• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Credit goes to Sunnybyday on SD:

T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 521 smartphone with a car charger and screen protector for $149.95 NO CONTRACT.

The new Windows Phone 8 smartphone, Nokia Lumia 521 for T-Mobile, will be bundled with a car charger and screen protector for $149.95 on HSN - with free shipping and handling and a flex pay option will be available. This is NO CONTRACT PRICE. This deal with debut this Saturday, April 27th, please check local listings for specific air times. Also available on HSN.com Following the HSN debut On April 27th, the Nokia Lumia 521 will be available at Microsoft Retail Stores and WalMart on May 11. The Lumia 521 will be $149 at Microsoft Retail Stores. At WalMart, the Lumia 521 will be available with the retailer’s exclusive T-Mobile no contract $30 per month unlimited Web and text plan.

This is a great deal for a solid mid/low-level smartphone. Looks very handsome with tons of bright color options. Tons of colorful accessories. Has great reviews, IMO way better than the android smartphones sold at this price point. The Lumia 521 is the lowest priced windows 8 smartphone yet. Solid phone as a first smartphone, for parents and Kids. A proper smartphone with very few compromises at this price.

if you have a bank of america card and log into BOA's website, you can get $10 off any purchase as well from HSN to sweeten the deal - comes out to $ 139.95 Thanks downluda
For those with Discover card .. . shopdiscover has 5% CashBack on HSN.com... Thanks JackD121

The Nokia Lumia 521 Specs -
•Display - 4” 800 x 480 px IPS screen,
•Super Sensitive Touch - touchscreen can be used with gloves on, nails, pen etc
•1GHz Dual-core Snapdragon processor
•8GB storage,a microSD slot (upto 64 GB expandable),
•OS Windows Phone 8,
•512RAM,
•battery 1430mAh
•5MP camera with 720p video recording,
•Full Offline GPS with lifetime updates,
•MS Office included ,
•9.9mm thick , weight 124 grams,
•Tmobile 4G HSPA+ 21Mbps connectivity.
•SkyDrive cloud storage of 7GB free,
•Nokia Music free,
•X-Box on phone,
•Many Nokia Exclusive apps - City Lense, Music, great photo apps, Nokia Conference, Cinemagraph, Creative Studio, Panorama, Smart Shoot and HERE Drive, Maps and Transit. etc
•Windows Phone now has 49 of top 50 apps - Angry Birds, Temple Run, Pandora , TuneIn, Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, CNN, Fox, NBC, Accuweather, eBay, Chase, BoA, Shazam, Skype, Tripit, Tumblr, wikipedia etc..chances are you will find most of the apps you use here. Not quite up-to iPhone apps level, but getting better every day.

Check out apps that are available on windows phone at -
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

Check out more about this phone at Nokia website -
http://www.nokia.com/global/produ.../lumia520/

GSMArena detailed Specs
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_520-5322.php

http://www.hsn.com/

Image credit : Daniel Rubino, Windows Phone central. Check out their initial review of this device at the link: http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...mpressions

The Details..

On April 27th, multichannel retailer HSN will introduce T-Mobile’s exclusive Nokia Lumia 521 to audiences during its bi-annual Innovation Weekend on HSN, HSN.com and via HSN Mobile. This will be the first time T-Mobile and a Nokia smartphone will be featured during the special event. The Windows Phone 8 smartphone will be bundled with a car charger and screen protector for $149.95 with free shipping and handling and a flex pay option will be available. Please check local listings for specific air times.

Following the HSN debut, the Nokia Lumia 521 will be available at Microsoft Retail Stores and WalMart on May 11. The Lumia 521 will be $149 at Microsoft Retail Stores. At WalMart, the Lumia 521 will be available with the retailer’s exclusive T-Mobile no contract $30 per month unlimited Web and text plan.

Powered by Windows Phone 8, the Lumia 521, which will run on T-Mobile’s fast nationwide 4G network, is a perfect, everyday smartphone that will embody a range of high-end features at an affordable price. The smartphone features a super sensitive 4” touch screen, 5MP camera with auto focus and 720p HD video recording. It will also include exclusive Nokia applications such as Nokia Music, Cinemagraph, Creative Studio, Panorama, Smart Shoot and HERE Drive, Maps and Transit.

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/arti...-available

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 521
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think T Mob just came out with a new unlock protocol requiring a 7-day wait period after the 521 is registered to the ... (more)

E4300 (Aug. 13, 2013 @ 11:08a) |

Cant ask for a better value for money. As sweet as it can get.

BennyZz (Aug. 13, 2013 @ 11:29a) |

I went for the Nokia 521 after reading about it here and thought I'd give some feedback. I do not have any previous sma... (more)

Frey (Aug. 13, 2013 @ 2:16p) |

Link live NOW: Text
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Attractive price. Note 512MB ram and no front-facing camera. You cannot unlock this legally anymore, unless Tmo allows it.

bands in case someone was wondering...

2G Network
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all versions

3G Network
HSDPA 900 / 2100 - RM-914
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - RM-915
HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - RM-917

ipower2 said:   Attractive price. Note 512MB ram and no front-facing camera. You cannot unlock this legally anymore, unless Tmo allows it.

Luckily Windows phone is not a processing or Memory hog like Android. So This should be pretty snappy still

Very interesting, and appealing. Are these typically on display in the T-Mobile stores? I would love to put my hands on one before deciding. I was getting ready to order a Blackberry Curve 9315, but was hesitating because of the now outdated OS, I was also considering one of the Windows 7.5 phones, but once again didn't want to put a couple hundred dollars into a phone that is already obsolete.

I currently have an Exhibit II 4G, which is OK, but like the Blackberry and Windows OS a lot better. If I can put my hands on one and it isn't too bulky, I think I will go with this one.

great for the WalMart-tmobile plan

Hey guys I got a great deal on steerage tickets for the Titanic!

Looking for something like this!

dzer0 said:   Hey guys I got a great deal on steerage tickets for the Titanic! oh yeah? I'm sure you can get a lot of money for it (http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=4574522&page=1#.UXn... =P

Just ordered 1 through HSN (via BOA) for 149.xx. Hope to get $10 back!
HSN launched it a bit early
Link

shihkang said:   Also available on the 27th at Wal-Mart:

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57581407-85/nokias-budget-lumia-521-phone-starts-selling-april-27-for-$150/

"A few weeks later on May 11, the Lumia 521 will land at WalMart and Microsoft retail stores."

S105dude said:   shihkang said:   Also available on the 27th at Wal-Mart:

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57581407-85/nokias-budget-lumia-521-phone-starts-selling-april-27-for-$150/

"A few weeks later on May 11, the Lumia 521 will land at WalMart and Microsoft retail stores."

+Tax!

+Tax!

some states do not charge Sales Tax.

Windows Phone 8 is great OS.

Adios Android sux knowing you.

Do I need a data plan or can I just use it for voice only prepaid plans; and use wifi for data needs.

Do I need a data plan or can I just use it for voice only prepaid plans; and use wifi for data needs.

You do not need a data plan. No contract..

Thanks, OP!

There is no color choice on HSN site. This phone has many cool colors...

It looks like that it does not come with Gorrila Glass.

guessing it is locked to T mobile OP?

T-Mobile will unlock the phone for free.

T-Mobile will unlock the phone for free.

Link for the info?

It should work with T-Mobile MVNO, like Ptel etc out of box.

f2000sa said:   There is no color choice on HSN site. This phone has many cool colors...

It looks like that it does not come with Gorrila Glass.

If you look at the specs ( and all of the you tube videos of its announcement) the front of the phone is black but the back is white ( which is what is listed on the specs at HSN). The good thing is that the back's are swappable, you can buy a replacement back of a different color eventually. I dont know about the Gorilla glass.

I'm waiting for mine to come, im fine with white but might end up swapping it out later

We have seen some great windows phone apps in the last 30 days. Now, windows phone 8 has all the top apps. Cheers to Nokia and Wp8.

Thanks OP,

I was shopping for an entry level lumia to replace my 710. And f@cked if you did not just post a deal that rocks. Now to sell my lumia 710 and enjoy a larger screen for my sad old eyes.

Is this Pentaband? As in will it work on AT&T 3/4g? (not LTE)

Tax only in FL and CA:
http://www.hsn.com/cs/policies/default.aspx
Sales tax is applied to all orders shipped to Florida and California. HSN is required by law to collect and submit sales tax in these states in which we are deemed to have a physical presence. The sales tax displayed online is only an estimate. Your actual sales tax will be calculated when your order is processed and will be displayed correctly on your Packing Slip.

Man, I wish it has a front facing camera even a tiny one!

f2000sa said:   T-Mobile will unlock the phone for free.

Link for the info?

It should work with T-Mobile MVNO, like Ptel etc out of box.

You asked

Man, I wish it has a front facing camera even a tiny one!

This is a budget phone. They try to minimize the cost and yet make a quite capable phone. When you pay $150, and not $650 for a phone, you need to have some sacrifice.

had anyone tried to use this on StraightTalk? thx in advance!

had anyone tried to use this on StraightTalk? thx in advance!

Too early, few people except beta testers have this.

Is there an app for windows 8 phones that will work with a q-see dvr? I'm still searching around.

hmm.. Black only from HSN? Actually, it could be any color from HSN? You can't pick a color.

Now sold out!

SSi said:   hmm.. Black only from HSN? Actually, it could be any color from HSN? You can't pick a color.
Specs say white

Skipping 113 Messages...
I went for the Nokia 521 after reading about it here and thought I'd give some feedback. I do not have any previous smartphone experience, but I've enjoyed the added features this phone brings. I also do not have a data plan, as I'm stingy and don't feel like I need it with Wifi at work and home. This did lead to a problem of my own design.

For the first month after I got the phone, I was unable to send or receive picture messages. After a lengthy call to T-Mobile, that problem has been solved. Slightly paranoid of the possibility of using unpurchased data, I turned the off the data connection on the phone. I figured that it would help prevent accidental browsing. Unknowingly, this disabled my ability to send and receive picture messages. Since that problem has been fixed, I have had no complaints.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014