• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Yeah so I did place an order earlier, already have been emailed my USPS tracking number, even though I already have one, I am still pretty darn excited to be able to play again!! Thanks again OP!

I hate the word "raspberry".

What's going on with that "p" in the middle of it...

Al3xK said:   I hate the word "raspberry".

What's going on with that "p" in the middle of it...
Expect to receive a call very soon from NBC, about a sitcom deal.

generally anything faster than a class 10 uses too much power and will cause issues. I would use a card that we sell or you can see list of verified sd cards for the pi here: http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals

yes but they have not "ported" it completely yet. So basically it works but it is really slow. Once the code is optimized for the Raspberry Pi it will run like a top I am sure.

Not all chargers will work. Without proper power you are bound to have random restarts/errors. You need at least 1000mA of power @ 5v. Newark and Element charge shipping and taxes from what I hear...

jrozsa said:   generally anything faster than a class 10 uses too much power and will cause issues. I would use a card that we sell or you can see list of verified sd cards for the pi here: http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals

Thanks for the link. Looks like I lot of the stuff I already own seem to be verified to work on the Pi

For the $50.99 set, is there any chance we can switch out the power adapter (+ usb cable) for some other accessories on your site, though? Don't really need any more of those around the house. Haha!

You can just purchased a preloaded sd card with XBMC on it. Or load it yourself. There is Rasbpmc, Openelec and Xbian which all run XBMC on the Raspberry Pi. Raspbmc is my fav but Openelec is pretty good too I guess.

lennyboy said:   Can this run android?
yes but they have not "ported" it completely yet. So basically it works but it is really slow. Once the code is optimized for the Raspberry Pi it will run like a top I am sure.

FatWallEEE said:   jrozsa said:   generally anything faster than a class 10 uses too much power and will cause issues. I would use a card that we sell or you can see list of verified sd cards for the pi here: http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals

Thanks for the link. Looks like I lot of the stuff I already own seem to be verified to work on the Pi

For the $50.99 set, is there any chance we can switch out the power adapter (+ usb cable) for some other accessories on your site, though? Don't really need any more of those around the house. Haha!


Sure. Just shoot us a message through the website and we can work out something. I run this company by myself so your message will go to me

jrozsa said:   lennyboy said:   Can this run android?
yes but they have not "ported" it completely yet. So basically it works but it is really slow. Once the code is optimized for the Raspberry Pi it will run like a top I am sure.


jrozsa - where can I download this beta version of android for the pi ?

lennyboy said:   jrozsa said:   lennyboy said:   Can this run android?
yes but they have not "ported" it completely yet. So basically it works but it is really slow. Once the code is optimized for the Raspberry Pi it will run like a top I am sure.


jrozsa - where can I download this beta version of android for the pi ?



http://rosefire.us/~razdroid/aaa801/Gingerbread+EthernetManager....

What projects could I do with this Raspberry Pi that would appeal to an 11-year old somewhat technically inclined girl?

jrozsa said:   FatWallEEE said:   jrozsa said:   generally anything faster than a class 10 uses too much power and will cause issues. I would use a card that we sell or you can see list of verified sd cards for the pi here: http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals

Thanks for the link. Looks like I lot of the stuff I already own seem to be verified to work on the Pi

For the $50.99 set, is there any chance we can switch out the power adapter (+ usb cable) for some other accessories on your site, though? Don't really need any more of those around the house. Haha!


Sure. Just shoot us a message through the website and we can work out something. I run this company by myself so your message will go to me



Sweet! I just bought the RPi quick start guide from pragprog to see what I can do with this thing, but I'm still in the middle of some other project right now. I'll get in touch with you again directly on your site (maybe in a week or 2?) when I know what other accessories I may need to buy. Thanks again!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014