• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
After bobbing up and down from $25 level in Sears SYWR I got yet another offer: seems fantastic upto $100

"Points Match Back: Redeem your points and we'll match back the points you've redeemed.*"

* Maximum of $100 in points awarded per member, per transaction. Purchase requirement calculated before taxes and after discounts have been applied and must be made in a single transaction. Limit one coupon per purchase. Void if copied, transferred or obtained via unapproved means and where prohibited. Any other use constitutes fraud. Redeemable at Sears, Kmart, Kmart.com, and Sears.com. Cash value 1/20. Online code limited to one-time use only and applies to merchandise marked sold by Sears or sold by Kmart. Sears Holdings reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time for failure to comply with its terms and/or due to any operational malfunction of the software, hardware or equipment required to process this offer. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Subject to full program terms available at shopyourway.com. Must remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS℠ to earn bonus points. Bonus points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When bonus point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer. See www.shopyourway.com for details.

The code seems somewhat close to MrC's offer of redeem $25 get $20 back, only this time looks like "redeem upto $100 get all that back" so way better!

I do not know if the code is unique or not (says one time use per acct but not clear) so not posting the code,

might be targeted but just heads up to others to not discard by mistake.
Good for those w/high balance, a great chance if you get that.

Kmart.com
See Kmart.com promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SYWR
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Finally finished off the last of my six "spend $25 in points, get back $20 in points" coupons last night (these were all... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (May. 13, 2013 @ 3:20p) |

wow, 5 out of 6 is pretty good !

By mistake I used spend 25 get 20 instead of the redeem-all-get-all-back coupon so did g... (more)

invisible (May. 13, 2013 @ 3:46p) |

I am getting the redeem your points, get 10,000 points again. A little different from the last batch earlier this spring... (more)

maddybeagle (Jun. 26, 2013 @ 8:57p) |

Sears Coupons:
STOYS20
Extra $20 off Toys & Games orders of $200 or more w (expires 12/31/13 10:00pm)
50OFF300
Up to 30% off All Kenmore Appliances, Up to 15% off All other Appliances, plus Extra $50 off $300 (expires 8/31/13 9:59pm)
SEARS2013
Extra $5 off Back To School Orders $50+ Free Shipping on Qualifying Orders $59+ (expires 12/31/13 9:59pm)
Exclusions Apply
SEARSSAVES
Extra $20 off $200 or Extra $15 off $100 (expires 8/27/13 9:59pm)
SEARSSAVES
Extra $20 off $200 (expires 9/7/13 9:59pm)
SEARS2013
$5 off $50 on Qualifying Orders (expires 12/31/13 10:00pm)
SEARS15
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Now I wish I had bought a bunch of nozzles per http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1268710/ to get N X $8 ... we can't be too greedy can we ?

That is a good offer. Also good were the frequent ones last year where they would load up your account with free 10,000 or 5,000 or 7,000 points to use within the upcomming weekend.

This year so far all I am receiving are these SYWR email offers to load up my account with sets of similar but different coupon offers such as receive X bonus points back when you buy $35 in womens cloths, X bonus points when you buy $55 in childrens cloths, X points when you buy $60 in mens cloths, X points for buying $45 in shoes, and X points when buying $50 in yardcare items, etc.

So then you go to a Sears store and find some good childrens winter clearance cloths, and no cashier can look into your account or scan your SYWR card and tell you what coupons you have loaded, or what the terms are to any of them. Or, even if you remember what the terms are, the cashiers do not know how to connect a pre-loaded coupon into a store purchase.

The only thing to do is either try to buy online from the archaic Sears web site, or print out physical coupons and bring them into a store to use.

wife redeemed 138$ in 2 weeks, then got offer of redeem $25 get $20 back. So I did a return/rebuy../.

That's how I read it as well, but apparently this offer does not work as you would expect. Instead they match the points you spend. For example if you have 10k points and you spend them as $10 toward a purchase, they only charge your SYWR account 5000 points. I think it's misleading, but got nowhere with customer service. At least that's how it worked when I used it on an $11 purchase.

oneeagle said:   That's how I read it as well, but apparently this offer does not work as you would expect. Instead they match the points you spend. For example if you have 10k points and you spend them as $10 toward a purchase, they only charge your SYWR account 5000 points. I think it's misleading, but got nowhere with customer service. At least that's how it worked when I used it on an $11 purchase.

They gave me a "one time courtesy" and gave me the matching points. Keep trying. I emailed them.

Just got another matching point offer - Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points. They just love giving me all this free stuff!

SafetyDance said:   Just got another matching point offer - Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points. They just love giving me all this free stuff!

how many points did you have when they sent coupon? maybe there's a method to it. I just received TWO of these coupons staggered, both came after I hit around 130k in points.

e.g. the first time I hit 130k points a week ago, the first coupon came. I used the coupon and spent about 90k points, which dropped me down to about 60k points.

but then I bought some stuff for resale a day later at Sears, got up to 135k points, and now this morning another $20/$25 coupon came in the mail.

it seems like people with less than 100k points are getting the match redeem coupon, while the people with more than 100k points are getting the $20/$25 coupon.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   SafetyDance said:   Just got another matching point offer - Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points. They just love giving me all this free stuff!

how many points did you have when they sent coupon? maybe there's a method to it. I just received TWO of these coupons staggered, both came after I hit around 130k in points.

e.g. the first time I hit 130k points a week ago, the first coupon came. I used the coupon and spent about 90k points, which dropped me down to about 60k points.

but then I bought some stuff for resale a day later at Sears, got up to 135k points, and now this morning another $20/$25 coupon came in the mail.

it seems like people with less than 100k points are getting the match redeem coupon, while the people with more than 100k points are getting the $20/$25 coupon.

I had 26K points.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   SafetyDance said:   Just got another matching point offer - Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points. They just love giving me all this free stuff!

Currently at 32K and got yet another 20 for 25 spend coupon while a prev one was still active and codes are different as is the date of expiry

@STEALfromCAGgive2FW : What do you do or buy (for resale?) to go up and down as much as 60 points per purchase?

I put myself over 26k points and not seeing anything except for the usual stuff. I was rec. the "redeem your points and rec. 10k points" offers for several months early in the year. I did over 16 of those. Redeemed and they kept putting new coupons in my account. Essentially churning the same 10k points over and over.

invisible said:   STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   SafetyDance said:   Just got another matching point offer - Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points. They just love giving me all this free stuff!

Currently at 32K and got yet another 20 for 25 spend coupon while a prev one was still active and codes are different as is the date of expiry

@STEALfromCAGgive2FW : What do you do or buy (for resale?) to go up and down as much as 60 points per purchase?

it's not what I buy, it's the coupons used. i always am getting coupons like 5x points + $10 off, or extra 10k points when spending $50, etc...

I redeemed 21k in points and only got 4k back, what a crook!

namcongtu said:   I redeemed 21k in points and only got 4k back, what a crook!

Email them. All it takes is an email and they will likely put the rest back in your account. I used one of these a few weeks ago (I had almost $300 in points from the 55" LG TV back in January) and no bonus points were added to the account after purchasing online with the coupon code. I emailed them and in 3 days had my $100 in points back in the account. Quick and painless; much better than calling and talking to someone over the phone.

I talked to a rep and then Crystal who claimed to be the-only supervisor in SYWR department, it seems that she is not 100% sure how it works even though she claimed she does

oneeagle said:   That's how I read it as well, but apparently this offer does not work as you would expect. Instead they match the points you spend. For example if you have 10k points and you spend them as $10 toward a purchase, they only charge your SYWR account 5000 points. I think it's misleading, but got nowhere with customer service. At least that's how it worked when I used it on an $11 purchase.
That makes no sense at all (not on your part!) if they are doing that. I understand it as, in your example:
you have $10 in pts
make your $11 purchase
they deduct $10 pts = 0 pts
you pay $1 OOP
you now get $10 in pts
(back to where you started plus you now own $10 item, pay $1 for it.)

How in the heck does leaving you with a $5 pts balance add up, or not!, mathematically?

My printer is broken so I can't print the barcode recd via email for this offer. Anyone have sucess with barcode being scanned from smartphone? I'd hate to lose my $24 in pts from having bought the nozzle sets last week.

When the barcodes don't scan, they have entered the coupon codes manually in store.

Rec'd four $20 back in points when you redeem $25+ points. NONE of the codes works.

maddybeagle said:   When the barcodes don't scan, they have entered the coupon codes manually in store.Thank you, I'll mention that if the phone method won't work. I have $24 in pts (from buying those hose sprayers) but I also have an email stating I have $4 in pts to spend, no mention of any spend XXX to get $4, just "here's $4." But, none of my receipts show $28 ($24 + $4)--very confusing, IMO. Would I be able to spend $28 and get $28? Will see...

I give up on the SYWR website!! More than HALF of it does not work/load correctly. I've spent probably an hour now trying to get to just the basics like acct info, editting phone number, checking history with no luck. This isn't just today either. I spent a smaller amount of time a few days ago and thought they were having issues at the time. I guess I need to call them by phone--should be loads of fun! Don't know if it was because I was "logged in" (can't seem to find how to log out!) but I recd another email with a different bar code to get back the amount of points I redeem. This has a different expiration date. So, IF I would be able to redeem $24 worth of pts with code number one (and then receive those back as stated) does that mean I can then redeem the SECOND set of $24 in pts using the next barcode and still receive $24 back in pts? Seems highly unlikely but that would mean I would have spent $24 last week, redeemed $24 today, recd it back, then spent $24, recd those back meaning I got $72 in purchase for the original outlay of $24?? Hmmm...

And nowhere in my history (as briefly I could view it before I got nowhere on their site) does it show the $4 in pts they sent an email saying I had to spend. And my total pts balance does not reflect it either.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Rec'd four $20 back in points when you redeem $25+ points. NONE of the codes works.

mine didn't work in Sears last time, but Kmart sale stuff was fine.... took a penny off, then the pts posted right on the receipt...

What's the most folks have received using the "Points Match Back" offer?

I think OP's language unambiguously says they'll "award" up to $100 in points, i.e. that's what they'll kick in to offset the (up to) $100 you spent. But when I redeemed $100 in points towards a dishwasher, my SYWR account shows 50,000 ($50) in points redeemed.

I spoke to a supervisor in the SYWR department, and she explained that that's how it's *supposed* to work. Who knows...it's Sears, after all.

so looks like it's 50% back really unless you complain....

DaveHanson said:   What's the most folks have received using the "Points Match Back" offer?

I think OP's language unambiguously says they'll "award" up to $100 in points, i.e. that's what they'll kick in to offset the (up to) $100 you spent. But when I redeemed $100 in points towards a dishwasher, my SYWR account shows 50,000 ($50) in points redeemed.

I spoke to a supervisor in the SYWR department, and she explained that that's how it's *supposed* to work. Who knows...it's Sears, after all.

Does not seem ambiguous at all "Redeem your points and we'll match back the points you've redeemed" means matching back what was spent! If you spent $100 in points it means matching $100, and not $50!!

I would escalate the issue for $50 being at stake. Supervisor needs to explain the deviation from quoted wording. Else try via email quoting the exact coupon + offer screen shot etc.

I missed using one of these codes before expiration date. Anyone know if they actually do not work if a day late? Just thought I'd ask if their expiration date doesn't really mean anything, kind of like the SYWR site that shows you bought less than what you did on gift cards this week!!

Kmart/Sears really needs to test these promos before releasing them for use! I used this code at Sears register, clerk had trouble scanning, then trouble accepting manually entered numbers. Told I would like to redeem ALL my points. Get home to find out NO POINTS redeemed so none "matched.". Called CS where one person said spend pts, get pts right back. Another rep said redeem pts and they then subtract same amt from that order. IOW, you get double your points applied. Go back next day for adjustment in order to redeem pts and doubled or creditted back--take your pick--only to discover the unique code now says already used, duh! Called CS from register and third person even more perplexed and unfamiliar with offer at all. Was offered a one-time "courtesy adjustment" that would have resulted in me getting $15 less than expected, and therefore really $30 less based upon "doubled" or "creditted back" method. Now the item has been returned for total credit and need to return to store a THIRD time to rebuy since it was closing time on last visit. WHAT A TOTAL MESS!! Not to mention that pts balance never matches receipts, online acct or even what CS tells you you have when on the phone with them!

Finally finished off the last of my six "spend $25 in points, get back $20 in points" coupons last night (these were all from emails sent to my one SYWR account). Several issues along the way.

1st coupon - waited until last minute to use; ordered >$25 at Sears.com, but screwed up and only used $20 in points. Ended up returning most of the items, but still waiting to get my points spend back from the returns.
2nd coupon - wouldn't work on Sears.com (#2 thru #6 wouldn't work); bought $25.xx of tools at Sears store, used $25.xx points to pay; rec'd $20 points back instantly.
3rd coupon - bought $25.xx of clearance sneakers and winter gloves at same Sears store same day as #2, used $25.xx points to pay; rec'd 0 points back. I don't think they scanned it correctly, because there was no -$0.01 line item on the receipt.
3rd coupon (2nd try) - bought $27.xx of tools at Sears store, used $27.xx points to pay; rec'd $20 points back instantly.
4th coupon - bought $25.xx of food at Kmart store, used $25.xx points to pay; rec'd $20 points back instantly.
5th coupon - bought $25.xx of clearance tools at Kmart store, used $25.xx points to pay; rec'd $20 points back instantly.
6th coupon - bought $36.xx tool at Kmart.com, used $25 points & $11.32 CC to pay; rec'd $20 points back after order was processed.

wow, 5 out of 6 is pretty good !

By mistake I used spend 25 get 20 instead of the redeem-all-get-all-back coupon so did get 20 but on trying to get full spend, I first returned and immediately re-bought with full points redemption. All well until re-buying (all points were returned properly) but on using the get-all-back coupon, at first all ok and gave full back then something changed next day and only for some strange 60% fractional amount back and of course store says you have to fight with SYWR ... not sure I have the energy or inclination to ..

Edit: the store called SWYR and fixed it on the spot! not bad, got full redemption back ... now to use the remainder of 20 for 25 coupons as you did (2 for me) ....

I am getting the redeem your points, get 10,000 points again. A little different from the last batch earlier this spring since you need a least a 1 dollar in points first.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014