• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones @ Rakuten.com Shopping (formerly Buy.com) - $8.42
Compare at $12.00
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have these and they are excellent headphones for the price. Only potential negative depending on the size of your ear is getting a good fit, the housing holds a 14mm driver, which is enormous for this type of headphone (IEM, or In Ear Monitor) and it can make it hard to properly position these to get the ear tips into the canal. Another small issue is that the black rubber ear tips these come with aren't that great, but this can be easily be fixed by replacing them. A bigger/firmer ear tip will get most people a better seal in the ear canal and will greatly improve sound quality and bass response.

Once you get a good fit with these, I'd say they easily compete with stuff in the $50-$100 price range. Google the Monoprice 8320, quite a few forums like head-fi where these get a lot of praise. Plenty of advice in forums and Amazon reviews about where to get good inexpensive ear tip replacements also.

If you're listening to Apple earbuds or cheap Skullcandy headphones, getting these at under $10 is a no-brainer.

As for sound quality, I would describe these as having excellent bass, it is strong and precise, not muddy. Midrange is very good, clear and natural sounding. Treble is also very good, smooth and not harsh or fatiguing. Detail/nuances on these come through nicely and I would rate that as good. Instrument separation is good. Sound stage is a perception of how open and 'wide' the music seems to be, and that is the weakest attribute for these, it is somewhat narrow - I would call that fair. You have to get into pretty high-dollar IEMs to get a wide sound stage due to the small drivers, I think, so all in all these perform admirably.

Direct link at Monoprice - $6.43 + shipping $1.99 = $8.42

Exactly same price .... choice of colors Black, Pink, silver, White

head-fi.org forum thread on these

Been looking for some cheap replacements for the wooden Big Lots ones, gave these a shot.

Just got mine and they are not good at all. Well, they are better than what you might get at the dollar store. Maybe. Very little bass, rolled off highs, hollow sound. Ear Candy Ink'd on sale for 10 bucks is still a better deal and light years better than these. Hold out for something better.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014