• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
[EDIT 4/23: appears in stock, but product title and description has changed, NO LONGER INCLUDES the keyboard dock!]

I think this is a pretty good deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231027

$349 (free shipping)
ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
Keyboard Docking Station
NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.60GHz
10.1" Wide UXGA (1920x1200)
1GB DDR3 Memory
32GB eMMC Flash
NVIDIA ULP GeForce
MicroSD
USB and SD on keyboard dock
G-Sensor
E-Compass
GPS
Light Sensor
Gyroscope
Rear LED Flash

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus Transformer Infinity
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I also ordered when the description indicated the dock was included, and have an order confirmation that shows the dock ... (more)

vaidman (Apr. 28, 2013 @ 9:15p) |

So I called Newegg for the second time and they said that if they can confirm you ordered the promotion they would honor... (more)

dreneeps (Apr. 30, 2013 @ 8:42p) |

So to update everyone here...I ordered and received a big box with just the keyboard dock. I called, and they said that... (more)

Fuzzy (May. 03, 2013 @ 12:18a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

pay a little more and get W8 asus-ME400C

It says it comes with a docking station. Is that the same as a keyboard dock?

I agree with germanpope. The transformer only has a 90 day warranty. These tablets can be a hit and miss item. The only drawback I see with the W8 model is if you go to Amazon's site 1 reviewer states that the battery charger does not stop charging automatically which can kill the battery. I did not see Asus reply to that review stating the charger stops charging when the battery is full.

esteckis said:   I agree with germanpope. The transformer only has a 90 day warranty. These tablets can be a hit and miss item. The only drawback I see with the W8 model is if you go to Amazon's site 1 reviewer states that the battery charger does not stop charging automatically which can kill the battery. I did not see Asus reply to that review stating the charger stops charging when the battery is full.

Just like refurb tablets you have to be careful with product reviews posted online by non-verified purchasers of products. Most, if not all product of those type of reviews these days are 100% fake. They are either posted by someone on a campaign to slam a particular manufacturer or hardware/software platform or posted in support of a particular manufacturer, hardware o/software platform by paid professional reviewers paid by the manufacturer. For example, the specific reviewed you mentioned where the reviewer complained about the charging not stopping also posted that EXACT same complaint on many sites including Newegg the same week. At least for the newegg review Asus did post a manufacturer response negating the reviewers claim:

Manufacturer Response:
Dear Valued Customer,

There shouldn’t be a problem if you leave your VivoTab Smart plugged in once it’s fully charged. There is a circuit inside that will stop the battery from charging once it hits capacity. The only worry would be the heat from the charger affecting the tablet, although that shouldn’t be a problem unless you leave it in for days. If you are noticing that your tablet is getting hot to-the-touch, please contact customer support to see if you can have it checked out. While it is normal for the tablet to get a little warm, especially if it is in use; it should not be getting that hot just sitting there. There might be an issue with the tablet. If you would like further assistance, please e-mail me at cl-tien@asus.com. I’ll be happy to address and issues and/or concerns that you might have.

Best Regards,

Tien
ASUS Customer Loyalty

Thanks for the info because I was interested in that tablet and I was not able to find a rebuttal by Asus.

You do realize you guys are comparing apples (Windows 8 RT) and oranges (Android) right? I would stay away from the Windows 8 RT and wait for the Windows 8 Pro tablets to come down in price.

makurz said:   You do realize you guys are comparing apples (Windows 8 RT) and oranges (Android) right? I would stay away from the Windows 8 RT and wait for the Windows 8 Pro tablets to come down in price.

The ME400-C appears to be a Windows 8 (not Windows RT) tablet, with an intel processor and all. You're absolutely right about comparing android vs. windows tablets, but for those in the market for a windows tablet, that asus seems like a reasonable choice price-wise compared to microsoft's x86 tablets.

makurz said:   You do realize you guys are comparing apples (Windows 8 RT) and oranges (Android) right? I would stay away from the Windows 8 RT and wait for the Windows 8 Pro tablets to come down in price.
VIVO tab RT (TF600) is the Windows RT model.
ME-400 is Full Windows 8 model Intel Atom based tablet.

If Windows 8 tablets comes down to $300 range, then I am jumping on those to replace my wife's aging laptop.

Those are going to be full laptop replacements IMHO. Android tablets are great for what you can do with them, but not laptop replacements yet IMHO since there are so many apps that still run only on Windows platform (especially specialized applications)

I stand corrected.

The price for the TF700T /with the dock is a really great price though. This same setup was on sale via Groupon for $429 a month ago. (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1263747/)

You're absolutely right. I had this Asus tablet and it was an awesome tablet but I had to sell it because I was trying to use it to remote into my work station (splashtop) and I just couldn't see clearly enough to work so I had to (regrettably) sell to get a laptop. Win RT stinks....avoid it and wait.

BamBam0099 said:   makurz said:   You do realize you guys are comparing apples (Windows 8 RT) and oranges (Android) right? I would stay away from the Windows 8 RT and wait for the Windows 8 Pro tablets to come down in price.

You're absolutely right. I had this Asus tablet and it was an awesome tablet but I had to sell it because I was trying to use it to remote into my work station (splashtop) and I just couldn't see clearly enough to work so I had to (regrettably) sell to get a laptop. Win RT stinks....avoid it and wait.

I essentially did the opposite. The TF600T was an awesome table when I purchased from MicroCenter for only $400 with keyborad. However, the Win 8 RT could not install Cisco AnyConnect VPN. It just does not work. I had to return it and bought this one (TF700T) instead. Everything works great even Cisco AnyConnect on this Android with much higher resolution.

This is a pretty sweet deal when you consider its like having an ultra portable laptop. Granted it can only run Android apps, but with the right VNC and VPN software, can help you get your work done anywhere, as well as play great games. I bought the cheaper lower res version (the TF300) for the same price, but mine is new.

Looks like its sold out.

Appears to be back in stock.

CAREFUL, looks like back in stock but they removed the keyboard dock!!

This morning when I purchased I noticed that the description was altered, but still contained the verbiage about the keyboard dock. Now it doesn't. I did take a screen shot, but what is their return policy?

I talked to CS at Newegg and they stated that it was an internal error and the tablet would ship, but the keyboard with not. To avoid chargeback/RMA/return hassles I had then cancel my order.

Would that screenshot still be available?

I ordered this deal the day it was posted and I just received the keyboard dock only. Anybody else order and have the same experience? Newegg customer service issued and initial investigation and is sending me a box/label to return it. They said they are going to see if the tablet by itself is still available. Hope this works out. I am tempted to somehow get them both in my possession and then use Paypal to enforce the terms of the contract. I am highly suspicious that I just received the dock. The item numbers and order documentation are completely different and I can't even see how it could happen unless someone from the warehouse is just tossing in boxes without reading them and printing packing slips that don't match the order in any way. I suspect that if a customer actually had both the tablet and the dock then Newegg would just have to let it go at the price they stated/listed on their site. I am hoping for some sort of reasonable solution from Newegg, I am getting pretty tired of retailers or other online sellers not having any integrity or accountability. I think for the price listed it was a good deal but not so unbelievable that it would be considered an obviously erroneous pricing mistake and free them from following through with the transaction. What do you guys think?

I have it at home. PM me and I will send it to you once I get home.

I also ordered when the description indicated the dock was included, and have an order confirmation that shows the dock included, but received my package with just the tablet (and charger). i'm upset, but i'll follow the support process with Newegg and see what they do about it.

So I called Newegg for the second time and they said that if they can confirm you ordered the promotion they would honor it. The service rep asked me to look for a "order confirmation" email which I could not find though I did have an "Invoice" and "Payment Charged" emails and the like. My account page on Newegg showed the item but I think it was edited and not the same as when I ordered? It seemed to me like if you ordered within the time they were advertising/offering the combo and they could verify that in some way that they were going to honor the price and ship the other part of the combo. I will wait and see what they say in the email tomorrow. They said even if they could not find any solid evidence of error on their part they would offer me $25 off/credit towards the keyboard docking station, sort of as an alternative if they could not verify my order was for both items for the $350 price.

The second call was way better than the first and I almost felt like the first person was just not nearly as concerned with making things right and keeping me happy as the second service rep was.

Hope this helps and I will post the final outcome when it has been established.

So to update everyone here...I ordered and received a big box with just the keyboard dock. I called, and they said that they would escalate it to their manager. I received an email from a "manager" who said they can certainly send out the tablet, just need a credit card. I called back and asked why I needed a credit card? I was told it was so that they could get the keyboard dock back. I argued a little bit that I ordered a combo, and that I should get a tablet and keyboard. Similar to dreneeps, I was asked if I had a confirmation - I said yes. I told them that I have a confirmation with the combo deal, along with a screen shot/printout of the original item listed. At that point, they put me on hold and spoke to another supervisor. I was then told this was in error that and I should have an email stating they cancelled my order. To which I said, well - you didn't cancel my order, I didn't get any cancellation - and obviously got the keyboard dock. I did not scream and was calmly stating my facts.

I was then asked to email them a picture of the keyboard dock's UPC/barcode and that they would get back to me. This took place on Tuesday and Wednesday. Late yesterday (Wednesday) I received and email that they were sending me the tablet at no charge.

Good luck to everyone...looks like they honored it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014