them to the phone via iTunes
- You can also get music from anywhere and sync it to the phone, there are also apps that have access to varying music sources, though purchases are less direct - perhaps you might like Amazon's Cloud Player for iOS? http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000776061

And the Droid 1 had hilariously terrible battery life. Your comparison there, alone, is baffling. Look at the objective benchmarks.

There are legitimate complaints about iOS and the iPhone. Many of yours are really reaching. "iPhone 5 sux" doesn't bring anything to this deal discussion.

Seems like the price is $669 - $50 rebate = $619

I think MSRP is only $649 from Apple Store...

Correct, you can buy this on apples site but they charge sales tax. This would be at least a $95 discount for me compared to buying direct from apple.

Wow, it's one thing to dislike a phone, it's another to just bitch about not knowing how to use it.

Use iBooks for PDFs. It'll do everything you want to do.

I haven't connected my phone to iTunes in months.

What is wrong with you?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014