• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get an extra $20 in credit when you trade in video games totalling $20 or more

Linky

You could actually get a game and play it for a week (Far Cry 3 for example...since it's $29.99 new right now) and make money on the trade in. Think you have a week or something like that to actually mail in after initiating the trade.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

$20 Bonus Credit with $20 video game trade ins at Amazon 4/21 - 4/27
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

who pays for shipping?

wow, i had to click thru many tabs before finding that Amazon will give you a label to ship your trade ins for free. if they reject your trade ins, they will ship it back to you at no charge to you.

so anyway, it won't cost you a dime to ship or receive. see here.

It's free if you choose UPS, otherwise you have to pay.

The only problem with this offer...is there seems to be no "paper trail" as to keep track of where it might apply. I do quite a bit of trading and have one game in the "processing" stage and one that is in-transit to their delivery center. There's really no way of knowing if it will be randomly attached to one of those...or one in the future.

it states the trade in has to be initiated between 4/21 - 4/27, so I'm guessing you have to authorize/process the trade-in during that time period. Anything already being processed probably will not apply...

respdoc said:   The only problem with this offer...is there seems to be no "paper trail" as to keep track of where it might apply. I do quite a bit of trading and have one game in the "processing" stage and one that is in-transit to their delivery center. There's really no way of knowing if it will be randomly attached to one of those...or one in the future.i have never done any trading on Amazon b4 so i have 1 question for you. so whatever value (new, used, etc.) on anything Amazon list, is that what you will get in credits? i have lots of dvds (upgrade with bd already) never opened i want to get rid of.

linrick said:   i have never done any trading on Amazon b4 so i have 1 question for you. so whatever value (new, used, etc.) on anything Amazon list, is that what you will get in credits? i have lots of dvds (upgrade with bd already) never opened i want to get rid of.

Yes, once Amazon receives the titles and verifies the condition you will get the amount credited to your Amazon account.

linrick said:   respdoc said:   The only problem with this offer...is there seems to be no "paper trail" as to keep track of where it might apply. I do quite a bit of trading and have one game in the "processing" stage and one that is in-transit to their delivery center. There's really no way of knowing if it will be randomly attached to one of those...or one in the future.i have never done any trading on Amazon b4 so i have 1 question for you. so whatever value (new, used, etc.) on anything Amazon list, is that what you will get in credits? i have lots of dvds (upgrade with bd already) never opened i want to get rid of.

As long as they are new and unopened..you should be fine on getting the correct "new" value. They were doing some silly business a while back with not giving locked in trade-in values (and stating they were the "incorrect item") when in all reality..they just didn't want to pay the higher value. It appears once Amazon did find out what the third-party buyers were doing...they cleaned up their act.

robby69 said:   
Yes, once Amazon receives the titles and verifies the condition you will get the amount credited to your Amazon account.

I would suggest trying it a few times and be comfortable with the process..before giving out too much advice:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1268079/

How are these paid out? Credit to purchase anything on Amazon or just video games??

pkp413 said:   How are these paid out? Credit to purchase anything on Amazon

^ yes.

respdoc said:   pkp413 said:   How are these paid out? Credit to purchase anything on Amazon

^ yes.
The $20+ trade-in credit is for anything on Amazon. The $20 bonus credit is for video games only, I believe. The promo says, "For a limited time, trade in $20 worth of video games, consoles or accessories and get a $20 video games bonus credit in addition to your trade-in value." Not only that, the bonus credit is only good until July 31st.

Yuyak said:   The $20 trade-in credit is for anything on Amazon. The $20 bonus credit is for video games only, I believe. The promo says, "For a limited time, trade in $20 worth of video games, consoles or accessories and get a $20 video games bonus credit in addition to your trade-in value."

Yes, that is correct also. I took pkp413's question as a continuation of the discussion about the trade-in program in general.

respdoc said:   I would suggest trying it a few times and be comfortable with the process..before giving out too much advice: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1268079/

Come on Respdoc, you are going to hold one post against me in the last 6,994. And on that post I was trying to help out fellow FW members on a better price than the OP had, and had a single misstep, rather than "threadcrapping"
I have come to expect your "the holier than though" posts, so I am glad I was able to give you yet another opportunity to point out a fellow FW members shortcomings.

robby69 said:   

I have come to expect your "the holier than though" posts, so I am glad I was able to give you yet another opportunity to point out a fellow FW members shortcomings.

Not sure what tangent you're going off on or if I hurt your little feelings..but just informing you to try it before giving advice as their are "risks" involved (as I previously wrote about).

Another "risk" along the same topic..is if they return your submission for whatever reason. Both times that they returned mine...they returned them in thin envelopes and came back damaged (small crack in one case and a crack in the disk in the other). Since I sent them originally new/sealed and in a cardboard box with them enclosed in bubble wrap...it wasn't from my end.

respdoc said:   
Not sure what tangent you're going off on or if I hurt your little feelings..but just informing you to try it before giving advice as their are "risks" involved (as I previously wrote about).

A more "subdued" response than I anticipated, maybe there is still hope.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014