• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HSN.com Link: Text

Wal-Mart Link ($199): Text

T-Mobile Link ($240.99)(OOS): Text

GSM Arena Review: Text

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile promo codes that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

LG Optimus L9
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Updated my L9 to Jellybean last night still smooth & adequately fast

KidCharliemain (May. 06, 2013 @ 7:02p) |

got 1, can i unlock to use it for another carrier?

dragonle2000 (May. 06, 2013 @ 7:51p) |

so which one you like better between those 2?

dragonle2000 (May. 06, 2013 @ 7:54p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Jelly Bean upgradeable Text

So is the nexus 4 worth $120 more? I know it's super subjective...but curious to others opinions.

Just a heads-up: Starting Saturday, HSN will be debuting T-Mobile's new Lumia 521 for $150. Windows Phones on the low end are known for running incredibly smooth. If you aren't committed to Android, you might want to wait.

I don't know if I should pull the triger now or wait since Android 5 is coming out. My believe is that all other Android phones will go down on price.

just got the lg optimus for $80 at Straight Talk (WalMart)
no contract, $45/month unlimited

Text

YankeeRedneck said:   just got the lg optimus for $80 at Straight Talk (WalMart)

Text

I am guessing it isn't the same Optimus. Optimus is LG's version of Samsung's Galaxy. It is a general name used on their line of phones.

mase123987 said:   YankeeRedneck said:   just got the lg optimus for $80 at Straight Talk (WalMart)

Text

I am guessing it isn't the same Optimus. Optimus is LG's version of Samsung's Galaxy. It is a general name used on their line of phones.

Not the same phone:

LG Optimus Dynamic™
Android™2.3
3.2" Touch Screen
3G/Wi-Fi® CONNECTIVITY
3 MP Camera/Video Recorder
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
800 MHz Processor
4GB microSD™ Card Included
This phone will only work with the $45 Unlimited Plan or the $60 Unlimited + International Plan.

Keep in mind this phone is only dual core with 1GB. Most apps today, even the chrome browser require 4 core with 2GB ram. 8GB is the new norm.

fatxman said:   Keep in mind this phone is only dual core with 1GB. Most apps today, even the chrome browser require 4 core with 2GB ram. 8GB is the new norm.
This is so misguided I don't even know where to begin.

Keep in mind this phone is only dual core with 1GB. Most apps today, even the chrome browser require 4 core with 2GB ram. 8GB is the new norm

Sure. Water cooling and 120mm fan is also recommended.

Daughter has one. I can't think of another phone this good in the price range. It cuts some corners, but it's a good phone for the price.

fatxman said:   Keep in mind this phone is only dual core with 1GB. Most apps today, even the chrome browser require 4 core with 2GB ram. 8GB is the new norm.

Wait.. are we talking about phone or PC?

mase123987 said:   Just a heads-up: Starting Saturday, HSN will be debuting T-Mobile's new Lumia 521 for $150. Windows Phones on the low end are known for running incredibly smooth. If you aren't committed to Android, you might want to wait.

second that Lumia 521 looks like a much better deal than this one.

ezwrighter said:   So is the nexus 4 worth $120 more? I know it's super subjective...but curious to others opinions.

Pro Nexus 4: better screen, better camera, faster, more memory, newer software and will be updated more often
Pro Optimus LG 9: replaceable battery, microSD card (limited as of 4.0.4 to media only - not available for apps. maybe this is fixed in JB - don't know yet).

bottom line (for me, at least): if your use is mainly as a messaging, media and web device - L9 is better cost wise. If you want apps and games: Nexus is better. And if you want to give your kids a great phone without spending/risking too much money, L9 is the way to go (I bought two of my kids the L9 and I have the Nexus).

zklopman said:   ezwrighter said:   So is the nexus 4 worth $120 more? I know it's super subjective...but curious to others opinions.

Pro Nexus 4: better screen, better camera, faster, more memory, newer software and will be updated more often
Pro Optimus LG 9: replaceable battery, microSD card (limited as of 4.0.4 to media only - not available for apps. maybe this is fixed in JB - don't know yet).

bottom line (for me, at least): if your use is mainly as a messaging, media and web device - L9 is better cost wise. If you want apps and games: Nexus is better. And if you want to give your kids a great phone without spending/risking too much money, L9 is the way to go (I bought two of my kids the L9 and I have the Nexus).

For me, the one big thing is the stock android experience and getting updates from Google directly..probably not a big factor for most people though...if you could get this price and then go to the $30 tmobile prepaid plan it would be a really good deal...but the Nexus 4 using $30 T-Mobile prepaid plan much better value if you can get by with 100 minutes per month and you can manage with voip otherwise..over 2 years the nexus is still $260 cheaper..

My only issue with Lumia is its Micro Sim Otherwise I'd have bitten
Dont want to deal with sim cutters and adapters

HSN does have new Nokia Lumia 521 model for only $150!

You're still here saying false things?

I have one and its works great and for the price I think you can't find one as good as this one

I have one and its works great and for the price I think you can't find one as good as this one as least of now with Android 4.0.4

The Lumia 521 is Sold Out on HSN's website

mase123987 said:   Just a heads-up: Starting Saturday, HSN will be debuting T-Mobile's new Lumia 521 for $150. Windows Phones on the low end are known for running incredibly smooth. If you aren't committed to Android, you might want to wait.

http://www.hsn.com/products/nokia-lumia-no-contract-4-windows-8-... Comes with car charger too.

I bought this phone back in January for $200 + $50 Air time from TMO. So far, I love the phone. I have not rooted it yet but one thing for sure that this thing is bloated with all sort of crap from TMO and LG.

Performance wise I its very decent. Very light in weight. Battery life is pretty good. Back in January I was debating the same thing as few other people above between this and Nexus 4. The biggest thing that turned me off from Nexus 4 is not supporting external storage (same as any of those iPhones). I would highly recommend this phone.

In 4 1! Thank you, OP.

Califon, NJ
Disclaimer

Blossoms
Disclaimer
I bought this phone last month to use with T-Mobile's pay as you go.

With the exception of the bloat apps which can't be uninstalled, I can't really complain much about this. This phone supports all the apps that I need, has good call quality, sharp display, excellent video, good camera etc. At this price, I'm not going to complain about the lack of HDMI connectivity or eyeball tracking etc.

The display can be hard to see outdoors if it is a very sunny bright day. If you are buying this, I'd recommend getting a case from the leading auction site, which cost me about $3 with free shipping. I've attached two sample pictures out of the phone's camera, which were taken with default settings.

cheaperisbetter said:   The Lumia 521 is Sold Out on HSN's website

Now back in stock!!

arebangdu said:   My only issue with Lumia is its Micro Sim Otherwise I'd have bitten

This L9 also uses the micro sim.

arebangdu said:   My only issue with Lumia is its Micro Sim Otherwise I'd have bitten

I got my SIM cut at the local best buy. They did it for free. YMMV.

Hsn is the slowest shipper.

TiredOfTaxes said:   arebangdu said:   My only issue with Lumia is its Micro Sim Otherwise I'd have bitten

I got my SIM cut at the local best buy. They did it for free. YMMV.

Careful with cut SIMs, my L9 seems to handle it okay, but I have watched devices get wrecked by them.

Upon removal, the edges rip the SIM pins out. I didn't believe it until I saw a MiFi with no SIM pins... caused by a cut SIM.

If possible, always get a real microSIM. Your device will thank you.

Has anyone got WiFi calling to work on the pay as you go plan? It keeps saying SIM error 5, I went to mobile they said they would fix it but it would take a couple of hours, but the red icon is still there a day later.

the mobile guy also told me that WiFi calling was free and did not use minutes which I am pretty sure is wrong. I got the L9 and the 521 both are pretty good phones.

It eventually started working then the jellybean ota came through. if it is not clear if you are on pay as you go it does cost minutes as far as I can tell, but if you are international there is no roaming on wifi.

so far it looks pretty good phone, I got the nokia 521 and my wife got the l9 and both of us are pretty happy.

Updated my L9 to Jellybean last night still smooth & adequately fast

got 1, can i unlock to use it for another carrier?

so which one you like better between those 2?

sandyman said:   Has anyone got WiFi calling to work on the pay as you go plan? It keeps saying SIM error 5, I went to mobile they said they would fix it but it would take a couple of hours, but the red icon is still there a day later.

the mobile guy also told me that WiFi calling was free and did not use minutes which I am pretty sure is wrong. I got the L9 and the 521 both are pretty good phones.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014