• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core 965 3.4GHz Socket AM3 OEM Black Edition Processor @ SuperBiiz.com - $78.99

shipping adds $2.35

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

SuperBiiz.com
See SuperBiiz.com discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core 965 3.4GHz Socket AM3 OEM Black Edition Processor
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › AMD
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why not wait until they have their normal 10-15% off coupon to buy it ?

Also for $1 more you can get a Phenom II X6 1045T Retail Box at Microcenter...

SithMaster said:   Why not wait until they have their normal 10-15% off coupon to buy it ?

Also for $1 more you can get a Phenom II X6 1045T at Microcenter...

Why would you pay $1 more for a Phenom II X6 1045T? The X6 1045T is a slower processor. However, the 965 processor is a 125W processor so make sure your motherboard is spec'ed to support it.

How is 6 cores slower then 4 when using a multi threaded OS like Win7?

1045T - 6* 2.7GHz = 16.2

965 - 4* 3.2GHz = 13.6

just wondering...............

ascendantP said:   SithMaster said:   Why not wait until they have their normal 10-15% off coupon to buy it ?

Why would you pay $1 more for a Phenom II X6 1045T? The X6 1045T is a slower processor. However, the 965 processor is a 125W processor so make sure your motherboard is spec'ed to support it.

ascendantP said:   SithMaster said:   Why not wait until they have their normal 10-15% off coupon to buy it ?

Because the 1045 overclocks way better @ 2.7ghz/95w, has 3MB L2 cache plus it's a retail box that comes with a fan and has a 3yr warranty not a 30 day warranty like the OP's.

But if you don't agree, I would still wait for a coupon which they have every other week...

Per PassMark -

AMD Phenom II X4 965: 4316
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T: 4923

See chart.

Note - Most advertised Microcenter CPU prices are for in-store pickup.

SithMaster said:   ascendantP said:   SithMaster said:   Why not wait until they have their normal 10-15% off coupon to buy it ?

Because the 1045 overclocks way better @ 2.7ghz/95w, has 3MB L2 cache plus it's a retail box that comes with a fan and has a 3yr warranty not a 30 day warranty like the OP's.

But if you don't agree, I would still wait for a coupon which they have every other week...

Buckmann said:   Per PassMark -

See chart.

Yeah it will depend on what applications you are running if they are threaded to benefit from 6 cores or not. Passmark obviously is. The other big difference is that the x4 is a black edition so its multiplier unlocked so its more for overclockers where as the other isnt. The x6 will probably be better for most people if they dont intend to overclock since its less watts as well but you will have to buy a HSF as well.

It is very dependent on whether you run double precision floating point or single precision integer applications. Passmark is probably one of the worst benchmarks out there to do anything other than Intel to Intel. It complies with EM64T rather than industry standard IEEE 754. Passmark marginalizes SSE2 and 3 on AMD processors. Go look at Spec.org for legitimate benchmarks. I have both and a 940 as well. I have the AMD2Special memory from OCZ that supports 16k page files. It works just fine with the 965 making the 965 faster than the 1045 in floating point. I have exactly 2x2gb of AMD3Special that will support 16k page files. I haven't seen any more in two years. That memory will make a difference in double precision floating point; in single precision integer it is all about clock speed. The only way you see any advantage in the 1045 is if you have about 8 windows open simultaneously. Otherwise unless you run very high level software from Dassault or Siemans NX6 and have the double precision memory, you probably can't tell the difference . You certainly won't on single precision. Since 2008 all the improvements have come from reducing latency between cache and core or between the cpu and memory. The other change is a reduction in power required.

If you have a AMD2+ MB flash the bios and save a lot of money on an upgrade.

Buckmann said:   Per PassMark -

See chart.

Yup, instore price but I'm not hip on getting a CPU from Biiz with a 30 day warranty. The retail box I mentioned has a 3 year warranty and a stock fan if you're not overclocking...

Out of stock temporarily. link to back order is javascript so I don't know what is involved. AMD warranty on all cpus not in a retail box is 1 year. The "30 day warranty" means that you return to Superbiz during that period and they deal with AMD. The next 11 months you deal with AMD just like you have to on the retail box.

Apparently there were enough people smart enough to not quibble and buy it.

nsdp said:   Out of stock temporarily. link to back order is javascript so I don't know what is involved. AMD warranty on all cpus not in a retail box is 1 year. The "30 day warranty" means that you return to Superbiz during that period and they deal with AMD. The next 11 months you deal with AMD just like you have to on the retail box.

Apparently there were enough people smart enough to not quibble and buy it.

Man are you wrong, AMD retail box has a 3 year warranty, OEM CPU's go back to the company that sold it:

"If the processor was purchased separately, but was not sold in a sealed, retail-packaged box, the processor is consider to be OEM. Warranty service will be provided by the point of purchase, and not AMD."

http://support.amd.com/us/warranty/oem/Pages/oem-step1.aspx

http://support.amd.com/us/warranty/Pages/Processorinabox3YearLim...

And the Biiz isn't a large company, they sell out of stuff they list quicker than you can say "Shell Shocker"...

i have been trucking along with this cpu for over 2 years and it has done very nicely with gaming. highly recommended for a budget game pc.

Told you it wasn't a great deal, $79.99 RETAIL BOX FREE SHIP

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1269544/

SithMaster said:   Told you it wasn't a great deal, $79.99 RETAIL BOX FREE SHIP

oh please.

cptbarkey189 said:   SithMaster said:   Told you it wasn't a great deal, $79.99 RETAIL BOX FREE SHIP

oh please.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014