• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Posting from my phone... A little messy post but good deal for those looking for a nice all in one unit for under 100 bucks. Staples also had the well reviewed brother 825 for 100 this week but the coupon in the latest flyer pushed me to go with the Canon.

149.99 sale price
-10.00 using coupon 14844 in store or 78390 online
-50.00 with printer trade in (seriously find a free or 10 printer on Craigslist to make this work of you don't have one)

89.99 + tax for a fairly nice printer...

Link

Enjoy

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Pixmap 922 (8.58kB)
Thanks Zedok
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got one on 26th... Did not have to haggle, got all the discounts

Thanks guys.

nicechapp (Apr. 29, 2013 @ 9:11a) |

In case anybody is wondering, generic ink seem to be available now for this printer.

http://www.abcink.com/canon-pgi-250-... (more)

emp1 (Jun. 19, 2013 @ 11:33p) |

I just purchased a Canon MG8220 from B&H Photo for $109.99 with free shipping.Original price was about $290. Noticed to... (more)

PaulKen (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 10:47a) |

• Also categorized in:

Where is the link??????????????????????????????????

Thanks... First phone post... Knew I was forgetting something.

Nice printer a friend has 1
Also uses 4 ink carts and low cost generics on eBay
2 bl and 1 each of color $14.49

Only slightly off topic, but I just got my first ink refill at Costco (they have a new service now) for an HP printer, it seems to be doing fine at a fraction of the cost. Friend loves this printer but hates the cost of the ink.

I have the mx870 and am very happy with it. I was considering getting this as a spare in case something happens to the mx870 but the ink on the mx922 is way too expensive. I buy generic ink for the mx870 for about $0.60 - $1.30 per cart. I'll pass on this and maybe wait till ink comes down in price/generic becomes more available.

claire_boston said:   Only slightly off topic, but I just got my first ink refill at Costco (they have a new service now) for an HP printer, it seems to be doing fine at a fraction of the cost. Friend loves this printer but hates the cost of the ink.http://www.costcoinkjetrefill.com/ Their MSRP price comparison is absurd but about 50% of Staples' everyday prices for the cartridge.

Is Staples really still offering $50 off the purchase of a new printer with trade-in of the old one? I thought that deal ended at the end of last year. Can anyone confirm if this deal is still active or did the OP just get lucky? Maybe a link to the Staples website where it explains this promotion would be good in case that I run into a grumpy manager on-duty at my local store? Thanks.

frugalfan said:   Is Staples really still offering $50 off the purchase of a new printer with trade-in of the old one? I thought that deal ended at the end of last year. Can anyone confirm if this deal is still active or did the OP just get lucky? Maybe a link to the Staples website where it explains this promotion would be good in case that I run into a grumpy manager on-duty at my local store? Thanks.

Is it not mentioned on the item page?

Ah! Indeed it does! A deal for this printer only though! Thanks!

I bought the MX892 just last week for $85. Should I return that one and get the newer 922?

Gergor said:   I bought the MX892 just last week for $85. Should I return that one and get the newer 922?
Not if you're planning on using generic cartridges. There aren't any available yet.

J714 said:   These 3rd party inks show good reviews..

http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Cartridges-Blake-Printing-Suppl...

... but those are for the MX892, not the MX922.

justDave said:   Gergor said:   I bought the MX892 just last week for $85. Should I return that one and get the newer 922?
Not if you're planning on using generic cartridges. There aren't any available yet.

J714 said:   These 3rd party inks show good reviews..

http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Cartridges-Blake-Printing-Suppl...

... but those are for the MX892, not the MX922.

Got it....

How about this one here, the Pixma MG5420 is $149 (-$50 Instant Savings) brings it to $100, plus qualifies for the -$50 trade-in offer, ends up being $50!!
http://www.staples.com/Canon-PIXMA-MG5420-Wireless-Inkjet-Photo-...

That's a deal!

Prints on DVDs and is wireless too. Don't know about inks

J714 said:   How about this one here, the Pixma MG5420 is $149 (-$50 Instant Savings) brings it to $100, plus qualifies for the -$50 trade-in offer, ends up being $50!!

That's a deal!

That one doesn't do fax. Don't really see that point in an All-In-One printer that is missing the fax part, just makes it an Almost-All-In-One printer.

J714 said:   How about this one here, the Pixma MG5420 is $149 (-$50 Instant Savings) brings it to $100, plus qualifies for the -$50 trade-in offer, ends up being $50!!

That's a deal!

OK for $50 and bulk ink and needles to refill

Years ago I needle injected ink in my
Xerox printers, (4 carts) I just got tired of it and went with generic carts.

yesidonoitall said:   J714 said:   How about this one here, the Pixma MG5420 is $149 (-$50 Instant Savings) brings it to $100, plus qualifies for the -$50 trade-in offer, ends up being $50!!

That's a deal!

OK for $50 and generics on eBay

I don't think there are any generics available yet. I believe it uses the same ink as the MX922.

emp1 said:   yesidonoitall said:   J714 said:   How about this one here, the Pixma MG5420 is $149 (-$50 Instant Savings) brings it to $100, plus qualifies for the -$50 trade-in offer, ends up being $50!!

That's a deal!

OK for $50 and generics on eBay

I don't think there are any generics available yet. I believe it uses the same ink as the MX922.

You are correct, then there is bulk ink and needles

J714 mentioned the Canon Pixma MG5420 on sale this week at $99

Use the same $10 off coupon listed above
and turn in a junk printer to get this down to $39.99 + tax.

Great price... inks are still spendy... but hopefully generics
will come out soon...

Zedok said:   J714 mentioned the Canon Pixma MG5420 on sale this week at $99

will come out soon...

Great price! In 4 1

Zedok said:   J714 mentioned the Canon Pixma MG5420 on sale this week at $99

will come out soon...

RE:
but hopefully generics
will come out soon...

Bulk ink and an injector needle will work.

yesidonoitall said:   Zedok said:   J714 mentioned the Canon Pixma MG5420 on sale this week at $99

will come out soon...

RE:
but hopefully generics
will come out soon...

From what I understand after a few refills the printer warns you that refilling will void your warranty, if you continue to refill it will void your warranty and permanently disable the ink monitoring system so you don't know when you need to refill/replace the cartridges. To avoid this you'd probably need a chip resetter which I'm not sure if there would be any available since the ink is relatively new. I've always avoided this and just bought the generics with the chip, thats not an option for these so you'll either have to deal with it, or pay a ton for OEM ink, personally I'd just wait till the generics come out (or try to find an older model that has generic). Of course I could be wrong as this information is from when I looked into previous model canon printers before generics were available, but I'd guess its the same story.

emp1 said:   yesidonoitall said:   Zedok said:   J714 mentioned the Canon Pixma MG5420 on sale this week at $99

will come out soon...

RE:
but hopefully generics
will come out soon...

From what I understand after a few refills the printer warns you that refilling will void your warranty, if you continue to refill it will void your warranty and permanently disable the ink monitoring system so you don't know when you need to refill/replace the cartridges. To avoid this you'd probably need a chip resetter which I'm not sure if there would be any available since the ink is relatively new. I've always avoided this and just bought the generics with the chip, thats not an option for these so you'll either have to deal with it, or pay a ton for OEM ink, personally I'd just wait till the generics come out (or try to find an older model that has generic). Of course I could be wrong as this information is from when I looked into previous model canon printers before generics were available, but I'd guess its the same story.
"Federal law prohibits any company from requiring you to purchase only their products and prohibits a manufacturer from voiding your machine's warranty simply by using alternative cartridge solutions. For more details, please refer to: Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act (U.S. Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312)" http://www.costcoinkjetrefill.com/support/4

i wonder if I can fax using this printer with my ooma hub

Got one on 26th... Did not have to haggle, got all the discounts

Thanks guys.

In case anybody is wondering, generic ink seem to be available now for this printer.

http://www.abcink.com/canon-pgi-250-plus-cli-251-ink-compatible-...

About $4 per cartridge after 30% off coupon ABC30PER, not as cheap as what I pay for for my Canon mx870 ($0.38 per cartridge the last time I bought) but still way better than OEM pricing.

I just purchased a Canon MG8220 from B&H Photo for $109.99 with free shipping.Original price was about $290. Noticed today that the price has dropped to $99.99.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014