Voting History
rated:
http://www.outback.com/menu/outback4_april2013.aspx

YOUR 4-COURSE MEAL, MATE:

1. Choose YOUR WALKABOUT SOUP OF THE DAY

2. Choose your Signature Side Salad:
• House Salad
• Caesar Salad
• Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad (add $1)
• Classic Blue Cheese Wedge Salad (add $1)

3. Choose Your Entree:
• Outback Specialฎ Sirloin
• Victoria's Filet (additional charge)
• Honey Dijon Chicken
• Perfectly Grilled Salmon
• Sweet Glazed Pork Tenderloin
over garlic mashed potatoes

4. Choose Your Irresistible Dessert:
• Classic Cheesecake
• Carrot Cake

Locations

Member Summary

No Rules just Steak
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Unfortunately, a quick google search shows that at many other restaurants, including Sizzler and Long Horn, the 6oz stea... (more)

rooms222 (Apr. 29, 2013 @ 4:22p) |

3 oz. meat = the recommended portion for a meal. Just sayin'

sackoloot (Apr. 29, 2013 @ 11:42p) |

As per mike bloomberg

BosuxRedsux (Apr. 30, 2013 @ 6:28p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just looked at their menu, and you can get the same thing without the desert for $12.90

(at least for the outback special sirloin)

The Victoria's fillet might be ok depending on how much the undisclosed "additional charge is

Hopefully their steak is hotter than this deal

I know where I'm having dinner Sat. night.Thanks.

I like Outback Steak better than McDonald Big Mac

I wonder if this promo will be valid after 5/12 so I can use my Flemings $20 bonus cards...hehee

playmaster said:   I wonder if this promo will be valid after 5/12 so I can use my Flemings $20 bonus cards...hehee

I was thinking the same thing.

billmr said:   I just looked at their menu, and you can get the same thing without the desert for $12.90
(at least for the outback special sirloin)
the special does not come with soup...

Salmon farm raised??

ElGuache said:   playmaster said:   I wonder if this promo will be valid after 5/12 so I can use my Flemings $20 bonus cards...hehee

I was thinking the same thing.

You also bought the $100 card right? You can use that $100 card anytime (unlike the bonus card which has specific use and expiration dates).

vickh said:   Salmon farm raised??

No, it was raised in the city!

Ameristralia!

*Price and product participation may vary by location

Trivia Tidbit: The hype and theme atmosphere aside, Outback has no Australian roots whatsoever. (Not that it matters)

It was originated in Tampa, Florida and is almost exclusively an American brand. They did eventually develop 6 locations in Australia and a few in Korea after it became well established.

If the meal comes with two sides as well as the soup and salad then I think this is a good deal. I think Outback is a pretty good deal anyway.

MrWizzard said:   Trivia Tidbit: The hype and theme atmosphere aside, Outback has no Australian roots whatsoever. (Not that it matters)

It was originated in Tampa, Florida and is almost exclusively an American brand. They did eventually develop 6 locations in Australia and a few in Korea after it became well established.

Its competitor, Texas Roadhouse, is based in Louisville, Ky and has nothing in its roots re: Texas (IIRC, they buy their beef from the Midwest.)

About the only genuine article I can think of in franchising is KFC, it was and still is based in KY, although was told that the HQ was almost moved to Atlanta in the 1970s.

I read that the Outback people purposely did not go to Australia before they finished developing the concept, as they wanted it to be ideally developed as a fantasy of Australia in people's minds, with as much appeal as possible to customers.

vickh said:   Salmon farm raised??

It's their special Kangaroo salmon.

Had the pork dish the other night it was very good , the sauce on the pork was yummy.

You can also go in earlier and buy a $50 gift card to pay for dinner and you will get a $10 gift card for free to be used from 5/13-7/15. offer details

rooms222 said:   I read that the Outback people purposely did not go to Australia before they finished developing the concept, as they wanted it to be ideally developed as a fantasy of Australia in people's minds, with as much appeal as possible to customers.

The authentic version, with dunny spiders in the restrooms, didn't score well with marketing test groups.

One time the food was cold and I asked them to reheat it. They microwaved it and gave it to me...

srevis said:   You can also go in earlier and buy a $50 gift card to pay for dinner and you will get a $10 gift card for free to be used from 5/13-7/15. offer details

Stack 5% CB if you pay for it with Chase Freedom

srevis said:   You can also go in earlier and buy a $50 gift card to pay for dinner and you will get a $10 gift card for free to be used from 5/13-7/15. offer details

Can you then use two cards to pay for a meal ie I get the 10 card and have money left over on the 50 card after the initial meal, can I then use both cards at a subsequent visit?

drmorb said:   srevis said:   You can also go in earlier and buy a $50 gift card to pay for dinner and you will get a $10 gift card for free to be used from 5/13-7/15. offer details

Can you then use two cards to pay for a meal ie I get the 10 card and have money left over on the 50 card after the initial meal, can I then use both cards at a subsequent visit?
$50 gift card is a gift card and should be able to carry a balance like any other gift card. $10 is a promo card good between specific dates and can by used with the balance on the $50 gift card. Gift cards are a cash equivalent so think of them like cash. Promo cards have restrictions on them which I think say no alcohol or tax or tips. If your food is above $10 that really doesn't matter as the promo card can be applied against that and the gift card the rest including tax and alcohol and tips.

Went there the other day (the Victoria's Filet was an additional $8 btw) and usually we get the 6oz Outback Special and salad for $9.99. This time we got the Chicken Tortilla soup (yummy but mucho unhealthy which goes hand in hand), caesar salad, 6oz Outback Special steak and cheesecake. Pretty nice deal for $15 IMO.

Appears to be super small portions. Did you notice that the salad dressing and soup appear to be served in the exact same sized container? Possibly 3 ounces.

Never been to this restaurant; plan on going tonight. Thx OP for sharing.

Maybe Outback has come down in price. They used to be so expensive for the mediocre quality.

This is hardly what I call a deal unless you happen to want exactly the choices offered. I ate there tonight and ate a la carte, which meant I didn't get the soup, but I got to choose a dessert other than carrot cake or cheesecake. Chocolate thunder down under ftw!

iseetrails said:   Appears to be super small portions. Did you notice that the salad dressing and soup appear to be served in the exact same sized container? Possibly 3 ounces.

Agree with you. On top of that, I don't think the picture makes me want to eat. They look so plain.

cyfan2000 said:   Maybe Outback has come down in price. They used to be so expensive for the mediocre quality.

Had this tonight...spent a lot of time chewing bad meat

Outback is always more expensive than I expect. Let me explain. The servers at Outback are phenomenal. They bring your meal w/o hassle, remember what you're drinking and check back often to make sure everything is perfect. Then I feel obligated to over tip. I'm used to being ignored at other places, and getting a great view of my servers back.

I was at a Ruth's Steakhouse recently and the steak was close to $50. If you wanted a potato, they will add it to the bill. It's hard for me to enjoy a meal like that.

A complete meal at Outback Steak House for $15 is a good deal if you want to eat out.

The Aussie fries plate has been cut in half & now they've cut the serving portion in half as well, so it's 1/4 the size it used to be. My best suggestion is to go to Sams Club for 7 lbs of fries for $8 & cook it yourself.

PS Don't ask for water on Saturday night or they'll spit in your food even more.

FierceMice said:   This is hardly what I call a deal unless you happen to want exactly the choices offered. I ate there tonight and ate a la carte, which meant I didn't get the soup, but I got to choose a dessert other than carrot cake or cheesecake. Chocolate thunder down under ftw!

Chocolate thunder down under - was always my favourite desert until i found out this alone contained 1554 calories!.

Mercx said:   FierceMice said:   This is hardly what I call a deal unless you happen to want exactly the choices offered. I ate there tonight and ate a la carte, which meant I didn't get the soup, but I got to choose a dessert other than carrot cake or cheesecake. Chocolate thunder down under ftw!

Chocolate thunder down under

Wasn't He one of the characters in Magic Mike?

I ate there yesterday evening I was more than satisfied with my meal! I even told my waitress that I didn't want the soup, because I didn't feel like soup,and she brought me a miniature loaf of warm bread and butter. I had the grilled salmon,baked potato, and house salad with ranch dressing and it was all delicious! I was full after I ate so I took my cheesecake to go. This is definitely a great deal! Thanks OP!

rescue11 said:   I ate there yesterday evening I was more than satisfied with my meal! I even told my waitress that I didn't want the soup, because I didn't feel like soup,and she brought me a miniature loaf of warm bread and butter. I had the grilled salmon,baked potato, and house salad with ranch dressing and it was all delicious! I was full after I ate so I took my cheesecake to go. This is definitely a great deal! Thanks OP!
The loaf of bread is served with every entree

This was a warm loaf of bread

Skipping 13 Messages...
sackoloot said:   rooms222 said:   redmasi said:   VincentN said:   

Went there the other day (the Victoria's Filet was an additional $8 btw) and usually we get the 6oz Outback Special and salad for $9.99.
This time we got the Chicken Tortilla soup (yummy but mucho unhealthy which goes hand in hand), caesar salad, 6oz Outback Special steak and cheesecake.
Pretty nice deal for $15 IMO.

6oz Steak?

Damn... That's fit for a child... Not for a manly-man.

Unfortunately, a quick google search shows that at many other restaurants, including Sizzler and Long Horn, the 6oz steak is now considered an adult steak, and the child's steak has been shrunk to 4 oz......

3 oz. meat = the recommended portion for a meal. Just sayin'

As per mike bloomberg

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014