• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
update 5/3: alive again, and it looks like they restocked all their stores too. thx omarECD!
update 4/26: dead now. the price has been raised to $430. congrats to whoever got one at $350

link

Westinghouse DW46F1Y1 46" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

Specifications
* Display Type LED
* Backlight Type LED
* Screen Size 46"
* Native Resolution 1920x1080
* Refresh Rate 120Hz
* Response Time 8.5ms
* Brightness 200 cd/m2
* Dynamic Contrast Ratio 100,000:1
* Viewing Angles H/V 178 horizontal / 178 vertical viewing angles
* Speakers 2 x 10 Watt Integrated Speakers
* VGA 15-pin (1)
* HDMI (3)
* Composite In (1)
* Component In (1)
* Audio In (1) PC Audio Input(Mini Jack)
* Digital Audio Out (1) Coaxial Digital Audio Output
* Dimensions (WxDxH ) 41.63" x 10.0" x 27.25" (with stand), 41.63" x 3.8" x 24.6" (without stand)
* Weight 33.34 lbs. (with stand), 26.29 lbs. (without stand)
* Manufacturer Warranty Parts 1 Year, Labor 1 Year

TigerDirect has the same set for $400 with a TD-only $50 rebate + $18 shipping ($368 final cost)

Groupon also has it for $400. Here are some questions/answers from their users (they're mostly pretty stupid and not helpful though)

Walmart has a similar set (2 HDMI as opposed to 3) for $400 as well. FW thread

Member Summary

LED
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
a review from "apterigo" from the other forum

Yankees (May. 09, 2013 @ 3:34p) |

Just got this from MicroCenter.

A couple of observations. 1, this is just about the best deal you are going to find a 46 ... (more)

mrchara (Jul. 04, 2013 @ 8:22p) |

Have had this TV for a few months now, originally purchased bc of this deal. Picture quality is very good, especially fo... (more)

omarECD (Aug. 12, 2013 @ 9:00a) |

Physical stores: in-stock info as of 5/9

California
Orange County/Tustin - 10+ in stock

Colorado
Denver/Denver Tech Center - OOS in stock

Georgia
Greater Atlanta/Duluth - OOS in stock
Greater Atlanta/Marietta - OOS in stock

Illinois
Chicagoland/Central - OOS in stock
Chicagoland/Westmont - 1

Kansas
Kansas City/Overland Park - 10+ in stock

Massachusetts
Boston/Cambridge - 10+

Maryland
Beltway/Rockville - 4 in stock
Baltimore/Towson - 5 in stock

Michigan
Detroit/Madison Heights - OOS in stock

Minnesota
Twin Cities/St. Louis Park - 3

Missouri
St. Louis/Brentwood - 5 in stock

New Jersey
North Jersey/Paterson - 10+ in stock

New York
Long Island/Westbury - 10+ in stock
Westchester County/Yonkers - 4 in stock

Ohio
Central Ohio/Columbus - OOS in stock
Northeast Ohio/Mayfield Hts. - OOS in stock
Cincinnati/Sharonville - 10 in stock

Pennsylvania
Philadelphia/St. Davids - 6 in stock

Texas
Houston/West Loop - 1 in stock
Dallas Metroplex/Richardson - 7 in stock

Virginia
Northern Virginia/Fairfax - 10+
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have this TV in my living room, the picture is actually great! The only issue I ran into is the sound, it's important to get sound bars for these TV's (or surround sound). Good luck, at 46" and less than $400 it's a pretty good deal!

My visio had good sound, so home theater might be needed for these cheap TVs. the quality is always good on LCD, and LED, its the responce time that is slower, but you might not notice it with HDMI video

Any user reviews? I'm mainly interested in the picture quality and quality/reliability.

omarECD said:   Any user reviews? I'm mainly interested in the picture quality and quality/reliability.

other than the (positive) one from fulbuyer above, i haven't seen too many user reviews.

omarECD said:   Any user reviews? I'm mainly interested in the picture quality and quality/reliability.

Read the reviews at the WalMart site, many people had problems
and complaints with this unit.

Tacoma99 said:   omarECD said:   Any user reviews? I'm mainly interested in the picture quality and quality/reliability.

I believe that's a different model number.

omarECD said:   Tacoma99 said:   omarECD said:   Any user reviews? I'm mainly interested in the picture quality and quality/reliability.

I believe that's a different model number.

Yup, your right, and Amazon has this exact model but no reviews.
It might be a new model so I'll keep looking for reviews.

I would rather use Consumer Reports before buying tv's, cars, etc.

not a bad deal, thank you

Ordered one, thanks OP. Really hope this TV doesn't have any glitches or crap out on me like what seems to be an issue with a similar model. Hopefully they addressed those issues in this model.

Westinghouse TVs are no better/worse interms of picture quality. But if you need a repair they drag their feet and break promises all the time. If you ever buy a Westinghouse TV make sure to use a CC that extendes the warranty.

I bought a 46" Westinghouse TV from Sam's Club in January 2012 for around $460 and have had no quality issues in 14 months. The picture is great, the sound is not good so buy a soundbar. I would buy another one if I needed it.

ProfitAfterRebates said:   I bought a 46" Westinghouse TV from Sam's Club in January 2012 for around $460 and have had no quality issues in 14 months. The picture is great, the sound is not good so buy a soundbar. I would buy another one if I needed it.

I have been using this 42" Westinghouse for my main PC monitor since 2008 ($699 for 42" 1080P 60hz which was a great deal back then) and have not had any issues with it all...

Text

we just bought the 50 inch version yesterday and picked it up from Microcenter. It was $570 out the door after tax. So far it has been just as good as any. High quality glass stand and plenty of inputs, no HDMI handshaking issues as I have had with some cheaper tv's.

we just bought the 50 inch version yesterday and picked it up from Microcenter. It was $570 out the door after tax. So far it has been just as good as any. High quality glass stand and plenty of inputs, no HDMI handshaking issues as I have had with some cheaper tv's.

Please read the warranty VERY carefully.

Westinghouse will only perform in-home service for 50 something and above.

If you buy this and you have a problem (very likely considering their reputation), you will be required to return it at your expense. You probably will find it cheaper to throw it away and buy a new one based on shipping rates today.

You can verify the warranty at their site.

petty43 said:   Please read the warranty VERY carefully.

Westinghouse will only perform in-home service for 50 something and above.

If you buy this and you have a problem (very likely considering their reputation), you will be required to return it at your expense. You probably will find it cheaper to throw it away and buy a new one based on shipping rates today.

You can verify the warranty at their site.

Yep that is correct...

http://westinghousedigital.com/support/warranty/

OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE To obtain warranty services, you must ship the Product to a Westinghouse Digital service center freight prepaid, in its original packaging or in packaging providing an equal degree of protection. Westinghouse Digital is not responsible for damage to any Product that occurs during shipping. Please call Westinghouse Digital at (800) 701-0680 for the locations of the nearest Westinghouse Digital service center.

I've got 3 Westinghouse LED TV's, the first one I bought was dead out of the box. I did have to return it for warranty and pay for shipping. The other 2 haven't had any trouble. The sound is the worst part of these, the remotes have limited range, I use a Logiteech and the range seems fine.

If warranties are an issue go with square trade.

dead now. the price has been raised to $430. congrats to whoever got one at $350

Alive again!

omarECD said:   Alive again!

haha. thx omarECD!

Actually just bought this tv yesterday. Slim bezel and slim design 40" was also on sale for 279. It was a tough decision since this isn't the slim design but does have the slim bezel. But all in all does a great job pretty decent picture in 1080i and 1080p situations. Only complaint would be the simple menu options not much you can mess with. 120hz cannot be turned on or off so I'm not sure when it's on.... But I haven't seen any ghosting effects. I also had to turn down the contrast since the original default is somewhat too high for some reason. Like I said very simple menu. Audio it's not the greatest at all but then again with a tv that size I'm sure you have a soundbar of some kind already. I personally have the z906 from Logitech that I got on sale for 149$ about a year ago. Use for the tv is for pc games being run via hdmi. So far seems like a good buy for the price! Oh needless to say I like it better than my brothers 55 lg g2 tv which he paid 1400$+tax for... As far as video quality lol... I still love my Sony ex620 in my other room of course this Westinghouse would not compare at all to it lol and thanks to fat wallet I got for 514 about 2 years ago !

$348 free shipping on Amazon $348 free shipping

Just refused UPS delivery of one ordered from Groupon. They are shipping these in the thin retail boxes and UPS beat the hell out of it. If you order one, my advice is to be there in person to receive it and even then UPS drivers want to dump and run and tell you to file a claim. Refuse it! Another warning is Groupon won't issue a refund until they get it back which is BS and my bet is the thing will come completely out of the box before it gets there. AMEX solved that in heartbeat.

liddonibblez said:   $348 free shipping on Amazon $348 free shipping

Thats a older NON-Led model.

a review from "apterigo" from the other forum

I own both the DW46F1Y1 and the DW50F1Y1, and this goes for both televisions. Color reproduction is decent to good, but sound is not that great. Either very quiet or fairly loud. Also, the ability to adjust settings are minimum (no tint, no individual colors). Settings are not numbered, so trying to reproduce settings across sources is a pain. For the price, I think the television is a good value, but to each their own.

Just got this from MicroCenter.

A couple of observations. 1, this is just about the best deal you are going to find a 46 (the 46 appears to be the sweet spot) inch LED backlit HDTV. I mean really, I started out the day planning to buy a 150.00 32 inch set, and when I saw this I just couldn't ignore the difference. Do not go out and buy this and expect cinematic levels of picture quality or perfect backlight uniformity (even the highest end LCDs suffer from backlight problems). It's just a good solid TV for a TV's sake. Everything PQ-wise is "good enough". No more no less. The glass stand was a curious and welcome inclusion. Upper right and left corners of the picture were a little dark.

Next, to me there is one major glaring defect with the audio on this TV, and it's not the internal speakers. Rather, the TV is completely missing any sort of analog audio outputs. This is a major annoyance if you are using older non surround sound audio equipment or just need analog line level audio out from your TV regardless the reason. I had to go to Radio Shack and purchase a converter for 40.00 to resolve this. So now my 350.00 tv is really 390. Amazon has a converter for 17.00 but I didn't want to wait.

All in all, for a TV that costs pennies you can't really go wrong here. Just keep in mind that if you're willing to double your budget and can control the brightness in your room, you can go from a very average "good enough" TV to one of the best packages of 2013 period in a 700.00 Panasonic TC-P50S60 and get 4 extra inches to boot.

Have had this TV for a few months now, originally purchased bc of this deal. Picture quality is very good, especially for this price range. Also really like the thin bezel look. I have external speakers/receiver so the poor built-in speakers don't bother me one bit. All in all, very glad I purchased this TV despite my initial hesitation. I just hope its reliable and continues to operate well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014