• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dishworld iptv is an international tv service from dish tv without using any satellite dish.
It uses a Roku box or alternatively pc app or Android app(no ios app yet).

You can watch international channels in various languages using Roku box on your tv. You need a high speed internet connection.

They are running two schemes.

http://www.dishworld.com/

1) Get first 3 months for $14.95 per month. Normally upto $45 per month for Hindi mega pack. So you get 3 months for the price of one.
http://www.dishworld.com/index.html

2) Another scheme is for a free Roku box if you pay upfront for 4 months. First 3 months at $14.95 and fourth month at normal price.
For approximately $85 for various languages, you get 4 months of service and a free Roku LT box.
http://www.dishworld.com/roku.html

I have been using their Hindi premium pack for past 1 month and have had very good overall service. Zee tv comes in HD. Others are SD.
You can go back up to 8 days and view any program. That's a cloud DVR for free.

Customer service is very fast and helpful over phone. Email service just responds to call on phone and is useless per me.

Member Summary

Dishworld
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
deleted

quizzer25 (Aug. 13, 2013 @ 1:41p) |

Yes. You can by using different email address and create new account. You can use same cc if you want to. I have done it... (more)

amanprogrammer (Sep. 23, 2013 @ 6:56a) |

Worst customer service, fraud company..service is poor too. I would stay away from them..

wolfy234 (Oct. 01, 2013 @ 4:46p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Roku
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There are alternatives if you don't want HINDI Channels which are much cheaper.

Example: Telugu --> Reliable IPTV. All available channels except TV9. for $19.99 per month with 15 days of cloud DVR.

Yupp tv almost same price as reliable.

thanks OP. can you watch on multiple Roku's at same time and fast forward commercials?

In general 1 stream is included.
2 streams total Normally $10 Additonal, $5 now as a promo. Don't know how long the promo price is valid
3 streams total Normally $20 Additonal, $10 now as a promo.Don't know how long the promo price is valid

I think OP is from same or related promotional guy.

Talking about customer service, I just spoke to one of their CS and :
1) this guy was not able to respond in time, it seems that I was connected to some IP based Internet phone
2) the promotional package does not give anything to try, these IP based TV streaming service are the worst, specially Indian based, I had very bad experience with watchindia.tv service in past. I invested in their two set top boxes costing each more then $150, in the end, I has to trash boxes and disconnect the service due to poor streaming. Also they stopped original programs streaming like Sony, SAB etc.
3) for 5 individual Hindi channels they have $29.99 package which is same as my currently subscribed AT&T, they offered me 3 months channels free and free DVR, professional installations etc.
4) CS guy was not able to respond my basic questions I don't why but seems cheap call center how does not know about what they are selling even talking.

I would suggest to keep away from these services, until they have some free trial or something, also based on my experience they are also not reliable for a long run, after some point of time they might stop streaming for some of the favorite channels like watchindia did to me. channel content providers have different contracts for these services, not as cable/dish based.

Lastly I am not sure the name DishWorld sounds like its a big name related to dish India or DishTv but after talking to CS I can confirm they are not big.

arckal said:   Lastly I am not sure the name DishWorld sounds like its a big name related to dish India or DishTv but after talking to CS I can confirm they are not big.

I can't comment on the quality of the service or customer service, but they are a part of Dish Network: http://about.dish.com/blog/la-audio-file-reviews-dishworld-iptv

I am a personal user. No relation to Dish except using their service.
I had taken the service when they were offering 1 month free. It's been over a month now and I haven't faced any issues.

This is DISH network. A majorly big cable tv service, not some fly by the night operator who might close shop and go away.
You don't need to buy any additional product to try the service. You can check it out using PC or Android and can cancel any time. There are no contracts.

The no contracts and no satellite dish required is what attracted me to this service. That and the availability of all major Hindi channels. Yupp doesn't have most of the channels. I haven't tried Tamil package and can't comment on that. My apartment is on a side on which I apparently can't get signal from Dish satellite, so the only big cable tv option for me was Time Warner which was more expensive and didn't have as many channels.

As for CS, I had originally taken basic package and 15 days later upgraded to premium package. I was supposed to get 1 month free but apparently after changing the plan, they charge immediately. I wasn't aware of this and got charged. The CS who did the change didn't inform then either. I called CS again and they made my second month payment to $1 only instead of $40.

Overall I am happy with the service and the CS interaction that I have had.

OP, could you tell some more about the cloud DVR? does it work for fast-forwarding thru commercials? can we go back and forth in the current program like a DVR?

you can go back to a program that was telecast earlier and there you can forward commercials. You can also pause live programming and then restart where you left. You cannot forward commercials in live programming. But anything older you can forward

Can I d/c it after 4 months w/o any penalty? I need this only for 4 months...

Yes. there is no contract. I also am going to have it for 3 months while my parents are here.

if you disconnect after 3 months do u have to return the Roku?

Do they stream LIVE programs or prerecorded?

I am also thinking of this service, instead, I am looking for Chinese channels, which is only 15/month as regular price. But I am wondering if the streaming quality is good or not?

Hi,

DishTV has the best hindi programming in USA. They have the best selection of all major channels. All others incl YuppTV, Directv, AT&T, comcast etc either have too few channels or literally useless channels (yupptv). Thats why I had dish hindi mega pack for last 4 years. However after I moved to a difft city my new apartment did not have any signal at all for DishTV. I tried most of the things (yupp, XBMC etc), but the best I found was this DishWorld package. Hence I recently purchased this 4 month with free Roku deal. Their selection of channels is exactly same as DishTV with a satellite dish. There is one negative and three positive points. The negative is that the quality is not as good as satellite dish. But its not bad at all. Just that satellite gives you real DVD quality for SD channels and Blueray quality for HD channels. However let me emphasize again that the quality on DishWorld is not bad at all, and within 4-5 days I forgot that there is any difference in satellite and Dishworld. Positive point 1 is, that you dont have to worry about south facing patio or any space waste in patio anymore. Since its via internet. Positive point 2: You have the option of watching live as well as stored programs. And you can skip ads in stored programs. You dont need any DVR here since its stored on servers. On satellite, you have to explicitly store programs on DVR to see later. Here on Dishworld, all channels and all the programs are stored already on cloud, so you can watch any past program. Plus even if you want to watch a live program, and you start from middle of the program (say the program/movie started at 9PM and you started watching it at 9:20), the app will ask you if you want to watch the program really LIVE or from beginning. You can select from beginning without missing a single minute, and then can skip ads when they come . The positive number 3 is, you can watch simultaneously on many devices. I have it installed on my Roku, on my android phone as well as on my Windows 7 laptop PC. Yes they have a very good application for Windows too. So, if you are ok with connecting your laptop to TV you dont even need a Roku. Now, while my wife is watching serials on TV, I can console myself with the news channels on my laptop I am very very happy with the DishWorld IPTV. I only wish that they had exact same great quality on DishWorld too like they have it on Satellite dish. But once again, its not too much of a difference and I can definately live with that. Afterall, I am at least getting to watch all my best Indian channels.

Thanks,
Charan

These guys are the worst and its a scam. If it works, good for you. If anything doesn't work, remember it is your responsibility and not theirs. no refunds/exchanges/cancellations. Your money is gone. I got a faulty Roku device and haven't seen anything much for last 6 weeks since I ordered and paid $140+ to them, spent hours talking to Roku on troubleshooting and finally Roku is replacing with a refurbished device after I ship (with my money) the previous one to them.

i'd try to dispute, cancel as soon as I can and advice everyone to stay away from them.

After searching more, I hear several horror stories so looks like OP is one of them.

Moderator - some more help would be good here.

Thanks for your comments. Are any TV shows streaming/buffering?

Don't even go with these guys. These are money suckers and will not intimate you about renewals or when they are charging your account.. and quality of streaming is also very bad

Thanks buddy. anything else can I opt to watch Hindi channels without streaming/buffering? I think YUPPTV is not showing popular Hindi channels in their package?

I got this for my wife so she can watch Brazilian channels. We already had a couple of Roku boxes, so this was an easy way to get a third one free...

After I got this, I dropped my satellite service completely since I had it only for the Brazilian channels but it required a minimum package in addition to the Brazilian channels. (they still haven't refunded my money on the satellite service yet and it's been about two months ago) Went from $130/month to $35/month (after my 3 discounted months are up). Lots of other free TV available over the Roku too.

No streaming problems (over Charter internet - 30 mbps). I did have to change up my wireless channels to avoid interference from neighbors - which was causing a lot of buffering problems in the first couple of weeks until I figured it out.

I have been getting a $5.47 charge each month, must be some kind of tax. (or maybe it's because I signed up for 2 simultaneous streams - each one after the initial is another $5 - I don't remember if they included that in the initial prepayment or not)

On my second month now.

Yes, we know that already...!!!
YuppTV, as the same suggests, is targeted for south-indians only (I know, it's a shame but that's how they want to do business).

That's why OP specifically mentioned HINDI MEGA PACK, correct?

If you know some other provider for Hindi channels with better or at least same quality/price of dishworld, pls enlighten us.

guys what happens after first 3 month. can we disconnect the service and sign it again to get the 3 months promotion?

mgupta001 said:   guys what happens after first 3 month. can we disconnect the service and sign it again to get the 3 months promotion?

Any updates on Dishworld IPTV?

deleted

Yes. You can by using different email address and create new account. You can use same cc if you want to. I have done it for 3 times (3 months * 3 = 9 months). 

Worst customer service, fraud company..service is poor too. I would stay away from them..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014