• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I needed some parts and the codes I looked for here under 'stores', sadly either did not have an expiration date, or most did not work. I did find a $25 off $75 but that did not yield free shipping.

However, TRT41 also takes $40 off $100 and has no foreseeable expiration date. I was also granted free shipping (on a $120-$40 = $80 purchase)

Credit goes to StrayCat76...

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts promo codes that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Haven't seen a new $40 off $100 AAP code in a while. Green.

If you buy something that requires you to ship the old part back for a 'core charge' refund, caveat emptor. AA Parts are a bunch of cheats. They'll tell you they never received your shipment and you're out the refund. Better to go to a bricks and mortar store or to a completely different auto parts store - don't ever buy anything online from these crooks.

Just bought a new battery for my truck and was looking for a $40 off $100

I ended up using code: A124 for $40 off $110, required me to buy a slightly more expensive battery but still a good deal.

Don't forget CashBack portals at advanced!

Edit: Last time I ordered something online from advanced auto and delivered to my house I was able to bring the core replacement to the store in town and they just credited the $10 back to my card, no mailing anything required!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to mail back cores, I don't even want to receive my parts in the mail, I do in-store pickup when possible. Anyway, I never ship anything to anyone without using a tracking number or at least signature confirmation, and I usually photograph it as I put it together too.

When I'm willing to mail-order my parts I just get them from Rockauto where they're cheaper than AAP (even when getting 40% off with coupon codes).

Cool! Thank You! Saved me $40 on a battery for the camper!! I am excited, after having to replace 1 for the work car, and two heavy duty batteries for the truck, and two to go yet for the boat,all this year, this $40 helps alot!!

katnrica said:   If you buy something that requires you to ship the old part back for a 'core charge' refund, caveat emptor. AA Parts are a bunch of cheats. They'll tell you they never received your shipment and you're out the refund. Better to go to a bricks and mortar store or to a completely different auto parts store - don't ever buy anything online from these crooks.do you have to post this crap in EVERY Advance Auto thread?
we get it, you don't like them - PLEASE find something more constructive to do with your time than clutter up the forum with YOUR OPINION - yes you are entitled, BUT WE GOT IT ALREADY - DULY NOTED!
How about putting something more constructive in a thread - like the guy below did - he mentioned ROCK AUTO pricing - and I'm now checking them out because of his "recommendation" but I didn't really take anything away from YOUR post except that you are grumpy!

lemonhead said:   ROCK AUTO pricing - and I'm now checking them out
Don't forget to look up Rockauto coupon codes, they always give 5% off codes to customers to share with everyone. I think there's a thread here with them but if not coupon sites like RetailMeNot always have them.

thc said:   lemonhead said:   ROCK AUTO pricing - and I'm now checking them out
Don't forget to look up Rockauto coupon codes, they always give 5% off codes to customers to share with everyone. I think there's a thread here with them but if not coupon sites like RetailMeNot always have them.

crap, thanks for the reminder - I'm researching some new "custom" taillights as I need to replace a missing one, but so far, all the other items I have price shopped at R.A. have been cheaper - we'll see how shipping and tax (if any) fare
UGH - a .73 cent ORIFICE tube added on a shipping charge of $9.18 so....$10 for the orifice tube - and it looks like they have NO options for free shipping - thanks all for opening up my eyes - found my taillights for $20 less including shipping from Amazon and the accumulator for my A/C is $20 plus $6 shipping at R.A. and Amazon has it for $23 free shipping.

lemonhead said:   UGH - a .73 cent ORIFICE tube added on a shipping charge of $9.18 so....$10 for the orifice tube - and it looks like they have NO options for free shipping
Yeah, that's the thing with Rockauto...shipping can vary widely, and is usually very expensive for one item. However, as you add more items you find the shipping doesn't go up much or at all, until you have items that must come from two different warehouses. You can use their "pick for me" option to specify a bunch of identical parts and the shopping cart will automatically choose which will result in the best total price including shipping. There are some items that you can buy alone that ship inexpensively, but most of the time it's best to stock up on lots of stuff.

I'll plan a bunch of projects, add the appropriate stuff to my cart, then stock up on everything I think I might need in the future that's really really cheap (like that orifice tube), and I end up with a mega-order for the price of buying half of the major items locally and none of the minor ones. That 73 cent orifice tube might cost $12 at AAP but not increase Rockauto's shipping on an order of brake calipers at all.

Another tip: AC Delco brake rotors at Amazon are usually cheaper with free super saver shipping than the cheapest generic brake rotors at any parts store (even AAP with 40% off). Rockauto's not good for them because shipping them is so expensive.

AAP will PM RockAuto...

Used the coupon on PM at Auto Zone. Bought different brand/model number radiator at Autozone (Advance had none in stock) and they still accepted the coupon and price matched for like item. Just printed the Advance offer and presented it in-store at Autozone. Radiator still cost about 11 dollars more than Amazon's price, but couldn't wait. YMMV

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014